Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tanks, Feral Cats and Enhance Shamuns have never had a legendary weapon... so yeh... imo they should just add super hard and long quest chain that at the end rewards a weapon thats class speccific (you just chose what specc) i mean its kinda unfair to see other classes getting legendaries and knowing that you will never be able to get one.. till future expansions or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Tanks, Feral Cats and Enhance Shamuns have never had a legendary weapon... so yeh... imo they should just add super hard and long quest chain that at the end rewards a weapon thats class speccific (you just chose what specc) i mean its kinda unfair to see other classes getting legendaries and knowing that you will never be able to get one.. till future expansions or something
    I may be wrong, but I believe that cats could use Sulfuras, and that Thunderfury was much better for tanking than it was for dpsing. As for enhance shammies, yeah, they've gotten the short end of the stick. But you have to remember that's only one spec for shammies. Assassination Rogues haven't gotten anything either, and neither have frost dks.

to you people crying about shaman not getting a legendary id like to remind you of Unbreakable. Just do a google search for Unbreakable pvp.

enhancement certainly did have access to a legendary. Ah, the glory days of windfury weapon.
    Last edited by fews; 2010-10-23 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    The legendary caster weapon has been confirmed to be the Scythe of Elune
    This is how rumors that require backlogs of forum stomping to stamp out get started.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-10-23 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    to you people crying about shaman not getting a legendary id like to remind you of Unbreakable. Just do a google search for Unbreakable pvp.

enhancement certainly did have access to a legendary. Ah, the glory days of windfury weapon.
    Hey, I just want some legendary dual-fisting

Quote Originally Posted by collinollin View Post
    Tanks are the only spec to never get a legendary just for them.

Caster dps had one, even if it was removed.
    But casters get the first legendary of cata, so that problem's fixed.

Thunderfury was used by tanks, and at its time it was great for tanks... But was not a tank weapon. Rogues do not attempt to get tank weapons.

I want a real tank legendary, with stamina, defence rating, and a nice tank proc!
    Would probably have to be weapon + shield, or 2h weapon choice.
    But there has to be a legendary shield to go with our 1h weapons... they need to match!

Then if there's a 3rd weapon this expansion, it would probably be another melee dps weapon (when have we not had one of those stupid things?... maybe it would have an option for a bow or gun instead... legendary crossbow?)

But Tank Legendary Is Needed Next!@
    This is so much rubbish it hurts.

Your point is stupid: rogues never got thunderfury at level 60, sure they could have it, but that they never did.
    You could also say that healers need an other legendary weapon because shadows priest, balance druids (...) could all get aswell the Ulduar legendary aswell as the healers.
    Thunderfury was a tanking legendary, and probably the best of them all. It was SO powerful back then that tanks still used it at level 70.

So please, stop about it not being a tanking weapon just because it doesn't have any def on it (no objects had def back then, and no object will have def as it has been removed)

Back I do agree that tanks will need a legendary soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryet View Post
    Not being funny, but there's not been one legendary that Enh shaman could use.

"It's time for _another_ caster legendary" pfft.

Hand of Ragnaros was used by Enhance Shaman in Classic

Quote Originally Posted by implicationmmo View Post
    This is so much rubbish it hurts.

Your point is stupid: rogues never got thunderfury at level 60, sure they could have it, but that they never did.
    You could also say that healers need an other legendary weapon because shadows priest, balance druids (...) could all get aswell the Ulduar legendary aswell as the healers.
    Thunderfury was a tanking legendary, and probably the best of them all. It was SO powerful back then that tanks still used it at level 70.

So please, stop about it not being a tanking weapon just because it doesn't have any def on it (no objects had def back then, and no object will have def as it has been removed)

Back I do agree that tanks will need a legendary soon
    Don't say that rogues never got thunderfury... my guilds first thunderfury went to a rogue, second to the tank, and third back to a rogue.
    The only difference between thunderfury and val is that thunderfury's proc generated nice rage. val's proc does nothing for a dps, so it's better for them to get a weapon with real caster dps stats.

It's time for a new staff... I'm looking forward to seeing how they roll out the caster legendary (Scythe supposedly?).

It's about time... and, yay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabelas View Post
    The very first legendary coming in Cata is going to be for casters.
    Unless Alex and Metzen wasn't fooling around, it's going to be another staff.

I think they should make a caster weapon all can use (aka dagger or staff) and the Legendary after it make it like the hilt quest, You collect the same parts and everything but at the end you choose if you want a 2x sword, 1h sword , dagger (caster / melee), polearm bla bla you get the idea. So its more fair based out. Ofc it might be abit.. odd doing that but there wont be as much argueing. We all know melee got the sweeter end of the legendary deal seeing as 90% of them went to melee (not many count Atish as it wasnt out long)

Quote Originally Posted by Futtiwar View Post
    The First Legendary will be a caster dps staff, Metzen says at blizzcon Cata Q/A
    Beat me to it.

he said it would be a big stick as a joke. it is a fact that it will be a caster legenday but not that it's a staff

why staff sheesh. "More accesible"? Does that mean there will be caster and agi versions or what? because everyone who can use staffs, can use daggers too, and eleshaman will most likely be excluded most of the time from being able to get it...

Man I was hoping for a legebdary caster blade QQ now mages and locks have to compete against every freakin oomkin and ele sham. Oh well at least it wont be like caster dps swords going to Holy pallys in Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Ryet View Post
    Not being funny, but there's not been one legendary that Enh shaman could use. I'm not saying there should be ONE just for Enh shammies but just at LEAST one. A very slow 1h axe (or pair) would be pretty cool and relatively universal. For all of you who QQ about not having had a recent legendary for your role, think of the poor enh. Either let shammies use swords (really silly that they can't) or work something out.

"It's time for _another_ caster legendary" pfft.
    Hand of Rag was probably the most memorable legendary of all time in the hands of an enhancement shaman. If you didn't play back then, sorry, but you have had a legendary. A damn good one at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

It's a 1 handed staff.
    First of its kind in wow.

Any class that can use a staff can also use a 1 handed staff, as well as an offhand item (shield for shamans).

Deleted
    deathwings chin?

Quote Originally Posted by Futtiwar View Post
    The First Legendary will be a caster dps staff, Metzen says at blizzcon Cata Q/A
    You people really don't know how to take a joke or interpret sarcasm do you? They've said over and over at Blizzcon that they have NOT done any work on a Cata legendary. What Metzen said was a joke and a smartass response to smartass person asking a question with no respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You people really don't know how to take a joke or interpret sarcasm do you? They've said over and over at Blizzcon that they have NOT done any work on a Cata legendary. What Metzen said was a joke and a smartass response to smartass person asking a question with no respect.
    Perhaps you should read the front page? They confirmed it will be a staff today.