Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vote To Kick in BG's

I don't know about you, but after 6 years of seeing people stand around the middle of the field in WSG contributing absolutely nothing to the match or someone on the Horde capping Snowfall, I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people having no consequences for making others experience worse because they feel like being cancer.

In a raid if someone is bringing everyone down you can kick them. In 5 mans if someone isn't pulling their weight, you can kick them. However in BGs, you have someone who is actually doing so poorly that it's helping the other team, there's nothing you can do about it. You can try to report them AFK, but that gets cleared as soon as they enter combat. Blizzard simply must implement a vote to kick feature for BGs. Sure Rated Bgs are coming soon, but people will still pug. You might say, "Oh but it will just get abused by the trolls and jerks or elitists!" That happens in every form of group play but why would anyone with a single brain cell want to gimp their group?

Not to mention, that loud mouth Ret Paladin (insert any overplayed dps) yelling at people for not healing him as he tries to solo the stables? Yeah kick him too.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Yeeh... dude like honestly put this on blizzard's forums ;p
    Taking limited PM's

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    "Oh but it will just get abused by the trolls and jerks or elitists!" That happens in every form of group play but why would anyone with a single brain cell want to gimp their group?
    While I agree with the fact that there should be something you can do about that, kick voting is not the way to do it.
    There will be elitist dicks running around (like you said yourself) who will go with a team of 4-5, just kicking the low geared people just because they can, and with the short queue time on most battlegroups, filling that person's spot won't be hard.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    While I agree with the fact that there should be something you can do about that, kick voting is not the way to do it.
    There will be elitist dicks running around (like you said yourself) who will go with a team of 4-5, just kicking the low geared people just because they can, and with the short queue time on most battlegroups, filling that person's spot won't be hard.
    You know that there's a limit to how many times you can initiate a vote to kick right? The more you do it the longer your cooldown becomes.
    Priest Warrior

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You know that there's a limit to how many times you can initiate a vote to kick right? The more you do it the longer your cooldown becomes.
    It only takes one to initiate the kick and the rest will just click yes without even knowing what they're clicking yes for.

I think it would be abused too much.

Deleted
    Well, I don't think that is going to happen.
    Reason: it'll be too hard to make everything work. If you need a vote from all battlegroup players then I'm absolutly not thrilled to see 20 'kick player whatshisname' pop-up windows. In 40-man BG's it's even impossible to know if the vote is real, or just a not-funny joke. I'm not constantly going to click yes until I know it's real. And I am not going to spend my time figuring it all out.

Also, few players got kicked for being a jerk, you're short on people, you lose anyway. Or when new people join they might suck as well. AND they might be new people: they should deserve a chance to learn everything as well, otherwise they will be non-stop kicked anyway.

Another point, I'm not fond of seeing a chat spam with "kick (player name), he's a tard!!!! KICK HIM!!!! ALL CLICK YES!!!" all the time and eventually the spammer gets kicked and the AFK'er stays.

Also, should there be a limit of kicks possible per BG then? No doubt those that try and ruin the battleground are going try and kick a few players first for a made up reason. Then they do what they want because you can't kick them ...

There are plenty of more things I could insert here as well. It simply woulnd't work. Sure, it might be a very good option in rare cases, but that's not worth it imo. It takes so much time to try and kick someone by re-kicking every time it failed, and when you finally succeeded a window pops up "you've lost the BG".

So to make a final conclusion: good idea for the reason to do good, but it simply wouldn't work. The system can and WILL get abused, people will still cry and it's a waste of BG time.

you have the option to queue with teammates you select

do it or live with your actions

Of course some people will try to abuse it, but in the end, those that abuse will lose the most. Cause I know personally, I won't kick someone without verifying the reason and if someone tries to abuse it the vote kick, I'm more willing to kick them instead. In the end, there'll be no more abuse than the random dungeon kicking.
    Priest Warrior

^ I agree with the guy that said it will get abused too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    I tap snowfall.

I would definitly like something like this!

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    do premades, less suck from teammates if you play with guildies who know what theyre doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes please!

In Cataclysm this should become somewhat irrelevant, no? There's some level of griefing possible with a vote to kick in BG. BG players are usually dicks. As proven by their complete ignorance of the objective. Which one of those 10-40 idiots should be allowed to kick another? That's the real issue of such a implementation. Raid leader you say? Do you even know how raid leaders are selected in PuG's (does anyone)? ^^

Solution: Be social and find fellow realm players/guildies to play with really. And try to win. Also: avoid elitist rambling in the BG chat and things go better. It worked for me the last 3+ years.

If you want a vote to kick, you need to implement it right, ideas on how to select a worthy Raid Leader randomly in PuG's would probably have made it possible, but I don't think most players think that far.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    Hmm.. the only way I could see this work would be if it had a consequence for the team as well. That player you kicked won't get replaced at all or there will be a 10 minute timer before that 'spot' is open again.

Why? Prevents the most obvious abuse. And yeah, you find all the jerks in pvp. Really, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    QFE.

Form a pre-made, faster queues and better teamwork/co-ordination.

The only ppl i'd kick in BGs are the one spamming buffs or skills for 1 minute before the game actually starts. Yes , rogues have FoK ... i heard it the first 64 times. I hate those ppl.

Rated BGs will fix it.