Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Live servers and private servers = no difference

I feel like playing a private server atm... in low lvl BGS ele shamans does 2/3 of ur hp with 1 lava burst, same with ambush, eviscerate, ravage etc...... Why does some classes have to be GODMODE?? Its not fair... im trying to win by outplaying ppl, having fun trying to improve as i play... but no... Pvp is like heaven for handicapped children atm... just roll a 2 shot class. and Its just as bad at lvl 80

PS:Not to mention all the bugs they still haven't fixed!!! GOD private servers have less bugs!!! And we are PAYING for this? SERIOUSLY?
    Last edited by icecreamtruck; 2010-10-21 at 07:49 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye because a mmo has to be right immidiatly and doesnt need some balancing first right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 banhammer somehow o.o, and if you read the blue posts, it said something like "We are balancing it around higher levels first, and working down". So ya.

I believe there's a blue post on the front page for people with knee-jerk reactions like you.

Endgame is more important, they'll fix the lower levels when they fix them, for the time being just deal with it.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvandus View Post
    Ye because a mmo has to be right immidiatly and doesnt need some balancing first right?
    No, becuase obviously the WoW dev team is not always right in making their decisions. And I wouldnt doubt a real mastermind, or a team of them would do a worse job than them.

Whatsoever, it's an illusion of the past that all private servers get stream-lined into "LOL, only Brazil freaks playing on them". Many private servers of more complex games can very easily compete with their official servers, and WoW is no exception. It is possible for a private server to reach 99% retail-like status, minus paying subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by knowshisclass View Post
    oh so running through engame bugs in beta, and then the ptr, despite having a ton of reports about the bugs, yet releasing it to live is just business as usual. I see.
    Those windows you see when opening the game after the patch, you know, the ones you dont read but just scroll down to the bottom to hit ok, well they revoke any right you have to bitch and moan about this sort of thing.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

It has gone a long time and blizz still havent fixed bugs and 2 shots... many of these things they will never fix. They think it is fine...? Do they even play their own game?? Its so frustrating atm seriously... getting globalled by kids. They think they are really skilled...

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    It has gone a long time and blizz still havent fixed bugs and 2 shots... many of these things they will never fix. They think it is fine...? Do they even play their own game?? Its so frustrating atm seriously... getting globalled by kids. They think they are really skilled...
    Maybe you should try leveling up instead of raging at the pathetic twinks that live just to get this kind of reaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    no because if I sold a television or a car as a consumer product in the state that they sell this game, i'd be in jail for fraud.
    Because every car and every television is without a single fault? Right.. Show me that one..

no because if I sold a television or a car as a consumer product in the state that they sell this game, i'd be in jail for fraud.
    Not at all essentially the state of the game comparing it to your scenario would be roughly the equivilent to a few loose screws, or a wobbly panel. Nothing life threatening, nothing that causes the game to catastrophically break down causing major irrepariable damage. The bugs in live are at most annoying. This stuff happens ALL the time in the two industries you referenced.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Go ahead and defend blizz saying severs are fine atm... When fucking private servers are better quality...

You're just a part of the millions of customers who are getting scammed for money by blizz...

I don't remember Blizz advertising the game as being perfectly balanced at every level in the game. Hell the don't even advertise the game as being perfectly balanced(or even remotely balanced) at level cap.

Blizz isn't Falsely advertising the game(ok they may have advertised the Dance Studio on occasion but I always considered it as a preview of what they were planning on adding and it just didn't make the cut), they aren't using any "Bait and Switch" tactics that I know of, they aren't doing any form of Counterfeiting(again that I know of), and etc.

Personally I'm not seeing any for of "Fraud" being at work but maybe I'm just dense and that could be the reason I'm not seeing any Fraud at work.

You're just a part of the millions of customers who are getting scammed for money by blizz...
    What scamming is going on? They aren't tricking us into giving them our money, we can stop paying them whenever we want to, and Blizz's servers are fine, if your precious private servers are of higher quality than Blizzards the server probably doesn't have a fraction of the users Blizz does[more users equals decrease in stability and higher network traffic(ie. latency)].
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-10-21 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    2 shots = HP is a lot higher on 85, that's what its balanced around. So right now, we just have to live with it. though they buffed resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead and defend blizz saying severs are fine atm... When fucking private servers are better quality...

Also it's stupid to pay for games when you can download them from the internet for free.

Then go play your shitty little "donor-friendly" private servers and come back and rage some more when blizzard shuts them down for breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Citatus View Post
    2 shots = HP is a lot higher on 85, that's what its balanced around. So right now, we just have to live with it. though they buffed resilience.
    why they cant just buff hp at all lvls is beyond me... game is unplayable up to lvl 80

why they cant just buff hp at all lvls is beyond me... game is unplayable up to lvl 80
    Why you think that no further change will ever be made to player power below level 80 is beyond me... people are complaining no matter what these days

its only a matter of time until blizz ignoring problems in testing and releasing them into live, is met with a "game crushing" class action lawsuit, just like would happen to other "shoddy" manufacturers in other industries. the beauty of this all is they document the errors in their beta testing, prt testing, as well as the posts that they have had posted by testers in their forums.

WTB really skilled / slimeball / moneyhungry attorney with balls.

pst.
    Your attorney will get owned in the face by the fine print in the eula and tos.

Live server cost money?
    private servers dont?

15+ Year Old Account

So private servers have 4.0.1 and have none of the balance issues, bugs, and other perceived or not hooplah? If they have the same patch level they would have the same game.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 02:46 AM ----------

My alt has been doing just fine below 80 since the patch. The game isn't unplayable.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 02:49 AM ----------

its only a matter of time until blizz ignoring problems in testing and releasing them into live, is met with a "game crushing" class action lawsuit, just like would happen to other "shoddy" manufacturers in other industries. the beauty of this all is they document the errors in their beta testing, prt testing, as well as the posts that they have had posted by testers in their forums.

WTB really skilled / slimeball / moneyhungry attorney with balls.

pst.
    You can't sue them for bugs and balance issues. You agree to the product they offer when you accept the terms of use. This happens everytime they release a patch, which changes those files. In order to play you have to accept them and when you accept them you agree to the product as it is.

If you don't like it don't pay, don't play, and don't accept the Terms saying you are okay with it. The choice is yours.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."