Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The worst it's ever been..., brought to you by Activision.

Activision says hey, we need some sales so kick out Cataclysm before year end ready or not.

What we get? An absolute abortion of a patch:

-Holy Paladins tanking 7+ attackers while never going out of mana thanks to the bright ideal of zero mana cost Word of Glory.

-Mages pressing one button, ie icelance, and never worrying about spell pushback/lockouts as they nail you for 7k crits on 1300+ resilience. Or worse, arcane mages that press arcane blast twice and blow you up.

-Druids putting a couple dots on you and spamming /lol as you die to 7k rip crits.

-The "Join as Group" button says give up your real life responsibilities and conform with 4 other basement dwellers on their basement dwelling schedule or get stomped by other premades. Isle of Conquest/AV never pop anymore which are the only real battle grounds capable of diluting the premade effect. No longer can you queue for a battleground and fight other pugs.

I've seen it all. I was there back in the beginning when paladins were unkillable at the start of vanilla. Or 2 hand winfury shamans globaling mages. Or warlocks globaling people in BC and WotLK. I've seen it all since Nov 2004, and it's never been this bad. And it's going to continue to be this bad for another 5 weeks. Choices are, go pve for gear that gets wiped by quest greens day 1. Or continue to play the worse PVP WoW has ever seen.

Various bugs brought by the Patch: Annoying.

Whiny QQ on forums: Hilarious and priceless.

I be seeing a flamewar, and a lock inc. And also trying to premade with random people probably wont work out well for rated bgs, expect guild groupings. Oh and, do we really all have to blame Activision? We still have a month to go, if they were rushing it the release date would still be in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's easy to see someone wasn't around before Wotlk.

Here's a hint why:
    Ret Paladin's taking on 5 people, ending the fight with 100% health and >90% mana. Then running into the next group of 5 and doing the same.

This is nothing compared to that.

Or another hint: Warlocks never global-ed people in BC. They killed people sloooooowly.
    Last edited by seam; 2010-10-29 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyfoeth View Post
    Various bugs brought by the Patch: Annoying.

Whiny QQ on forums: Hilarious and priceless.
    QQ or not, shits real and insanely ridiculous to have to deal with while playing a game.

LF mod to rename thread to "Whining: the worst it's ever been...brought to you by babies."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I don't think you need a comma after the "..." I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindein View Post
    QQ or not, shits real and insanely ridiculous to have to deal with while playing a game.
    Clearly they should never, ever have released a game or patch that was not 100% perfect in every single way.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

youve played for 6 years wait 5 more weeks and move along its not that big of a deal.

Bucknaste Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    I don't think you need a comma after the "..." I could be wrong though.
    You dont...although I tend to use ... and ,s interchangeably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

im having more fun than ever blasting people and getting blasted myself

Deleted
    1: holy paladins can still die even in 1v1 situation

2: mages can still be stunned, feared, cc'ed, LoS, silenced and more things that can make them die even in 1v1.

3: 1v1 is not supposed to be balanced and actually it will never be so get someone and nuke them fast or get a healer. in BG's you will probably have both.

4: You don't have to do a premade and most definitely you don't have to do a Random. You can still pick which one you want to join and that can be Isle of Conquest or AV.

and no this is not that bad. for me at least. And i've been here since vanilla too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Getting blown up isn't new to this expansion. It was like that for the first season.

course they should, but they instead of oh look you cant kill holy pallys, lets change MS to 10%, and not mention the fact that there is no other problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierman5000 View Post
    Activision says hey, we need some sales so kick out Cataclysm before year end ready or not.
    Do you have a source for this revolutionary information? No? Did the robotic unicorn tell you while you were riding it to save the princess stuck in that apple?

What we get? An absolute abortion of a patch:

-Holy Paladins tanking 7+ attackers while never going out of mana thanks to the bright ideal of zero mana cost Word of Glory.
    1, maybe 2 attackers. They are spending 100% on defense. It happens.
    -Mages pressing one button, ie icelance, and never worrying about spell pushback/lockouts as they nail you for 7k crits on 1300+ resilience. Or worse, arcane mages that press arcane blast twice and blow you up.
    I don't know about mages, but I know they have to ramp up.
    -Druids putting a couple dots on you and spamming /lol as you die to 7k rip crits.
    Rip is a finishing move which required a couple of moves before it. PvP happens.
    -The "Join as Group" button says give up your real life responsibilities and conform with 4 other basement dwellers on their basement dwelling schedule or get stomped by other premades. Isle of Conquest/AV never pop anymore which are the only real battle grounds capable of diluting the premade effect. No longer can you queue for a battleground and fight other pugs.
    What? PuGs don't group. Groups don't pug.
    I've seen it all. I was there back in the beginning when paladins were unkillable at the start of vanilla. Or 2 hand winfury shamans globaling mages. Or warlocks globaling people in BC and WotLK. I've seen it all since Nov 2004, and it's never been this bad. And it's going to continue to be this bad for another 5 weeks. Choices are, go pve for gear that gets wiped by quest greens day 1. Or continue to play the worse PVP WoW has ever seen.
    What?

Paladins unkillable? Holy?

What?

Rage less, dude. Bad for your heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    course they should, but they instead of oh look you cant kill holy pallys, lets change MS to 10%, and not mention the fact that there is no other problem.
    Are you talking 1v1? If so, this game isn't balanced for 1v1 to begin with, so your point kinda fails.

If 2v2/3v3/5v5, why not burn it down? Or interrupt?

If BGs, how are you having issues?

crap happens and its activision's fault apparently.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post

2: mages can still be stunned, feared, cc'ed, LoS, silenced and more things that can make them die even in 1v1.
    Mages can be stunned? Blink. Feared? Mage armor makes it nearly useless. Silence? Mage armor make silences an absolute joke. Oh you manage to lock out frost because he wasn't spamming ice lance? Nice, now he's casting arcane spells. Oh he's arcane and you locked out arcane, now he's casting frost spells. It's not like mages have a million ways of CCing something and absurdly high damage/survivability.
    Learn the game.
    Last edited by gookslammer; 2010-10-29 at 04:15 AM.

Deleted
    did you read the reason as to why this was changed?
    healers in beta had major issues about the 25% cause people got nuked down in less than 6-7 seconds.
    so if they see that 10% is wrong and nobody can die because of this change it will change again.

after all the season is over and the next season starts after we get to 85.
    in the meantime just enjoy the blasting with no QQ.you can still enjoy the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    Mages can be stunned? Blink. Feared? Mage armor makes it nearly useless. Silence? Mage armor make silences an absolute joke. Oh you manage to lock out frost because he wasn't spamming ice lance? Nice, now he's casting arcane spells. Oh he's arcane and you locked out arcane, now he's casting frost spells.
    Learn the game.
    I love when people go to arguments like this.

Always taking the advantages of the mage and ignoring the advantages of other classes.