Poll: vote

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Although I agree that skill is more important than class that just doesn't always work. Although a complete nub caster may not take out a skilled melee, casters are still op. If you can kite a melee from 40 yards away and use 1-3 casted attacks and kill him, theres something wrong there. I may not be the best player out there but I have a decent understanding of what to do as a ret pally. Without blowing AW and just spamming hammers on everyone I cannot take a caster from 40 yards away. If I have freedom down and trinket down its game over. One deep freeze and gone even in full wrathful. One batch of dots on me gone. Once I get immolate on me and noone clears it, GG nice try ret pally. One flame shock also

This is not QQ I know that it does take skill but casters are OP and anyone who tries to deny it is obviously blind. If the melee character uses his gap closer, the caster will slow you, run away and nuke you from 40 yards away. I'm not saying that casters are invincible but I am clearly stating that yes casters have a bigger advantage, at least at level 80 and this should change by 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    I just want to see if anyone agrees with me, most clothies of every spec I see and talk to online they always say there not OP and there very tough specs to play and apparently if I disagree with them they say L2P, noob, ur bad and all of that kinda stuff...

Does anyone else agree?
    Sounds like the famous arguement....

Dear Blizzard,
    Rock is raping BG's. Paper appears balanced right now. Please nerf rock.

Signed,

Scissors

Deep freeze, ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance.
    "STFU L2P UR CLASS MAGES ARENT OP WTF U TALKING ABOUT U JST SUCK"
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

Quote Originally Posted by secret View Post
    they are, I can kill ppl with my rogue without letting them to even move abit and they are good geared.
    Bullshit. Wear resilience and nothing dies quickly anymore
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted
    Ofc it takes skill to master even these "op" classes. Tho there's classes, which does not take that much skill to master. For example I've always been enha on my shaman and tried ele on my mates ele and after an hour I was facerolling pretty much everyone who wasn't wrathful geared and myself having under 500 resilience.

Btw. nerf mages!

Quote Originally Posted by Kotletti View Post
    Ofc it takes skill to master even these "op" classes. Tho there's classes, which does not take that much skill to master. For example I've always been enha on my shaman and tried ele on my mates ele and after an hour I was facerolling pretty much everyone who wasn't wrathful geared and myself having under 500 resilience.

Btw. nerf mages!
    Wrong.
    Let me guess, you were an Ele Shaman, in a BG, spamming lightning from 30 yds away while they ignored you?
    That is hardly mastering a class.

Mastering a class isn't about killing someone in 5 seconds while they totally ignore you. Anyone can do that. Mastering a class is about using every available tool you have to win against an opponent who is better.

You go win a 1v2 or 1v3 fight against some serious arena players, then come back and tell people you've mastered your class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    Deep freeze, ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance.
    "STFU L2P UR CLASS MAGES ARENT OP WTF U TALKING ABOUT U JST SUCK"

This right here.....right now BGs are WORLD OF CASTER-CRAFT. If you dont think so, then you play a caster class and you dont want to admit it. I mean instant deep freeze and then (15k)x3 ice lances...on a 1200k resil target is OP...NOT out played just OP /end rant
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Skill takes more skill. Class is irrelevant.
    And apples are either red or green.

I just made a post that has to do with the quoted text just as much as your post did.

My DK Blood tank (about 4300 gs) had fun taking out Azuregos after patch. Took two encounters. The first encounter showed I needed to move some actions around, so I retreated using Shadowmeld.

The second encounter went much better, but I had to use all of my abilities to remain alive. One of the best used items (had not used it as such before) was to raise my ghoul whenever it was off cooldown to allow me to sacrifice to gain health at times when the other healing abilities were still on cooldown. Took me a good 30-40 minutes to bring down that boss. It was all done to get the the Mature Blue Sinew for my Hunter to complete the quiver quest.

I wish I would have taken the time to try and solo Azuregos before the patch for comparison.

Just a fun tidbit story there.

As for my lvl 46 Shaman (enhanced), I had a similar experience while trying to get to Light Hopes Chapel for the Tricks or Treats. I was attacked by a mob that showed as ??, so 9 or more levels above. Thinking running was not going to help much, I decided to see if I could do any damage. To my surprise, I was able to heal through the attacks. Maybe 5% of my hits landed, the rest were misses. When the mob was down to about 80 health, a second mob joined in (lvl 54). I got the ?? to fall and ran. My totem was unable to get him off me so I returned to the totems and picked up the fight. I was able to heal through with much of a problem on this one too.

Pre-patch, my Warlock (affliction) had once been able to take out a mob 5 levels higher, but just barely.

To be able to solo what I would consider an "elite boss" (9-10 levels higher) on my Shaman, leaves no doubt in my mind that he is OP, at least at his current level.

Quote Originally Posted by Luupin View Post
    My DK Blood tank (about 4300 gs) had fun taking out Azuregos after patch. Took two encounters. The first encounter showed I needed to move some actions around, so I retreated using Shadowmeld.

The second encounter went much better, but I had to use all of my abilities to remain alive. One of the best used items (had not used it as such before) was to raise my ghoul whenever it was off cooldown to allow me to sacrifice to gain health at times when the other healing abilities were still on cooldown. Took me a good 30-40 minutes to bring down that boss. It was all done to get the the Mature Blue Sinew for my Hunter to complete the quiver quest.

I wish I would have taken the time to try and solo Azuregos before the patch for comparison.

Just a fun tidbit story there.

As for my lvl 46 Shaman (enhanced), I had a similar experience while trying to get to Light Hopes Chapel for the Tricks or Treats. I was attacked by a mob that showed as ??, so 9 or more levels above. Thinking running was not going to help much, I decided to see if I could do any damage. To my surprise, I was able to heal through the attacks. Maybe 5% of my hits landed, the rest were misses. When the mob was down to about 80 health, a second mob joined in (lvl 54). I got the ?? to fall and ran. My totem was unable to get him off me so I returned to the totems and picked up the fight. I was able to heal through with much of a problem on this one too.

Pre-patch, my Warlock (affliction) had once been able to take out a mob 5 levels higher, but just barely.

To be able to solo what I would consider an "elite boss" (9-10 levels higher) on my Shaman, leaves no doubt in my mind that he is OP, at least at his current level.
    What...?
    War is peace Freedom is slavery Ignorance is strength

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends...
    As a Warlock, I always felt I was a bit on the downside in PvP. Could also be cause everybody seemed to be interested in killing the Warlocks first, but meh.
    In PvE, I was ridiculously OP. Being above the second dps by 3k DPS without (at least, in my opinion) a real feeling of having skill.
    Dawwwwwww

A free casting Caster will destroy a melee target much like a melee will destroy a stunned/silenced caster target. The key is to avoid the situation and learn how to counter the other classes strongpoints. Any class CAN beat any other class if the player is skilled enough.

Deleted
    Why do clothies think there not OP?
    Like I've said to a few ex partners, your question answers itself.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    wouldnt know. i usually destroy clothies on my DK, and get my ass handed to me on my warrior.

People will never admit to something that helps them overpower something. Clothies atm are very strong, but I believe it's because they're scaled to 85. I have plenty of people on my realm who agree, it's just those tards who take it seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    I just want to see if anyone agrees with me, most clothies of every spec I see and talk to online they always say there not OP and there very tough specs to play and apparently if I disagree with them they say L2P, noob, ur bad and all of that kinda stuff...

Does anyone else agree?
    They're very afraid of the nerf bat incoming. A couple of things though. Blizzard is being very careful at balancing numbers at 80, and they're favoring keeping them closer to where they should be at 85. Keep that in mind. Also, our gear isn't scaled to the damage they're throwing out. Lastly, We have until Dec 7 + how ever long it takes for a descent amount of people to hit 85 and see where the numbers really are at. The patch after the release is the one where you'll see a lot of tweaking.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Skill takes more skill. Class is irrelevant.
    What game do you play? Cause i would love to play a game where skill trumps everything else.

Deleted
    Prot warr here.

Locks, boomkins and elem shamans are so weak against me, it's not even funny. I can lock them down completely with stuns and silences. They don't cast shit.

Spriests can go 50-50, depending how fast I am to get on their ass.

Mages...if it's a frost, I might as well bend over cause there's no way in hell I'm gona beat the 3 button wonder. If I don't see the ice barrier , I'll chase him to hell and back.

Ehancement shamans seem to be one tough cookie. I mean wtf, it's like I'm fighting a tank dk in tank presence. Ofcourse their damage suck but often I actually get beaten because he grinds me with his silly damage and wolves, and heals himself while I have limited healing.

Deleted
    Oh please let them believe they blow up people in 3 casts because of skill. I did a few bgs with my mage earlier on and the damage is so obscene it isn't even fun :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    Rogue OP? I'd like to someday visit whatever planet you are living on
    This and I play a priest...