Thread: Lich King 10/25

Lich King 10/25

Anyone else have a problem with trying to stun the valks?
    Myself, and the paladin dps cant stun the valk, because it says "a more powerful bla bla is on the target"
    and this is a faceroll of a fight, but we cant stun/slow the valks.

Try waiting til the stun already on them wears off. Chances are if they aren't moving, they're already stunned.
    Or get a raid with 20 warlocks, so you don't have to worry about the valks.

It didnt matter if it was a stun or a slow.
    a dk used chains of ice, and slowed it. and i still couldnt stun it with gouge or kshot.

Is it dying before it reaches the ledge? If so, it doesn't matter whether or not you can stun it. The stun is only to stop/slow the val'kyr from reaching the edge so you can kill it before it makes an aerial delivery of your comrade to the bottom of the citadel.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Is it dying before it reaches the ledge? If so, it doesn't matter whether or not you can stun it. The stun is only to stop/slow the val'kyr from reaching the edge so you can kill it before it makes an aerial delivery of your comrade to the bottom of the citadel.
    You completely miss the point, it doesn't matter if it dies or not. If it's slowed we should be able to stun it for future raids incoming. THis has been done prior to patch and maybe it's a bug he has noticed which should be brought to blizzard's attention.
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

Also, it may be slowed, and moving at 50% speed. but that doesnt mean much, when we dont get that 5sec stun, which = quite a bit of dps lost without the stun. So it's hard to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varian View Post
    You completely miss the point, it doesn't matter if it dies or not. If it's slowed we should be able to stun it for future raids incoming. THis has been done prior to patch and maybe it's a bug he has noticed which should be brought to blizzard's attention.
    No. I got the point. My point is that whether or not you can stun it is irrelevant if the goal of killing it is met without the stun. I actually have not attempted the lich king since the patch went live. My main is on aggramar which has had severe server stability issues for most of this patch so far (we have not been able to get past lady D without the raid leader calling the raid due to constant server crashes).