7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    tbh anything that's not written by Gimple is the complete opposite, and besides like you said, it "can" mean the opposite. and btw if it wasn't "A" definition of stark contrast then it wouldn't be in the dictionary would it? =)
    Again, you should learn the definition of words before you use them. No, "anything that's not written by Gimple is the complete opposite." It might be different, it might even be very different, but there's no way possible for it to be the complete opposite; that would require nothing being written whatsoever to even get close to the word "opposite."
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The new showrunner angela kang has been working on the latest few eps like ep 13 "Do Not Send Us Astray"

So people holding out for fresh hope with a new showrunner next season I wouldnt hold my breath judging by her quality "work" on the latest eps
    She works as writer in season 8. Being showrunner is whole different thing. Gimple was okay as writer. Turned up as worst showrunner - hell even Glen Mazzara made season 3 more interesting than what we have last two seasons.

Did you know what Glen Mazzara also wanted to kill off Carl in season 3 but then changed his mind and Axel got headshot? Looks like Gimple is dumber than even Mazzara (who was condsidered worst TWD showrunner before) after all.
    Last edited by Highwhale; 2018-04-03 at 09:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    so after catching up on the last few episodes i cant even believe how stupid the show is. they have the big battle in the night because screw being able to see any thing right?
    i then had to go re read the comic because i couldn't believe that they would be so stupid as to not watch the injured/sick after the battle, and of course in the comic they notice that there sick and watch them until they die and grieve. but why should they do something reasonable when you can have a late night zombie surprise for no reason? i mean what the hell is wrong with theses people that they think this is a good well written show? why is no one looking at the bloody source material other then to butcher it, i mean really how could this be any stupider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    She works as writer in season 8. Being showrunner is whole different thing. Gimple was okay as writer. Turned up as worst showrunner - hell even Glen Mazzara made season 3 more interesting than what we have last two seasons.

Did you know what Glen Mazzara also wanted to kill off Carl in season 3 but then changed his mind and Axel got headshot? Looks like Gimple is dumber than even Mazzara (who was condsidered worst TWD showrunner before) after all.
    if there a writer for this season i can't say i have any hope going forward the writing for this season just gets worse and worse.

Deleted
    So why was Chandler Riggs fired from the show? Truly a moronic move.

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    My guess is that parents or Chandler got greedy after hearing Gimple and Nicatero saying that they could see his story developing for another 3 years. so the Riggs tried a power play for more money or perks or something bad happened and they said ok then you are out.

I mean Riggs would not have bought a house in Georgia and planned to go to college there if he knew in advance that he was going to be killed off. There is more to the Riggs story than we are being told....

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    I'd say both of you don't.

"Stark contrast" actually means "very different from," not "the complete opposite of" though it can mean that. In the same way that a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square.

Neon Pink, for example, is a stark contrast to Navy Blue. But it's not even remotely the complete opposite of it.
    there's a difference between a literary sense of contrast and the contrast in colors

OT: season is okay, I guess, TWD hasn't been anything special for a while

Carl was a crap actor anyway. And that haircut made him even more annoying then combine that with Enids relationship and its a mess and im glad hes gone tbh

Wanna see some decent acting from kids check out the wire season 4, stranger things and A Quiet Place movie

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Carl was a crap actor anyway. And that haircut made him even more annoying then combine that with Enids relationship and its a mess and im glad hes gone tbh

Wanna see some decent acting from kids check out the wire season 4, stranger things and A Quiet Place movie
    Wasn’t the best actor but he looked close to the comic look I’d say. Best thing I can say for this train wreck of a show is that the actors look pretty close to the comic characters with a few exceptions like negan but the negan actor makes up for it by being one of the only good actors.

Did people really like Carl that much to still be so upset over his death? IMO he was a boring character who should have been killed off years ago. The only unfortunate thing about his death is how they dragged it out to fill an entire episode. As soon as they realized he was bit, they should've given him 2 minutes to say his goodbyes, shot him in the head to get it over with, and then moved on to more interesting things, which would have been literally anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wasn’t the best actor but he looked close to the comic look I’d say. Best thing I can say for this train wreck of a show is that the actors look pretty close to the comic characters with a few exceptions like negan but the negan actor makes up for it by being one of the only good actors.
    IMHO best Carl is Carl Season 3. I hated Carl in first two seasons but in season 3 I loved that badass kiddo.

Also they should have used Eastman actor (monk dude that kept Morgan in cell) for Negan. He looks like good Negan.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, i'll give them credit for this episode. I thought it was really good, the amount of betrayal was unreal. Wonder how things will turn out in the finale because they are definitely straying away from the comics. Strong feelin Negan is dying but hell, with the punches at us tonight, anything is bound to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    Alright, i'll give them credit for this episode. I thought it was really good, the amount of betrayal was unreal. Wonder how things will turn out in the finale because they are definitely straying away from the comics. Strong feelin Negan is dying but hell, with the punches at us tonight, anything is bound to happen.
    Negan going after Simon and Dwight was very predictable, although the episode was good. It is difficult to say where the story will go from now, as with killing Carl, a major element in comic story, now whole Whisperer arc is unlikely to happen.

just saw this on the walkingdead.wikia page and couldn't help but wonder...

so... by that statement that means that season 9 will be the complete opposite (for those who can't be bothered to look up what stark contrast means) of what season 8 is, so meaning that season 9 will actually be interesting and have some sort of plot??? this i've gotta see XD
    It's probably just going to be a rebuilding season, just like the prison arc was until they clashed with Governor, or Alexandria before the war with Saviors. Doubt it's going to be better than the last 2 or so seasons. I have every bit of confidence in the screenwriters to make it far more uninteresting than it already was for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Negan going after Simon and Dwight was very predictable, although the episode was good. It is difficult to say where the story will go from now, as with killing Carl, a major element in comic story, now whole Whisperer arc is unlikely to happen.
    I recon they’ll spin it and have Enid take Carl’s role in the whisper war, and change the gender of her love interest.

Deleted
    I recon they’ll spin it and have Enid take Carl’s role in the whisper war, and change the gender of her love interest.
    I mean, they could literally throw almost anyone in Carl’s role now. I heard that Daryl is the most likely candidate according to rumors. They need to give him some role to play besides borderline-mute redneck warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I will not be surprised if they killed Negan in the finale tbh. It wouldn't make sense for him to be alive specially now he is enraged (no longer wanted to make deal with Rick anymore) just like Rick toward him.

The reason I said that because yeah they killed Carl in the show so I will not be surprised that they will kill Negan in the finale and they do the whisperer arc without Negan.

This episode was meh.

It was the payoff of a few story bits we all saw coming.

I also have a gut feeling the final is going to be pure shit and that is also why Fear's new season starts right after. To boost the viewer count/ratings. This is the first time they have launched Fear the same night that Walking Dead ended its season.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I kinda liked Simon, but its gotten very obvious that he was getting what was coming. I would've loved to see Jadis brought in by Negan who gets a piece of revenge aswell. If anything I think Simon got off easily be Negan, he's done much worse to people who never did anything to him. I really liked all the Eugene scenes and watch him throwing up on Rosita. For some reason I'm expecting a letdown with the finale though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This episode was meh.

It was the payoff of a few story bits we all saw coming.

I also have a gut feeling the final is going to be pure shit and that is also why Fear's new season starts right after. To boost the viewer count/ratings. This is the first time they have launched Fear the same night that Walking Dead ended its season.

Yeah Season 8 for me is the second worst season of the entire show. Season 7 was abomination and the worst season serious only two decent episodes in that season the first one which was the major death scenes and the last one with the tiger and Ezekiel saving Rick and the Sasha stuff thats it, the rest of the season was beyond garbage imo.

This season is the same as season 7 so bad except the last three episodes we saw (13, 14, and 15) were ok and much better than season 7.

If the finale is somehow good? then this season can be redeemed hopefully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I kinda liked Simon
    I really started to like Simon more than Negan during his betrayal attempt. Negan is starting to appear like a caricature, a bit.