Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Irae AoD vs. Cho'gall 10

10man Irae AoD vs. Cho'gall Video

After some hours of 25man testing (and some fun with Valanoth - Blizzard GM making fun of us) and an 8% wipe, we tryed 10man version of the Cho'gal fight. Sadly we downed him in our first try, which approves my impression 10man seems to be lot easier than 25.
    We'll release our video of the fight tomorrow in our Raid Preview Section
    We got one T11 Token, Caster Ring and a Leather Melee Helm.
    Last edited by Xas; 2010-10-24 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Video Link added

But many guilds who been testing cho'gal on 10 man have been whiping for hours and because you one shot it it automatically makes it easier than 25 man?

I don't understand.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Watched the kill. Nice job guys.

I would have to say they seemed to do it with relative ease.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So after wiping for hours on 25 man and getting him to 8%, you do 10 man and 1 shot him and call it undertuned after doing it for hours beforehand? That makes no sense.

He didn't say it was undertuned. He did both fights and thought the 10man was easier. Reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    He didn't say it was undertuned. He did both fights and thought the 10man was easier. Reading comprehension.
    He thought 10 man was easier because they all knew the fight after whiping on 25 man cho'gal for hours and they got him to 8%. So after that they switch to 10 man and one shot him.

Reading comprehension.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    So after wiping for hours on 25 man and getting him to 8%, you do 10 man and 1 shot him and call it undertuned after doing it for hours beforehand? That makes no sense.
    Ofcourse its undertuned if it can be killed in a few hours.
    "The world of games is in a kind of a trance. People are programmed to accept so little. But the possibilities are so great"

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    Sadly we downed him in our first try, which approves my impression 10man seems to be lot easier than 25.
    This may not be true when it goes live, there's a reason you're testing it.

all bosses on ptr are too easy at the moment. the fact that all released bosses have been killed by nearly everyone who has attempted them is MAJOR red flag for me. unless all these raids we are seeing are supposed to be as easy as naxxramas in lvl 70 gear.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    This may not be true when it goes live, there's a reason you're testing it.
    i sincerely hope they increase the difficulty on every single boss. dont want easy but cool looking fights. would rather fight a brick that did nothing interesting as long as it was hard to kill

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    From one of the top guilds in the world? Oh please, of course it'll die to a WORLD TOP 10 GUILD quickly o normal. Seriously now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely not tuned properly yet, I mean that's why they are tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Shulman View Post
    Ofcourse its undertuned if it can be killed in a few hours.
    But thats just it, it wasnt a few hours, they had done the same exact fight for hours on 25, got him to 8%, and then got him down. So you cant tell say its undertuned because they flew through content that had done several times before.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, not many groups have actually killed him yet. Just because a boss is killed in testing doesn't automagically make it "OMFG IT DIED UNDERTUNED BUFF PLOX!"

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstorm View Post
    But thats just it, it wasnt a few hours, they had done the same exact fight for hours on 25, got him to 8%, and then got him down. So you cant tell say its undertuned because they flew through content that had done several times before.
    Several times before ? the fight was only just released tonight. If anyone can down him that fast then its not tuned right.
    "The world of games is in a kind of a trance. People are programmed to accept so little. But the possibilities are so great"

unless the boss is way overtuned compared to the gear that people are given in beta, it is natural that a boss goes down eventually (even if it takes hours). Most of people in the top guilds have seen almost every single mechanic blizzard can throw at them and no matter how Blizzard decides to throw them in and mix them up, its just the matter of those players to get used to it. When they get used to it, the boss dies.

A overtuned/gear cockblock boss is not fun. I just hope the mechanics are interesting and that some are really unique

Edit: I was under the impression that the testers get raid gears for testing. IF not, then yes, the fights are probably undertuned a bit (killing the final boss of a raid with heroic gear is not the way it should be)
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2010-10-22 at 02:05 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Normal mode bosses are tuned with heroic 5 man gear in mind. Otherwise, they'd drop higher level gear than 359. Almost every group killing these bosses has the minimum of that or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Normal mode bosses are tuned with heroic 5 man gear in mind. Otherwise, they'd drop higher level gear than 359. Almost every group killing these bosses has the minimum of that or higher.
    I guess you are right about that. It is the first raid so it is understandable that thse bosses go down with hreoic gears. Assuming the progression goes dungeon->heroic dungeon->1st tier normal raid->1st tier heroic raid

guys, out of the 1 million guilds who will do this, 1 guild kills it today so 1/10000000 means it's undertuned. Still love clicking your armories below in your signatures of all the posers in here crying it's not hard and not seeing heroic lich king dead yet.

This is rather off topic, but I've always been curious: What does the AoD stand for?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    He thought 10 man was easier because they all knew the fight after whiping on 25 man cho'gal for hours and they got him to 8%. So after that they switch to 10 man and one shot him.

Reading comprehension.
    I lol'd pretty hard when Solace got owned.

And yeah, learning the fight for hours and getting within 8% of a kill doesn't mean the fight is easy, it means you had a lot of practice and then finally beat it.

Common Sense is a Super Power.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!