Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Then you'll get even more people whining that zombies ain't a threat anymore, and that the show is all about humans (as it’s supposed to be). I mean, let’s face it, why all the black ops, samurai, Kung Fu bullshit they keep pulling up, when they could just walk around covered in guts with pointy sticks?
    Isn't that why they need to bring in the Whisperers? Makes the idea of zombies still a threat but not the actual zombies.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Except, everything that happens in the show is either guided or approved by Robert Kirkman, who writes the comic. So, I am unsure at the point you are trying to make here. Most of the changes that have happened on screen vs the comic have happened because of hindsight and Kirkman admitting to have wanting to have done different things.
    Slave catching cops. What an awful storyline.

The handling of Negan as being a master strategist when they caught Rick and gang instead of them all just driving down that one road.

Carol destroying all of Terminus with a mother fucking bottle rocket... Ludicrous.

Anytime AMC tries to tackle a show with guns it fails immensely. There are so many more instances in the show where the show runners go off the rails and create sub-par characters never present in the Comics. What you describe are certain characters living or the story going in a different direction with Kirkman's maybe approval. Which is probably, "Here is this big check do you care what we do? No? K."

Deleted
    Not a bad episode for a season start following a garbage season 8. Hopefully next week it gets better or I will be disappointed.

This old horse back on is it. Eh after last season it finally killed off all interest in the show. Theres only so many ninja/hordes of zombies and pointless gun shoot outs with no reloading one can take.

Literally going through the motions now even the lead has had enough

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've still been a fan of the show even through all the hate it seems to get these days, but I don't think it'll be right without Rick around. I feel like I'm going to start losing interest really quickly once he's gone. I guess Daryl is the logical replacement, but it still won't be the same.

Although I will be interested to see how it happens. I read somewhere that Rick's simply going to walk away and not die (so kind of like what Morgan did, except Rick isn't just crossing over to another show), but I think that was just speculation. If he does actually die, it'll be interesting to see how, since "Rick has super plot armor and can never die" has been a thing people have said since the beginning of the show.

After Sundays episode, I have a feeling that The Whisperers are going to make their appearance in the mid season finale, Maggie will die, rick will go off into the sunset and Negan will be there to SAVE THE DAY!!

Maggie has got nothing in terms of leadership respect with Hilltop as some are starting to regret their decision. She is starting to lose connection to the other grps and yeah......... She is getting killed off I think.

What scares me is that I feel like Daryl is going to do something stupid or he is going to become the new baddie to keep the human tension going. They are playing his character too rabid, to uncontrollable, too dangerous. I feel like him and Justin are going to be making a new group. Wildly out there but yeah....

I'm just going to say, I'm so happy they have a new showrunner. This season the characters actually fucking talk to each other instead of delivering weird 1 liner, half sentences or grunting like Daryl. It'll be a shame to see Rick go though. I still can't get over them killing Carl (I actually think it was the worst mistake the show made) just to replace him with Henry according to some leaks , I really don't think it'll be easy to get over Rick dying.

people still watch this show yea?

at this point they might as well rename it "these are the days of our lives" with an hourglass background.

Series needs to die. But because it still pulls in above small numbers thats enough incentive for AMC to absolutely roll through the motions

and enjoy such epic spin off shows such as "talking dead" and "fear the walking dead"

meanwhile the original creator/mastermind of the once epic season 1 Frank darabont (shawshawk redemption) still waits to recover his lawyer costs trying to get his deserved entitlements from the super shady business overlords AMC

fuck the walking dead.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-10-17 at 07:00 AM.

The first 2 episodes were a borefest, basically Little House on the Prairie with zombies. The first act felt like they tried to parody their own show and I very much doubt that people cared about Gregory after his... 4th or 5th betrayal by now? Despite that it might be worth sitting trough to see the Whispers and Rick's ending eventually. The ratings so far have not been doing so well, its still a lot but a major drop off compared to previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The first 2 episodes were a borefest, basically Little House on the Prairie with zombies. The first act felt like they tried to parody their own show and I very much doubt that people cared about Gregory after his... 4th or 5th betrayal by now? Despite that it might be worth sitting trough to see the Whispers and Rick's ending eventually. The ratings so far have not been doing so well, its still a lot but a major drop off compared to previous seasons.
    Well see, that is the problem with rebuilding something, there is no action involved in the building process. Just think about games like Warcraft, Starcraft, Empires&Nations, Command and Conquer, essentially every single RTS game or civilization building game in existence, the first half(The building and resource gathering) is ALWAYS BORING and slow. I went into this season with exactly that in mind.

They are all starting to form an organization state where each group has rules and trade agreements. I expected the first few episodes to be about the rebuilding of a new civilization and expected to be slow and tedious. That is just the way rebuilding is. But at lease we are seeing a bit more in development of them growing as a individually governed collectively combined system.

BUT.... with the stupidity of humanity and the stupidity of TWD, we all know this is gonna get shot to shit. I was just glad to finally see them start using traps and stuff to try leading the heard into killing fields. I want to see more of them going on the offensive and starting to reduce the walker 'threat'.

The dialogue is 10000000000x better than before.

Its a shame Kang came along too late to save the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahoy, Walker stalkers! Been catching up with TWD on Prime... one slight problem; I hit the season 7 midseason break last night and it’s seems 710 onwards isn’t covered by Prime. Anyone know when it’ll be shifting to free? I checked around and it seems like it’s 1year after the air date... but that would have been February, so clearly they’re lying.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Ahoy, Walker stalkers! Been catching up with TWD on Prime... one slight problem; I hit the season 7 midseason break last night and it’s seems 710 onwards isn’t covered by Prime. Anyone know when it’ll be shifting to free? I checked around and it seems like it’s 1year after the air date... but that would have been February, so clearly they’re lying.
    psst something something torrents

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    psst something something torrents
    I know, I know. That said. It seems it’s only episodes 10 and 11 that aren’t free. Seems like a bug on Amazon.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Can Tara please die already.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    people still watch this show yea?

at this point they might as well rename it "these are the days of our lives" with an hourglass background.

Series needs to die. But because it still pulls in above small numbers thats enough incentive for AMC to absolutely roll through the motions

and enjoy such epic spin off shows such as "talking dead" and "fear the walking dead"

meanwhile the original creator/mastermind of the once epic season 1 Frank darabont (shawshawk redemption) still waits to recover his lawyer costs trying to get his deserved entitlements from the super shady business overlords AMC

fuck the walking dead.
    i learned something today. you post depressing shit to forums other than the main wow ones. at least you are consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i learned something today. you post depressing shit to forums other than the main wow ones. at least you are consistant.
    you're welcome to check out the red dead 2 thread or the dragon quest 11 or spider-man or assassin creed thread and see I can be a ray of sunshine too mr weird internet stalker

Dont get shitty at me because half you lot cant admit you only watch this show out of habit/hours already invested. Not because you're excited for the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What the hell you on about? Over half the posts in the thread are about how mediocre/crappy the serie is...

...the lack of excitement for it is pretty obvious, no one is really pretending otherwise.

That wasn't the point though, it's just funny the amount of time you keep investing on a thread about of a show that you already claimed 2 or 3 times to have stopped watching... and it's not that you ain't allowed to post about it just because you don't watch it anymore, it's just that you sometimes you come up with the dumbest shit just to shit on it, it's hilarious.

Also, before you want to comment on the "time invested" part, I want to remind you that it doesn't take much to click on your nickname and select "view forum posts" either.
    takes 5 secs to reply to a butt hurt poster because I say the truth about a crappy thing, in this case wow/walking dead.

I dont invest any time at all into walking dead, dont delude yourself buddy.

I had said my bit and left it, It was dcc that brought it up again a week later after my post

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my theories about Maggie going power hunger are coming true. Rick is either going to be martyred or walk away from the group. Hard to see them killing him a clean way for the show survive in 2 episodes while Michonne and Judith are still around.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I have a feeling that with Maggie she is going to lose her baby like in the comics(Comics was Ricks kid) and she will go full bore rage. And yeah, I had a feeling Maggie would become not power hungry like Negan or Simon, but power hungry for revenge.

She only seems to give a real hard time to the Saviors and Alexandria. She is working with The Kingdom and Oceanside, but she does not give a fuck all for Saviors and Alexandria because of Negan.

She knows that she is one of the main providers for all 4 camps and she is using that as leverage against the Saviors and Alexandria/