Deleted

Frost mage Pvp. Mastery, haste or crit?

I would like to know which stats is the best for pvp for 4.0.1. Haste mastery or crit, for example Hit til cap > Spell pen til 120 > xxx > xxx > xxx

If any good pvper would know please let me know here.

1st -> spell pen -> 130 is cap (75 is no longer a cap since now motw doesnt give 75 but 130)
    2nd -> hit -> 4% hit is needed 6% optimal vs racials
    3rd -> int -> u know why int=sp + mana + crit
    4th -> crit at 20% min -> why? shatter 2p its 3x ur crit 60% is a wealthy number after it crit is an added bonus
    5th -> haste / mastery -> both are now pretty similar but dont know rly the numbers couse u still need a fast cast from frostbolt to trigger fingers and shatter is still not buffed on live to do 20% more dmg to frozen targets(dunno if they removed it from beta) + ice lance is a nuker so more dmg via mastery hell ye!!

this is what i think is best atm but aint the top notch mage of DOOOOM!! or a theory crafter :P

Quote Originally Posted by RGeneral24 View Post
    1st -> spell pen -> 130 is cap (75 is no longer a cap since now motw doesnt give 75 but 130)
    2nd -> hit -> 4% hit is needed 6% optimal vs racials
    3rd -> int -> u know why int=sp + mana + crit
    4th -> crit at 20% min -> why? shatter 2p its 3x ur crit 60% is a wealthy number after it crit is an added bonus
    5th -> haste / mastery -> both are now pretty similar but dont know rly the numbers couse u still need a fast cast from frostbolt to trigger fingers and shatter is still not buffed on live to do 20% more dmg to frozen targets(dunno if they removed it from beta) + ice lance is a nuker so more dmg via mastery hell ye!!

this is what i think is best atm but aint the top notch mage of DOOOOM!! or a theory crafter :P
    I'd aim for 33% crit to guarantee crits under shatter.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

33% crit for sure. After that mastery is the best by far. I stacked full mastery and got it up to 54% extra damage on frozen targets. That's pretty freaking huge increase in burst. Haste is still good for getting off sheeps, (Now that its cast time is stupid long -_-) but for pure damage mastery is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakmax View Post
    33% crit for sure. After that mastery is the best by far. I stacked full mastery and got it up to 54% extra damage on frozen targets. That's pretty freaking huge increase in burst. Haste is still good for getting off sheeps, (Now that its cast time is stupid long -_-) but for pure damage mastery is awesome.
    This! I did crit up to 33.26% since after that I'd waste most of the crit on the next piece, then I reforged all of my haste to mastery. How on earth you got your mastery up to 54% without wearing almost entirely raid gear, I wish I knew. I'm running wrathfuls everywhere but boots/rings/belt/MHweapon and those are all 277 and the weapon is 271. I can only manage 41% with that setup. 54% sounds like some ridiculous damage output.

I'm sorry for bringing up rather old thread, but can someone please explain me why should I aim for guaranteed crits under shatter, and why I never aimed for that before 4.0.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    I'm sorry for bringing up rather old thread, but can someone please explain me why should I aim for guaranteed crits under shatter, and why I never aimed for that before 4.0.1 ?
    My guess would be: now that resilience doesn't affect crit chance, it's value has gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr View Post
    Because it wasn't possible. Shatter was giving 50% crit on frozen targets, so you would need 50% normal crit chance to get to that. After 4.0.1 Shatter multiplies you critical chance on frozen targets by x3. So if you have 15% crit => you have 45% on frozen targets.
    20% Crit => 60% on frozen.
    30% Crit => 90% on frozen.
    33.34% Crit => 100% on frozen.
    Of course achieving 33.4% crit self buffed will be impossible on lvl 85, or if it's possible at some point, it will be with some of the latest raid tiers.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-10-24 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Because it wasn't possible. Shatter was giving 50% crit on frozen targets, so you would need 50% normal crit chance to get to that. After 4.0.1 Shatter multiplies you critical chance on frozen targets by x3. So if you have 15% crit => you have 45% on frozen targets.
    20% Crit => 60% on frozen.
    30% Crit => 90% on frozen.
    33.34% Crit => 100% on frozen.
    Of course achieving 33.4% crit self buffed will be impossible on lvl 85, or if it's possible at some point, it will be with some of the latest raid tiers.
    on a premade in the beta im rocking 28% crit self buffed .... though only 4% haste and like 18 mastery but still amazing i reforged everyting to crit after i got hit capped

but istnt it good to have more haste for more fof procs, cause with out frostbolt u wont be doing much damage at all.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Quote Originally Posted by fhate View Post
    on a premade in the beta im rocking 28% crit self buffed .... though only 4% haste and like 18 mastery but still amazing i reforged everyting to crit after i got hit capped
    I guess that is with Molten Armor and the Molten Armor glyph, so you actually have 23% without it. You are losing too much of the other stats like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear View Post
    but istnt it good to have more haste for more fof procs, cause with out frostbolt u wont be doing much damage at all.
    It's a choice you need to make and nothing is really set in stone.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Well pve it may be the case but for pvp u have ur ice armor that procs FoF, not to mention CoC and Frost Nova. but beng hit my melee procs FoF alot in pvp.