Poisons for Combat

What I would like to ask,does anyone know what poisons should combat be using on main hand? The new spreadsheet sais with my current stats I should be using wound poison,but I'm getting contradicting numbers on dps tests on the dummies (self buffed only tho) as instant still seems to do more damage. Also,what should combat use on ranged weapons? Wound with higher proc rate? but lower damage or just go for the higher damage with instant?

Depends on how often you are applying deadly poison and how long the fight is. If you are talking about a significant amount of time on the same target with a lot of haste (and/or a 1.4 speed OH dagger), then instant may come out ahead.

Combat has a MUCH slower poison damage ramp time than it used to due to the fact that improved poisons have been removed from the talent trees and are now an assassination passive.

Yeah I noticed the way way slower application time and as Im unlucky with lungbreaker drops I'll go with wound for now. And how about thrown weapon poisons?(For mostly trash pack aoe's)

i use instant mh deadly oh an deadly on thrown for fok

Deleted
    Wound for mh, deadly for oh. Like the time when we didn't have poisons talents. Instant for thrown i believe is better.

maybe I'm being thrown off, but the tooltips for instant and wound now tell me nothing of one proccing more than the other. I thought it safe to assume they have the same proc rate now and instant would be best for flat dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.