15+ Year Old Account

Locks at 85 compared to other pure dps.

how are we compared to other pure dps classes at 85? i know as i now we are a little op but in top with mages atm (rogues and hunters are to low)
    a guildie told me that locks become shit and hunters become amazing at 85.
    is this true? will we not scale as well as other the other dps classe?

go check a beta raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pieki View Post
    go check a beta raid.
    link?

nvm xfire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pieki View Post
    go check a beta raid.
    How helpful.

I heard Locks are doing well fine at 85, but don't be too scared, if any class is OP or UP at 85 it will be fixed.

destruction is looking good at 85. perhaps, a little too good. bane of havoc is too strong in scenarios where there are adds. some locks are fearful we get balanced around that so when there's a tank and spank fight, we might falter. but currently, destruction is good.

I know in the case of fire mages we're balanced around not having our pyromaniac buff(10% haste if we have dots on 3 or more targets) so on fights that we do get it we do straight up retarded amounts of dps. I seriously doubt they would balance us around not having and you guys around having it. I realize its not the same thing but I think its a good enough comparison seeing as both pretty much give insane amounts of DPS if we can keep them up.

At 85 everything but afflicton is on par with all the other pures. Afflicton is still a bit better then combat rogues but falls behind hunters, mut rogue, and unholy dk. Overall though the 3 specs are fairly balanced(around each other) with afflicton only really being good in fights with more then 3 adds to spam corruption on.
    "¿ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"

Saw from paragon 25 man Cho'gall fight , 3 locks(1destro-1aff-1demo) still in top 10, behind only 2 ret pally and a dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    *crossing fingers affliction will improve*
    Affliction is so much fun to play, I sure hope it will get bumped up for dmg.

Deleted
    You'll find out when you're there. This week a patch is going to be deployed. 4.0.3 is going to be deployed. Cata will be deployed. Things will change anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    destruction is looking good at 85. perhaps, a little too good. bane of havoc is too strong in scenarios where there are adds. some locks are fearful we get balanced around that so when there's a tank and spank fight, we might falter. but currently, destruction is good.
    Actually, destro is doing very well on single target fights. Affliction is kicking ass on fights with adds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Actually, destro is doing very well on single target fights. Affliction is kicking ass on fights with adds.
    This. Affliction has always kicked ass on bosses with adds involved (which live more than just a couple seconds), and BoH won't outperfom that.

i think more so add fights with soul-burn seed.. its just OP. screams hit me when there more than say 2 adds. because you get the shard back.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarokex View Post
    i think more so add fights with soul-burn seed.. its just OP. screams hit me when there more than say 2 adds. because you get the shard
    back.
    Are two kinda of trash on bosses. Meaningless ones that have low hp or higher hp adds.
    Low hp = die so fast the Cor-Soc wont even tick much.
    High hp = are usualy just one, maybe up to tree. In the latter they usually got some kind of feature that makes it important to tank them apart. In those scenarios the Cor-Soc wont hit many targets anyway.

There are simply extremly few times it will be useful (during a bossfight and who care about trash dps), basicly only on a fight like LK where they spirits do indeed have low hp but got a feature so they need to die fast.

Without a cd on Sould Burn, sure then it would be dangerously op under many more circumstances but since it doesn't I dont see any problem with it.
    I personally hate Cor-Soc cos it's the main reason affliction pvp is fucked up and unplayable.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-10-26 at 09:45 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.