Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnor View Post
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1...2910044759.jpg

my philosophy is the fewer addons, the cleaner it looks, the better. you want to see shit when shit happens.
    Actually the reason things get cluttered with UIs is because people don't take the right addons for things(or they don't have the room for the addons), if you pick right and hide bars w/ keybinds that you know by heart and they don't have a CD to watch you will be amazed at how many addons you can have without cluttering anything.

But that applies to people with a lot of room to work with, with mine I can easily fit grid/chat/recount/target/self/omen/bars for CD watching/map on the bottom part of my screen and it will still look clean. But with my old one I couldn't find anyway to fit all the addons to work together to conserve space.

I suppose I'm like you in that I HATE the UIs that come with art backgrounds and other stuff that I cant even think of a reason for needing there. So I have to make my own UIs by myself, takes time but the result is worth it.

---------- Post added 2010-10-29 at 02:47 PM ----------

ooooo look at that rune timer in the middle bottom.
    me. want.
    If I had to take a guess I would say it was a modified DocsDebugRunes, not 100% on that though.

Deleted
    Clicking really doesn't effect your DPS on very low movement fights and where you need to focus fire one boss while ignoring everything else. But when you try encounters such as Yogg-Saron 0 keepers (obviously during Ulduar patch) there is no way clicker can be par with keybinder. No matter what clicker thinks, keybinder can always perform better in general in every aspect of game and I don't understand why people has to argue about it.

http: //img708.imageshack.us/img708/1...2910044759.jpg

my philosophy is the fewer addons, the cleaner it looks, the better. you want to see shit when shit happens.
    Hey Dread, what is the character frame mod you are using, I like that.
    Last edited by Morvant; 2010-10-29 at 04:02 PM. Reason: quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morvant View Post
    Looks like pitbull, really pitbull is the only frame addon I'll use, it has all the feature I could want to make it fit my tastes perfectly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thaaaaat is Simplistic Unit Frames. It is an extended project of Shadowed unit frames, which is a project of ag_unitframes. As its name suggests, it is a relatively simple unit frame that has a great user-friendly setup. That is what has driven me away from pitbull: sure you can customize just about ANYTHING with pitbull, but it takes forever to set it up imo (AT LEAST the last time i used pitbull?).

Other things are pminimap, bartender, buttonfacade/buttonfacade_darion, and satrina buff frame, all of which i love and are completely user friendly.

Im still looking for a rune addon... i know theres tons out there, but none to my taste.

mRunes is pretty nice, so is Magic Runes

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is my setup for most of my toons. I like how Shadowed Unit Frames handles the runes.

i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/cheet0face/WoWScrnShot_102910_142102.jpg

PVPwhore here

well all those UIs are kick ass, HOWEVER, they're for PVE considering they have DBM, recount, threat generator and all those pve addons, is there a way to just delete em from the screen? or you can just disable em at the addons on the login screen?

Reason of my questions is cuz some compilations will start showing errors if i disable recount and all that....just a "noob" question regarding UIs that I have if some1 can help out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    PVPwhore here

well all those UIs are kick ass, HOWEVER, they're for PVE considering they have DBM, recount, threat generator and all those pve addons, is there a way to just delete em from the screen? or you can just disable em at the addons on the login screen?

Reason of my questions is cuz some compilations will start showing errors if i disable recount and all that....just a "noob" question regarding UIs that I have if some1 can help out...
    DBM mostly comes on its own now, not a lot of UI packages include it with their list of addons. But I never ran into a problem with turning recount/omen/etc off with tukui or the other popular one.

Cant pvp with them myself though, I feel that when I'm pvping most of the stuff suddenly just becomes useless clutter and I don't have the stuff I want for pvp on it.

pretty much the same issue yea, I like my UI to be clean and all those recount, threat and raid windows annoy the crap out of me on bgs =( and arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    PVPwhore here

Recount/skada and omen have a toggle. DBM DOES have timers for BG's, but you can just disable that module.

DBM is not intrusive in the slightest. And I just choose to use blizzard's raid frames for everything, including PvP. They're great for getting a snapshot of how well/poor your team is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    lolclicker. Just DL Bartender and increase the size so you don't misclick.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    You obviously don't use RatingBuster......
    except ratingbuster (lag spike hello) but now it is
    I meant major addon.

Thaaaaat is Simplistic Unit Frames[/URL]. It is an extended project of Shadowed unit frames, which is a project of ag_unitframes. As its name suggests, it is a relatively simple unit frame that has a great user-friendly setup. That is what has driven me away from pitbull: sure you can customize just about ANYTHING with pitbull, but it takes forever to set it up imo (AT LEAST the last time i used pitbull?).

Other things are pminimap, bartender, buttonfacade/buttonfacade_darion, and satrina buff frame, all of which i love and are completely user friendly.

Im still looking for a rune addon... i know theres tons out there, but none to my taste.
    Ahh bummer, its an abandoned addon. No more development on it. I think I will have a look at PittBull tonight. I have a great little UI going right now. It keeps the majority of the form of the basic WoW UI, but with tons of little tweaks.

As for a rune addon, what are you looking for? I have been testing a bunch so I might be able to suggest something.

I am currently playing with Engraved that I fixed manually.

Here is a screenshot of how I had Engraved setup. What I really like is that the runes fill from the bottom up and its VERY easy to see the recharge. Also, each rune can me resized and moved where you like it.

*Edit*
    Just imagine there is a link to an awesome screenshot here. The forum wont let me add one.

For runes, personally I CAN'T play w/o

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../dkirunes.aspx

I love it when people say clicking is good because they top meters. It doesn't mean clicking is good, it means your guild is crap.

Baddies attract baddies i guess.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh bummer, its an abandoned addon.
    Luckily someone updated Shadowed Unit Frames for 4.01 (which I use) which is extremely close to Simplistic Unit Frames.
    wowace.com/addons/shadowed-unit-frames/

I tried PitBull but didn't like it at all because of the time it takes to set up and the plethora of options (which some people prefer). I took 10 minutes to set up Shadowed Unit Frames and never looked back.

I love it when people say clicking is good because they top meters. It doesn't mean clicking is good, it means your guild is crap.
    Skill is skill. If you top meters either way than what does it matter?
    Last edited by Cocøa; 2010-10-29 at 09:50 PM.

ah, amazing find dude, gonna download it when I get home.

I've noticed since i've started keybinding which was around the start of S8 my dps has gone up by 500 or so. One thing that really gives clickers a disadvantage is that not all ur moves r on/ the same gcd. So if u press an ability say Scourge Strike then move ur mouse to an ability thats not on the same GCD as SS say Rocket Gloves for an engineer (cant think of any other atm and im not online ATM) then u have to quickly move it back to ur next ability (which is probably SS) before the GCD is up. ATM with unholy stacking so much haste and our GCD being so low its a bit hard to do that all in 1 or so seconds expecially if ur in Unholy Pres. And im sure most of u must know that it is truly impossible to click in pvp. I vs'd a keyboard turning pally the other day and i ran around him constantly and laughed. Im big on PvP and wen i was clicking i always wanted to hear about how much better it was to keybind so that it would give me motivation to do so myself. and in PvP there is just soooooo many things that make keybinders have the upper hand. In Pve i dont think ur dps will be soooo much higher if u keybind, it will definetly be higher but not by a huge amount. You'd be surprise how easy it is to actually switch from clicking to keybinding. it takes a week or so to get a hang of it. Just practise in Bg's, Target Dummies, Skirmishes and heroics and u'll get the hang of it especially ur main abilities. but make sure u put urself in situations where u use other abilities, one thing good about skirmishes is that it gives u a chance to practice ur focus keybinds if u have any.