Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    Another hint:
    although you are not essentially wasting Holy Power but shocking your beaconed target is somewhat of a HP loss. Instead shock another target that needs (even only slight) healing. You get 1 HP by shocking. If the tank still needs a heal you can now heal him directly with a cast and get another HP.

If you did it the other way 'round
    shock the beacon = 1 HP. Cast-healing a non-beaconed target = 0 HP
    you will only get 1 HP this way.
    yeah i do this a lot. What i also do is weave my no cooldown HS with DL or HL or both depending on procs (both if i get a crit on the HS, you get the idea).Casting two HS in a row is a waste of procs, also A HS followed by a 1.6 sec DL then an almost instant HL is a lot of burst healing and usually tops off even badly spiked tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastMaster View Post
    One last thing: is anyone aware of some kind of macro i can use to switch focus when the tank switches targets? would help a lot in 2 healer 10 mans. (or is something like that even possible?)
    I have heard of a lot of different ways of doing that. I am not sure if you are talking about switching focus to the tank's target for judgement, or for when tanks swap agro and to have focus switch from old tank to new tank.

For the first, it would be something like...
    #showtooltip Judgement
    /cast [target=targettarget,exists] [] Judgement

That wouldn't switch your focus, but should be able to be reworked to possibly..
    #showtooltip Judgement
    /cast [target=focustarget,exists] [] Judgement
    That way if you have the tank as your focus, it will cast Judgement on his target.

If you were talking about switching focus between tanks, ui mods have a pretty easy time of doing it, but if you insist on macros..

/focus [target=mouseover]

That would work if you mouseover the new tank's unit frame first.
    Another less adaptable way to do it is just have two seperate /focus "" macros and change the names for each tank before each raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofasa View Post
    Download Healbot, if you don't have it already. It is an addon that lets you key your mouse buttons to your heals, and you just click on a person's name to heal him/her. It makes the job for first time healers much easier and more fun.
    I know everyone has preference, but here is why healbot blows goats for busfare and walks home anyhow: it's ONLY good for heals. Can you configure healbot for your other toons? so that you can say...shift-click on your target to have yout warrior charge ect? huh? can you? does it handle actions for the same keybinds/clicks that work for hostile/friendly/and out of combat?
    I have used both, but decided ultimately to use grid with clique for that simple fact. Works great for a palli who can set up shift click on friendlies to heal and same key/click on boss to judge. Pretty efficient.

OT also...if you need that macro b/c you are manually targeting your tanks to heal them..( I can;t imagine this though given your understanding of specs and item lvls ect)..hmmm grid and clique or healbot or gtfo It's the healer equivilant of being a clicker dps to manually target ppl. If that was the problem you can double or triple your heals just by useing those addons.
    Last edited by wylatron; 2010-10-28 at 02:42 PM. Reason: addition

10+ Year Old Account
    TWO WORDS: HEAL BOT nuff said

---------- Post added 2010-10-28 at 09:40 AM ----------

Oh, ya and since your a holy pally watch that video of Paragon vs. 25 Cho'gall some addons are listed in the description in there too and you can see what spells he/she uses
    Why can't blizzard just give everyone BETA and call it PTR?

Heal bot is too big, and if you don't have a good computer, it slows you down... A LOT. Mouseover macros are the way to go. Make sure to keep a neat and tidy UI... Not too many embellishments.

Most of the stuff I wanted to say has already been said, in great detail.

But honestly, Mouseovers are amazing.

/cast [target=mouseover] Flash of Light

NOTE: Make sure you type the spell name exactly as it appears in the spell book.

Also, your grid will allow you to track your Beacon.... But now with a 5-minute beacon, that's not going to be too much of an issue.

I've found that I press buttons faster than I click... Plus, it's easy to misclick, or click out of something.

Anyway, good luck with Holy paladin-ing! (We're still the best healing class out there! ^_~)

I don't remember where but someone mentioned a healing rotation of HS -> HL -> DL but you can actually get a little more HPS out of HS -> DL -> HL. The reason for this is divine light benefits more from the spell haste granted by speed of light. Also, if your holy shock crits, it will still reduce that holy light to a 1 second cast, so it won't need any spell haste to it.

If you're confident with your mana pool, an even bigger HPS rotation is HS -> DL -> FoL.

During burst damage (as long as it's not sustained) the highest HPS rotation is FoL spam. Can't do that for very long, though!

Deleted
    For some odd reason i'd rather not use mouseovers, simply because clicking helps me keep the pace and acts like a kind of confirmation like "you will now heal the right guy". It's really awkward with mouseovers, i feel that i'd be just as fast as clicking on the target since you already have your mouse over it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, i have been healing for 4 years, almost a year as a holy pala and the rest as a holy or disc priest, raiding since the first day till like 1 month ago when i decided to take a break of raids.

My impresions and possible advices are easy:

1- Addons, only and ONLY pick one for your raid frames, i personaly recomend you to use grid, wich will take you like lets say 20 minutes to learn how to fully use and configurate. It gives you all the information you could use in a regular raid.
    And as you are a holadin maeby decurse if you are a lazy dispeller, i personaly dislike it, is useless.

2- Pay attention and check your numbers, but not to see if you top pixels.. just to see your overhealing, specially when cataclysm is about to come, you'll need to get used to the mp5 a bit more as it was before wrath, but i doubt people wil lrun oom in live.

To suck or not to suck, the fast reactions to dont lose your heals against faster healers and so on.... all of this will come with the time as it's mostly experience. After some riads you will automatically do it in less than a second, so for now focus in a simple interface wich let you see the tanks and ofc the rest of the raid. Check out some forums for possible typs, you might learn something new!

And ofc enjoy healing, otherwise you wont improve, just relax all had to learn onces!

I would encourage you to be adaptable; the ability to respond swiftly and accurately to new or unexpected situations is key to good healing. Adaptation will also be necessary in Cataclysm, as healing in general will change once again (mana will become an issue, higher health pools, new encounters, etc.) except for Beta participants.

I would also encourage you to not give up on healing unless you come to find that you really dislike it. It can be incredibly stressful, frustrating, and requires a lot of focus and awareness, but it can be the most rewarding role in any facet of the game. Precisely why I've done it for the past four years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlastMaster View Post
    For some odd reason i'd rather not use mouseovers, simply because clicking helps me keep the pace and acts like a kind of confirmation like "you will now heal the right guy". It's really awkward with mouseovers, i feel that i'd be just as fast as clicking on the target since you already have your mouse over it.
    That's absolutely up to you. One difference though is: you can keep your current target - be it maintank or boss - selected. This means having an enemy castbar visible, knowing healthpercentages, judgment at the right mob, stun/castinterrupting possibilities, healing and dpsing without targetswitch etc.

Give it a shot!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][target=player] Flash of Light
    This will heal your mouseovered target and in addition it will heal you if your target isn't friendly or out of range instead of just giving a "Target is out of range" or "Target is not friendly" message. Beware of using this codesnippet (the "[target=player]" part I mean) in conjunction with holy shock though. You will never be able to use it as a damaging spell that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    That's absolutely up to you. One difference though is: you can keep your current target - be it maintank or boss - selected. This means having an enemy castbar visible, knowing healthpercentages, judgment at the right mob, stun/castinterrupting possibilities, healing and dpsing without targetswitch etc.

Give it a shot!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help][target=player] Flash of Light
    This will heal your mouseovered target and in addition it will heal you if your target isn't friendly or out of range instead of just giving a "Target is out of range" or "Target is not friendly" message. Beware of using this codesnippet (the "[target=player]" part I mean) in conjunction with holy shock though. You will never be able to use it as a damaging spell that way.
    I can already see an issue with this.
    In order for a mouseover macro to work, i'd have to have a keybind for JUST that mouseover macro. Clique I can set MULTIPLE actions for the same click and key for hostile, friendlies and out of combat. thus 3 things from ONE keybind/mouseclick. If I was striveing to keep the clutter down to a USEABLE amount, this wins hands down no? Example: shift click on you in my party, you get a heal, shift click on the boss, judge, shift click on you out of combat kings/might whatever. that's ONE keybind and click togeth as ONE action. What you propose takes the actual click out so IS one less movement, but then in order to mouseover macro..you have MOUSE OVER, so same shit different pile.
    The day you prove to me mouseover macro with only one use is better for healing then a clique bound triple use bind, is the day I wear a dress sonnyjim.

I DPS'd most of my WoW career, but I played a holy paladin during 3.2 and my guild got A Tribute to Insanity 25 man.

I quit healing after it because it is just way to stressful, especially as a tank healer. You fuck up for like a millisecond and the whole raid is pissed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by wylatron View Post
    so same shit different pile.
    This. Mouseover-macros accomplish different things than Clique-sque addons. I for one prefer my mouseclicks always doing the same e.g. selecting, attacking no matter what keys I have pressed. It's more about preference than efficiency.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Variables View Post
    I quit healing after it because it is just way to stressful, especially as a tank healer. You fuck up for like a millisecond and the whole raid is pissed at you.
    You might want to try it out once cata hits shelfs. The new concept encorporates smart healing more than whack-a-moling as fast as you can. At least that's the goal. Atm sure old encounters are old and thus require you to deal with the old style of encounter/problems/healingway.
    Last edited by Fiercon; 2010-10-29 at 09:33 AM.

Really there´s not much to do then to practise and learn every encounter you´re going to face.

Nice addons to use:

Grid2
    Decursive
    Xpearl
    clique
    Bartender

And always try to use macro bindings, Suggested:
    1-5
    Q
    E
    R
    F
    T
    Mousewheel up/down
    Mousekey 3-5

Deleted
    Well i tried grid, hated it. Now i'm using vuhdo, it's quite nice but sometimes bugs out and usually it's in the middle of an encounter. I'm still getting used to all the clicking and not using most of my shortcuts. What bothers me, tho, is that i can't use my keyboard shortcuts on the vuhdo grid and i hate it for that. I might even go back to good-ol blizzard raid frame and just get clique or somethimg.

Off topic but... I like your ID