Spell Powah Enhance.

Would just like to get some discussion and experiments on the roll.

Before all I could not even be arsed to max my dagger skill, excuses.. So the dps from Frost Needle might even be greater when it is maxed out.

Just switched out my [Heroic](Black Bruise '277) for a regular [Normal](Bleak Coldarra Carver '251) as Enhance.
    The DPS differences between (h)Black Bruise and (n)Frost Needle were barely ~200 dps, with Black Bruise taking the lead.

My current gear is ilvl ~268. Did ~8.7k with (h)Black Bruise, and ~8.5k with (n) Frost Needle!

So how would it all summ out on the list with a 277+ onehand spellpower weapon AND maxed out dagger skill?

It's an impulse action, thought I'd post it right away so I wont forget bout it..
    Last edited by Fnukk; 2010-10-18 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Correction

Deleted
    I remember http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763 was very good for some time.

So I would think that if you enchanted same lvl caster weapon with berserker the difference wouldn't be that big in dps.
    The only bad thing is there are no slow 1h caster weapons nor offhands.

Quote Originally Posted by cybo View Post
    I remember http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763 was very good for some time.

So I would think that if you enchanted same lvl caster weapon with berserker the difference wouldn't be that big in dps.
    The only bad thing is there are no slow 1h caster weapons nor offhands.
    I fail to see the resemblance to the original topic.

The DPS I recieve by using the Bleak Coldarra Carver, NORMAl 251 version -- Compaired to -- Black Bruise, HEROIC 277 version,
    was barely ~200 dps difference, so it is ALREADY a tiny difference.

All this even though I had yet to max my Dagger skill out, and the fact it is a fast onehand weapon.

So.. Lets say I get my hands on a neat 277 onehand weapon, with caster stats.
    Then here's my original "thought",

" Will it surpass our currently best 'main hand weapon, aka Havoc? "
    Last edited by Fnukk; 2010-10-18 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Correction

Deleted
    Care to elaborate just how you tested this combination of items, since Frost needle is a sword and therefore not avaliable to Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Care to elaborate just how you tested this combination of items, since Frost needle is a sword and therefore not avaliable to Shamans.
    Hmm, thought it was that one.. It's a dagger for sure at least, I am going to check it up right away.

EDIT: The right weapon is "Bleak Coldarra Carver" of course.
    Last edited by Fnukk; 2010-10-18 at 03:28 PM.

4.0.1 removed weapon skills.

That's why I can't find the tab, were just suprised by all the glancing blows caused so thought it was still used.

Anyhow, seems like I am having a raid event this evening so will ensure a fine onehand weapon with caster stats, and have some fun later on.

Really? I think we need to add "Spellpower weapons" to the "2H and Tanking Enhancement" thread.

Blizzard has said on multiple occasions that we are not intended to use spellpower weapons. If they are as good or better than normal weapons it won't last long - and certainly not into cataclysm.

Deleted
    All the detailed testing has shown time and time and time again that fast weapons are just bad for us, all sorts of things simply don't scale off fast weapons in particular fast off hands.

Now for a while we are in the weird lvl 85 balance but only lvl 80 characters situation all sorts of crap might be possible but really fast weapons are BAD.

BTW I agree with LyskaWF - fast spellpower weapon and 2h weapon threads are just re-hashing tired old arguments I really should add that to the "don't post this crap" rules thread.

Locking fail topic.