Thread: Solar Beam.

Solar Beam.

I pvp most nights with my guild getting ready for the rated bgs in cata and such and one thing I've found that bugs me more then getting insta gibbed by mages or how unkillable a good resto druid is, is the seemingly invisible range of solar beam. I've raid the tooltip and it says it has a 5 yard range but Ive literally been out side of judging range (15 yrds for me) and still had the silence on me. I don't know if this in intended or if the range is bugged or if it's just atrocious server lag but it's starting to wear on my patients.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

They get extra range for waiting a turn to absorb sunlight...

You know the silencing solar beam appears on the target right? I.e. you.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFsteven View Post
    lol

@ OP: Its server lag. like technically being out of the fire but still taking one last tick.

Edit: Also, on a kinda related note, insta-entangling roots + solar beam is some of the most fun I've had in bgs in awhile. should see the warlocks rage ; )
    Last edited by taran111; 2010-10-22 at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Heroic modes =/= additional bosses. It's the same encounter, but cannot be steamrolled by an inbred Texan with same IQ as a roll of toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    And, more, I'm fairly certain there are several homosexual characters in the game - they don't need to have <Gay> under their name to make it so.
    I'm that guy who enjoys sitting their 6'5" frame in front of little kids in movie theaters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFsteven View Post
    I lol'd. I was really hoping that solar beams implementation would involve that.

BULBASAUR!

Sorry I had to.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

im tired
    and i dont pvp much
    but i do have a druid
    solar beam is an instant cast. it appears instantly over the targeted person. it cant be dispelled in any way. but it can be moved out of. my issue is this why are you complaining about an effect that all you have to do to remove is to run out of. what difference does it make what the radius of the silence effect is if you have 0 way to avoid it initially, and if you can just move away from it if you arent the target.
    Last edited by 312guiltyspark; 2010-10-22 at 02:28 AM. Reason: many spelling errors....its late

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a glyph that makes solar beam last five seconds longer.
    Last edited by Bear; 2010-10-22 at 03:22 AM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    im tired
    and i dont pvp much
    but i do have a druid
    solar beam is an instant cast. it appears instantly over the targeted person. it cant be dispelled in any way. but it can be moved out of. my issue is this why are you complaining about an effect that all you have to do to remove is to run out of. what difference does it make what the radius of the silence effect is if you have 0 way to avoid it initially, and if you can just move away from it if you arent the target.
    did u read his comment? he said he is confused about the range it has and the lag that comes with moving out of it, not that he had problems getting out of it to begin with.

if you see it move away - problem solved...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    I don't know if this in intended or if the range is bugged or if it's just atrocious server lag but it's starting to wear on my patients.
    How many patients do you have?
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    im tired
    and i dont pvp much
    but i do have a druid
    ??? Insta root+insta solar beam, problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    ??? Insta root+insta solar beam, problem?
    its 2 GCD and dosnt work, compentent ppl dont have 1-2 sec internal brain lag, so they are out before roots are applied.. works with noobies thou, they are like WTF im in some kind of sunlight, "mouse over tooltips and starts to read" and wham roots are on then and they are pwned..

seriously, its nothing special.. i have to spend 2 spells to stop a caster, 1 hammer of 5 sec stun (1GCD can do exatly the same) and yes moonkins have no stuns so its not overpowered..

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerjoe View Post
    its 2 GCD and dosnt work, compentent ppl dont have 1-2 sec internal brain lag, so they are out before roots are applied.. works with noobies thou, they are like WTF im in some kind of sunlight, "mouse over tooltips and starts to read" and wham roots are on then and they are pwned..
    How about you apply roots first, like he suggested instead of doing it the other way around?
    Sure it's easy to move out of the beam before getting rooted, but if you have no way of removing the roots fast enough you are stuck in the beam until they break.

Or if you really don't want to give someone a chance to have a gcd to remove the roots to get away, you can simply play without the glyph, so by the time your roots cast is done you can cast solar beam without delay, due to the finished gcd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    There's a glyph that makes solar beam last five seconds longer.
    That makes the AoE last longer, it doesn't make the silence last an extra 5 seconds after you leave it.

It's like flare/desecration/other AoE debuffs it's just much more game breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    The server updates your position only every few seconds when you are moving. So when you are out of the solar beam's range, stop for a 0,01second and you get the silence off you.

You can try this out if you have something which is instant cast and requires outdoors. (ie. travel form). Run outside from a building without stopping and see how far you can run before you can use the travel form. Then try again, once you are outdoors, stop for 0,01second and cast it.

The most use of solar beam i'v found so far is to slam it on top of you, sit on it and freecast when DKs and Enha shammies can't interrupt you ^_^

What I am sick of is Root and then insta solar beam. GG much?

10+ Year Old Account
    don't go towards the light...run away from the light then you wont die

compentent ppl dont have 1-2 sec internal brain lag
    Too bad you aren't one of those "compentent ppl" given your reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by SharQueDo View Post
    resto druid
    solar beam
    ^ winrar