The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    The show is about Rick. The comic is about Carl. Carl is 100X more interesting in the comic.
    Rick gets killed in 191, Carl kills zombie Rick in 192, and it flash forwards to Carl's future in 193--the last issue
    Seems really odd to say the comic is about carl when he’s such a minor character for huge parts of it, Mabye you can say the later 3rd is more Carl focused.

AMC finally announced the release date of the season 10 finale...It's October 4th.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KLPath View Post
    AMC finally announced the release date of the season 10 finale...It's October 4th.
    oh finally. thanks for the info

I just read that they will also be giving us 6 bonus episodes for season 10 in early 2021. Very weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never started the second half of 10. Guess I need to start.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just read that they will also be giving us 6 bonus episodes for season 10 in early 2021. Very weird.
    Yea, the finale airs in October; but they aren't picking up with the "bonus episodes" or the next season in October like they always do (COVID). I guess because the 11th season is so delayed they are giving these 6 bonus episodes in early 2021.

But no details at all on whether or how the six 'bonus' episodes are gonna work. Were they just written in the interim of COVID? Were they episodes shot over the season or years even that were never showed? If its after the finale are they taking place during season 10 before finale, or is the finale not really the season ender? - shot during some other season? Perhaps will be focusing on minor arcs or background character stories just because its content?

Its very confusing. Six "Never intended to air (ever?) originally" bonus episodes. We'll just have to wait to find out more details about how they fit into the larger story.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

It was announced a couple of days ago that season 11 of The Walking Dead will be the final season. It will have an extra eight episodes for a total of 24 episodes. The episodes will finish airing in 2022. Also, more spin-offs are coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    10x18 felt like it was in the wrong season, felt really out of place for being in the second half of season 10.

Spoilered because I watched the AMC+ release which happens on Thursdays while the cable version airs on Sundays.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    10x18 felt like it was in the wrong season, felt really out of place for being in the second half of season 10.

Spoilered because I watched the AMC+ release which happens on Thursdays while the cable version airs on Sundays.
    Yea I was thinking it must be one of those 'bonus episodes' as its literally just about "What Darryl did during the multi-year skip..." Nothing to do with the week before really, nothing to do with what's coming next (at least I hope not, one episode was enough of that character development side-plot) - so I'm guessing one of those eight "bonus" episodes.

As otherwise it really just puts a full-stop on any building plot or momentum going from the second half of this season. The only thing it adds to the plot going forward is the resulting tension between Daryl and Carol at the end of the episode.

If you're not into Daryl Character Building - you can just play the last 5 minutes of the episode and 'catch up' for the part that's relevant. Unless Lea comes back, then well you just won't know who that is... =D

If It IS one of the bonus episodes, I really wish they'd denote that somehow if they're going to mix them into the 'normal season 10' episodes. And if its NOT one of the bonus episodes - wow... they're really looking for filler if this was one of the standard "season 10" episodes on the books. But if they are going to continue to intersperse "random backplot" into the normal Season 10 episodes - this half-season is going to be all over the place as far as pacing and continuity.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-03-09 at 07:43 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yea I was thinking it must be one of those 'bonus episodes' as its literally just about "What Darryl did during the multi-year skip..." Nothing to do with the week before really, nothing to do with what's coming next (at least I hope not, one episode was enough of that character development side-plot) - so I'm guessing one of those eight "bonus" episodes.
    Yeah i am sure the soldier who randomly has some connection with Daryl now won't turn out to be a Reaper down the line. No way!

I am a fan of the Walking Dead and I already knew that I would watch Walking Dead: World Beyond. And in short, I didn't like it. I do not know what audience the series "The Walking Dead: The World Beyond" is intended for, but it is clear that fans of the franchise will rush to watch this suffering teenage drama. I'll watch the sequel, because there were rumors about the appearance of Rick, but I don't really believe in this either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that last episode was the best of the extra 6. JD Morgan is amazing as Negan

Fear the Walking Dead. I recently watched all the seasons. What can I say about it? In general, this series is very interesting. We watched it together with my husband, he also really liked it, and he was looking forward to when the new seasons would come out. Of course, the further, the more confusing the plot becomes, new characters are added. In general, the series is very interesting. But sometimes not very pleasant scenes, although not very scary, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    what a finale.

holy fuck. called it. rick is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

It was announced a couple of days ago that season 11 of The Walking Dead will be the final season. It will have an extra eight episodes for a total of 24 episodes. The episodes will finish airing in 2022. Also, more spin-offs are coming.
    Back in the day, 24 episodes was an average season of a show. I miss those days.

Nice ending to the series. I have to watch it again since I missed Abraham in the ending montage? Hope it's just me and they didn't forget him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    holy fuck. called it. rick is alive.
    I think we knew that since the last time we saw him was transported out in a helicopter? No reason to think he wasn't alive.

Nice preview of the new spin-offs. I don't know if I need three of them but Dead City could be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to people who stuck with the show. I watched the finale after not seeing an episode since early Whisperers. I was alright. I don't get why the people who died had to die but whatever. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that one could skip so many episodes and still understand the finale. A finale that's not really a finally because all the money makers are simply getting their own shows.

I did look up the lore on the place Rick was sent. Is Fear the Walking Dead and the other show just that that bad or AMC sucks at marking because wiki entries on the world outside of the main show sound amazing Kind of makes the Alexandria group like a bunch of people who absolutely failed at adjusting to the apocalypse. Even the Commonwealth seems primative compared to everything else.

Might give the shows a chance but I don't know if they continue to some of the same tropes that caused me to lose interest.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Such a shame the show went the way it did. Used to love the 20-30 pages chat on here per episode (mostly discussing whether rick was a good or bad guy). And yet this single page spans 2.5 years which really is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Such a shame the show went the way it did. Used to love the 20-30 pages chat on here per episode (mostly discussing whether rick was a good or bad guy). And yet this single page spans 2.5 years which really is nuts.
    It went on for at least 3-4 seasons too many, most people probably lost interest ages ago. The only reason I watched it to the end was because I started it with a co-worker and we talk about it once a week over coffee ever since. And that's the only reason she watched it to the end too. We tried Fear the walking dead and Beyond but couldn't watch more than one episode.

The new shows are supposed to be only 6 episodes each, if one of the three is any good I'll watch it. Dead City might be it, not that interested in Darryl Dixon and tbh I don't care what happened to Rick...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I liked it till the end of S8. I managed to watch S9. Then i kinda lost interest.
    /spit@Blizzard