Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Baine Bloodhoof *Spoilers*

**********Story Spoilers***************
    For those of you who have not finished reading The Shattering, or plan to read it please hit the back button and leave immediately!

Ok, so for those of you still here, hello!
    I just finished reading The Shattering, which as many others have already said is a pretty entertaining read. I will not bore you with a review, so I will just get right to it. Chapter 27 around page 268-270ish Anduin and Baine are having a discussion about Baine's plans to retake Thunder Bluff from Magatha. Baine is having trouble with the whole thing and needs guidance, and Anduin essentially gives the tauren some moral support. Not only that, but Anduin give Baine a 700 year old hammer that Magni had given him earlier in the story before he passes. Anyway Anduin gives this hammer called Fearbreaker to Baine as a show of confidence and friendship. We find out earlier that Anduin has the makings of a servant of the Light, more so a priest than a paladin, and the weapon Magni gave him sometimes benefits those qualities.

The hammer responded to Baine just as it had Anduin with the power of the light. Now after Baine receives the hammer he states, "Light. My people do not think the darkness is evil Anduin. It is a naturally occurring thing, and therefore right. But we, too, have our own Light. We honor the eyes of the Earth Mother, the sun, and the moon An'she and Mu'sha. Neither is better than the other, and together they see with balanced vision. I feel in this weapon a kinship to them, even though it comes from a culture very different from my own."

Now from his statement that sounds like one of two things to me anyway. Paladin type talk, or priest type talk. I am more inclined to think Paladin since Taurens are recieving that class in Cataclysm, and so going off of that idea are we seeing Baine become of the first Sunwalker Paldins for the Tauren?
    Last edited by Supersomething; 2010-10-24 at 11:59 PM.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

Aponi Brightmane is the "first Sunwalker".

10+ Year Old Account
    From the dialogue it's pretty clear that the Sunwalkers were already formed by the time Baine received the hammer.

If it responded to him, though, he very well might be a potential paladin or priest (tauren are getting both classes).

I didn't think that Alliance royalty and Tauren chieftains hung out all that much.. cata'z weerd
    Troll McCarthyism is sad

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    From the dialogue it's pretty clear that the Sunwalkers were already formed by the time Baine received the hammer.

If it responded to him, though, he very well might be a potential paladin or priest (tauren are getting both classes).
    Ah didn't realize they were also getting priests. Well later in the book he does go after Magatha in a sort of righteous way which still makes me believe he is leaning more toward the Paladin side, which by the way is absolutely epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    A hammer would indicate a Paladin, and being it's from a Dwarf originally, this is backed up further. I realise Dwarves have Priests as well, but you don't really see priests carrying around hammer, especially not 700 year old ones that might very well be legendary relics (and by that, i don't mean orange librams ).
    Well, Anduin is a priest and he had the hammer, so I included both. :B

Quote Originally Posted by bobbert116 View Post
    I didn't think that Alliance royalty and Tauren chieftains hung out all that much.. cata'z weerd
    They don't Baine went to Theramore because the Grimtotem took over Thunder Bluff after Cairne's death. meanwhile Anduin used the Hearthstone to escape the lockdown in Ironforge and happened to be interrupting the meeting of Baine and Jaina.

He also owes jaina alot of gold now.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'm surprised about Anduin being a priest though. He seems to be more of a non-class neutral, something like a commander who doesn't actually show his ability and skill until he's challenged directly and forced to fight.
    I always figured Anduin would be a caster, but i assumed Mage rather than priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    I always figured Anduin would be a caster, but i assumed Mage rather than priest.
    I was secretly wishing that he would follow in the steps of Bolvar and become a kick ass paladin, but hes too interested in helping the injured and all that stuff rather then being the one causing the injuries lol.

I guess Anduin won't be as badass as daddy or have a chin? But its always interesting to see how a son won't be like his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

I think Baine being a Pally would be bad ass

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a minute....WAIT A MINUTE! How do Anduin know how to speak Orcish/Tuarahe?!?!
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    Wait a minute....WAIT A MINUTE! How do Anduin know how to speak Orcish/Tuarahe?!?!
    In lore pretty much everyone important speaks Common.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    In lore pretty much everyone important speaks Common.
    Even the elves who never knew the language could speak with the orcs and humans! PRO LANGUAGE BARRIERS

The language barrier in WoW is only for game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    He also owes jaina alot of gold now.
    She's his pimp, right?
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid..."
    -A. Einstein.

I think I'm liking Bairne and Anduin more and more now.

In revisiting "The Shattering" I think I've discovered something remarkable about Baine Bloodhoof!

On Page 289 of the Hardcover, Baine thinks to himself in regard to his decision about banishing Magatha Grimtotem, "My words were not idle, Magatha Grimtotem. If I see you again, even though An'she guides me, I will not stay my hand."

Now, An'she is the sun in Tauren religion. And Mu'sha is the moon. Usually, in exclaiming such an oath, Cairne, a "warrior" ingame, would use the Earth Mother. But, Cairne uses the sun, which is primarily called upon by the Tauren "paladins." (Tauren "Druids" say "Mu'sha guides me.) Based on this fact, I'm inferring that Baine Bloodhoof is a Paladin.

Thoughts?
    It's not infectious, but it is technopathological.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunyaa View Post
    The language barrier in WoW is only for game mechanics.
    And to refer to in a comical manner in the occasional quest.