Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resilience nerfed

It seems there was a lot of mourning about the resilience buff and blizzard listened it seems
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are going to take the resilience buff down a little.

It should end up as a 25% buff from where it stood originally, not a 50% buff. For point of comparison, maxing out resilience before our first hotfix reduced damage by ~50%. After out hotfix, the damage reduction with max resilience was 80%. With this most recent change, damage reduction with max resilience will go down to 60%.

Part of what is going on here is that we don't want newly leveled characters to explode in PvP, while still making sure that well-geared characters aren't invulnerable. The current resilience curve makes that a tricky thing to balance. Perhaps in the future resilience needs diminishing returns so that it doesn't keep getting better and better the more you have.

While we don't have any additional announcements to make at this time, there are some additional balance tweaks we're working on. Some of our adjustments at level 80 ended up causing certain classes to be overpowered or underpowered at level 85.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages still hit for retarded amounts. :| Frost it seems is the worst, or the only one I noticed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nooooooooo I won't be able to tank rogues as ret now :'(

Deleted
    As a arms warrior I really liked the large resi.

Depending on your class and the class of the toons you are fighting it might seem like resilience has been nerfed. They did take some of the armor away and it didn't get the massive stam increase like pve gear did. Reducing dmg taken is much better then lowering the chance to be hit by crits though. If you are in full wrathful, which everyone can be at this point you have at 60% or more reduction to dmg taken, thats a ton. Sure ppl will hit you with more crits but they are going to do less dmg then they would have and the non crit hits will get you for almost nothing. Ppl used to facerolling ppl by foolishly getting hit by players and just trying to punch it out with them are going to have problems ppl that pvp by kiting and avoiding dmg which is the smart thing to do in all parts of the game will do fine.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I as mage welcome this change

More classes having better or more self heals, larger cookies, rogues 5 point healing combo and warriors victory rush heals have changed things a bit. Once ppl adapt to some class changes things will even out and go back to normal.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woohaaa View Post
    I as mage welcome this change
    Ofc you do. Your survival ability is mainly around cds. Imagine playing warrior without resi

10+ Year Old Account
    at last, fire spec is viable now ^^

as long as resilience still affects crits and non-crits, it's going to be better than it was before they removed the crit % reduction.

Deleted
    What's the point ? mages and priests will still piss on everyone and rogues will still blow up anyone in one ambush-shadow dance-ambush spam spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    What's the point ? mages and priests will still piss on everyone and rogues will still blow up anyone in one ambush-shadow dance-ambush spam spree.
    You didn't indicate your class - maybe those are just counters to you? As a priest in high resilience, even post nerf, it's almost impossible for a rogue to kill me. If it weren't for recuperate I'd pretty much kill them every time, but due to that it's generally a draw. And mages... Mana burn, nuff said.

If you don't wear resilience, yeah you're going to die fast. If you do, you have the opportunity to allow skill to provide survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    You didn't indicate your class - maybe those are just counters to you? As a priest in high resilience, even post nerf, it's almost impossible for a rogue to kill me. If it weren't for recuperate I'd pretty much kill them every time, but due to that it's generally a draw. And mages... Mana burn, nuff said.

If you don't wear resilience, yeah you're going to die fast. If you do, you have the opportunity to allow skill to provide survival.
    Right now res is in pretty awful shape for anyone who doesn't actually have good defensive cooldowns. I play a lock with 1428 res and just got hit for 10k by a pally. Between that, and the normalization of hp pools on pve and pvp gear, Its actually smarter to go with raid gear. I only have 2k more health in my pvp gear but my raid gear gives me tons more damage.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

Deleted
    Nerf em all

I'm sorry I didn't get to experience the buffed resilience, but I don't think I'll be too sad with this change, since I mainly play my mage.

Welcome to my world. . .

I am guessing after they watched this video they decided they needed to nerf resilience .

Last edited by Elite Peon; 2010-10-20 at 07:45 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It was a needed nerf tbh. I was at 70%-75% damage reduction before the patch (1766 Resilience), making me virtually unkillable by even 5-6 people (exactly as show in the movie).

After the 60% cap you are still much harder to kill when Resilience stacked, I have no problems staying alive at least.
    Last edited by Googolplex; 2010-10-20 at 07:47 AM.

Holy crap, that's just stupid... (that video o_o)

Welcome to my world. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    It was a needed nerf tbh. I was at 70%-75% damage reduction before the patch (1766 Resilience), making me virtually unkillable by even 5-6 people (exactly as show in the movie).

After the 60% cap you are still much harder to kill when Resilience stacked, I have no problems staying alive at least.
    ^
    This

I have been pvp'ing a bit during the time resil was buffed and belive me, healers were near impossible to kill. Even with MS/wound on them they could more or less wals around without putting much effort in staying alive.

Sweet mother of god That video was insane.