Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i've been doing this way longer than you probably have kid. yes i'm comparing BG's to WG because the same people are que'ing for both. and how fast it fills, literally the first 30s is indicative of people queing for BG's, and waiting...desperate for ANY pvp. before 4.01 you could que during WG and get in.

there is just no way it should take 10+ minutes to get a game if you just want to solo que a few games a night. it can't be that hard to match 10-15 vs
    You didn't read anything I wrote huh?
    Wg: has a much higher cap to how many people can join. Only people on your server can queue. And wg doesn't have to be balanced (like bgs has to have a minimum amount to start) and wg is first come first serve (you click when it pops you're in)

Bgs: 30x more people queuing up for bgs. 10-40 people on each side. Only around 12 game lobbies for each game type.
    Also.... If say 200 alliance queue up and only 180 queue up for wsg then you have to wait for more horde to queue up or wait for a game to be over so those horde queue up.

Numbers are usually never that close. And those on the bigger side (more people queuing) have to wait.

My horde has to wait 15 mins for queues on the same server as my warlock who gets instant queues.
    You could of played since vanilla.. Still doesn't mean you know shot about how bgs work.

I hope this helped. Don't know if I can dumb it down anymore
    Last edited by axelnomnom; 2010-10-19 at 12:44 AM.

Fixing the Graveyard Rez Bug, The Scoreboard Bug, and the Cog bug should be priority.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Fixing the Graveyard Rez Bug, The Scoreboard Bug, and the Cog bug should be priority.
    Agreed.

Though I am hating these ~20min waits. There's only so much virtual fishing a person can do!
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

thats why WG fills up in the first 30 seconds of it being available jackass.

unless they're ALL group queing which i doubt, single que's are f'd up. you have to be retarded to think everyone is group que'ing in a given battlegroup, or completely out of touch with how people que BG's and always have...

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 11:18 PM ----------

seriously what else is there right now? oh thats right damage meter tests on target dummy's for pve lololol. pve has so many lame people who do it its almost sad people think its fun.
    WQ is server specific.
    BG's and Arena are based on Battlegroups (a battlegroup is a cluster of servers)

You shouldn't insult people if you don't even know this.

The BG queue time is directly related to the Horde:Alliance ratio on your battlegroup. If 5H:1A than the queue time reflects that. The easiest fix to this would be to re-align the battlegroups to a more even ratio. However, I remember reading somewhere that come Cata BGs were going to pull from all battlegroups. Until then the 'fix' seems to be to queue in party like has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    The BG queue time is directly related to the Horde:Alliance ratio on your battlegroup. If 5H:1A than the queue time reflects that. The easiest fix to this would be to re-align the battlegroups to a more even ratio. However, I remember reading somewhere that come Cata BGs were going to pull from all battlegroups. Until then the 'fix' seems to be to queue in party like has been mentioned.
    Forum posters up in this thread doing alot more writing than reading. (not you, I'm just lazy to quote the others)

Group up in a full party. (5 players)
    Queue up.
    Realize that this cuts your queue time in half.

I don't know why it works that way and it doesn't make any sort of logical sense (other than some sort of hidden priority was implemented towards group play), but I've been taking in about 1000 honor per day from just a couple of hours of playtime.

Yesterday
    SOLO QUEUE: 17-20 Minutes
    GROUP(5) QUEUE: 3 Minutes

Ideally, if everyone did this, it would actually extremely reduce the productivity of AFK botters trying to queue solo.

Did Blizzard just indirectly fix AFK botters and not let anyone know about it?

/tinfoil
    Last edited by Junlee; 2010-10-19 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    You should see Stormstrike's BG queues, they're like 50+ minutes right now if you queue alone.
    you must be on the horde side, they are instant for alliance
    Snakes on an AC-130

only problem ive seen with bgs is that annoying rez bug in wintergrasp.and im sure fixing bgs is on the bottom of blizzards priority seeing as how they dont care all that much about the pvp

People calling others stupid and such really gets nowhere here...

I can tell you its something to do with the queueing. Nothing else, not ratios, Battlegrps etc etc...

I have a decent geared PvP horde lock that i went to test out some dmg on, signed up - waited 15 mins then thought wtf so i

/2 [Trade] Me: Anyone else experiencing long BG queues?
    /2 [Trade] About 20 replies: Yeh WTF is going on, this is BS!

Hmm ok then, swap to my Ally druid, same server (Therefore saome Battlegroup etc) thinking that it must be a ratio thing. Signed up again - waited 15 mins again... Thought this is screwed

/2 [Trade] Me: Seems BG queues are just as long here as they are on the horde side.
    /2 [Trade] 20 others: Yeh wtf, this is BS.

WG started 5 mins later, full grps no tenacity!! Ppl wanted to PvP, the only way they could it seems is by joining WG for some fun.

Id suggest finding a few to grp with if this problem persists. Though i havent had any problems with it recently, when it did happen I jumped on a Lowbie to get my PvP fix

i personally dont see bgs ever being fix untill they force some of the goddamn horde fanboys to go ally to even out sides......so basicly i dont think it will ever be fix
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    Horde-Bloodlust(US)
    Solo Queue: 15-17minutes
    Group(4-5 players): 1-5 minutes
    Group(15 players): instant

Queuing with numbers other than the above specified seem to be a bit random, one time a queue with 14 players took 22 minutes. Sometimes I queue with 3 players and it takes about 15 minutes. From my experience, either 4-5 or a solid 15 raid gives you reduced queue times. I have no idea why, unless Blizzard implemented some stealth prioritizing in the BG queue system.
    hes right, solo ques on Blades Edge(horde) is like 20 minutes, que with others and its under 5.

Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    happens when you play on a overpopulated server, i play alliance on bloodlust, inst queues, not 100% sure on the ally:horde ratio, but i hear its like 1:11, could be wrong tho.

once rated bgs come out (horde vs horde) this will fix all the poblems
    Yet another person who has no gd clue what they are talking about... but posts anyway. Need a rating system on here to bury these type of posts.

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    happens when you play on a overpopulated server, i play alliance on bloodlust, inst queues, not 100% sure on the ally:horde ratio, but i hear its like 1:11, could be wrong tho.

once rated bgs come out (horde vs horde) this will fix all the poblems
    1. BG's are based on a battlegroup, not a server.
    2. the worst server imbalances haven't exceeded 4:1 ratios except for short periods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exaltednun View Post
    2. the worst server imbalances haven't exceeded 4:1 ratios except for short periods.
    I believe there are realms that are even more imbalanced than that, some examples include Mal'Ganis-US (~12:1 H:A), Cho'gall-US(~10+:1 H:A), and Silvermoon-EU(1:25[!] H:A).
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    i will post something to get trolled.

BGs will never be #1 on the list, personal opinion i think they would focus more on PvE as it is a larger part of World of Warcraft lore and content, BGs still wouldn't be #2 on the list because arena is where blizz makes a lot of money and is more competitive on the PvP side of things. i wouldn't be surprised if BGs still had bugs and glitches when cata goes live

on another note why don't people just stop QQing about how crap wow is now and just quit if you cant be bothered waiting 20 mins for a BG and there's "nothing" else to do

also can anyone tell me if the BGs queue system goes of battle groups ratio or server ratio?

some guy said that he wanted different human models so he is not wasting his money, i don't blame you as it is dam expensive and again i wouldn't be surprised if blizz dose do a free race change as they do with new servers

just my opinions...flame away

Deleted
    i have instant queues, always, Grimbatol eu alliance side.

lol wtf is up with you peoples queues, i get less than 5 seconds :S
    Do you play on low populated battlegroups or something O.o
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sicko View Post
    i will post something to get trolled.

BGs will never be #1 on the list, personal opinion i think they would focus more on PvE as it is a larger part of World of Warcraft lore and content, BGs still wouldn't be #2 on the list because arena is where blizz makes a lot of money and is more competitive on the PvP side of things. i wouldn't be surprised if BGs still had bugs and glitches when cata goes live

on another note why don't people just stop QQing about how crap wow is now and just quit if you cant be bothered waiting 20 mins for a BG and there's "nothing" else to do

also can anyone tell me if the BGs queue system goes of battle groups ratio or server ratio?

some guy said that he wanted different human models so he is not wasting his money, i don't blame you as it is dam expensive and again i wouldn't be surprised if blizz dose do a free race change as they do with new servers

just my opinions...flame away
    Actually you're quite wrong. Blizzard shifts more PvP towards BGs for that specific reason that arena isnt what they would wish it to be. They themselves admitted they wouldnt make it second time [arena].

Rated BGs > Arena

there is just no way it should take 10+ minutes to get a game if you just want to solo que a few games a night. it can't be that hard to match 10-15 vs
    Well, you can blame Blizzard for ever letting faction change enter the game. When that option hit the game, alot of Alliance people that were tired of losing, migrated to the Horde side.

There isnt much of a wait time on my battlegroup for queues for alliance, generally less than 1 minute. But, once you get into the bg you usually find your self severly out numberd. I joined a AV today its was 14v40 for the first 4 minutes or so, then once that had wiped us, took our towers, took back their towers and were camping us at the spawn gy then and only then did we manage to get up to 30 people b4 they killed van. I would rather wait 10mins to get into a bg thats full then get into a bg instantly thats half empty. I also find that the players that are willing to wait 10-15 mins are much better at pvp because they are the ones that truely want to be there and know they have to make the best of it.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Well, you can blame Blizzard for ever letting faction change enter the game. When that option hit the game, alot of Alliance people that were tired of losing, migrated to the Horde side.
    This X 100,000. If your server/battlegroup was already in favor of winning a battleground or wg, once the faction change opened up all the people that have been losing for years straight hoped over to the winning side, throwing the balance even further out. Hopefully with the removal of battle groups ( I thought I read that somewhere ) PVP will balance out alot more.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

http: forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14989561479&sid=1

This is the best and most probable explanation I have seen as to why the BG queues are screwed up: a (surprise!) bug introduced in the patch.

There is so much yabber yabber in this thread so lets clear up some misconceptions:

(1) Alliance are underrepresented in all battlegroups I know of. They will get instant queues no matter what, just like tanks always get instant queues for random dungeons. Sometimes it's good to be the minority!

(2) More Horde queuing means longer BG times. Yes, absolutely. But on my server our queues jumped from 6 minutes off-peak to 18-27 minutes. There is no way the number of extra bodies who came back for the patch would skew queue times that much, unless the Alliance population didn't shift at all. Unlikely.

(3) Before 4.01, groups and premades always had longer wait than solo queuers. After the patch it's the exact opposite; solo queuers can wait 20+ minutes while groups get in under two minutes in most cases. This is new behavior, and it is entirely unrelated to Horde/Alliance ratios. Something, therefore, has changed behind the scenes.

What's changed? Don't know. Maybe Blizzard wants to screw the casual PvPer. Or maybe, just maybe, there's a bug that needs'a fixin'.

[I'm a newbie so I can't post links. Just but the backslashes back in!]