Cata beta changes in 13221: Vampiric Embrace

On the frontpage, it shows the changes that are coming in build 13221 of the Cataclysm Beta. One of the things I noticed is that they will reduce healing of Vampiric Embrace:

Shadow

* Vampiric Embrace now heals you for 6%, down from 15%.
    * Improved Mind Blast now reduces healing by 10%, down from 25%.

A drop from 15% to 6%, cutting it by 60%, seems quite hefty. As it is, when I am soloing as Shadow, I can sustain my own HPs pretty exclusively on VE alone. With this change, I suspect stance switching a lot more often, simply to heal up through Holy spells during fights. And especially fights like against Anzu might become a lot harder to maintain in Shadow Form as well now.

Was VE really so overpowered in the Cata Beta that they felt the need to change it by so much? What do other think about this change?

15+ Year Old Account
    They did worse to affliction, so yes they dont want selfhealing to be good even for classes balanced around it.
    "Healing will matter in Cata" bullcrap..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    Warrior's healing from talents and rogue's recuperate next now!

those 2 abilities srly heal far too much in beta atm

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea they will come to those I recon, since they can never justify specs who are not balanced around selfhealing to outheal specs who are.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    Warrior's healing from talents and rogue's recuperate next now!

those 2 abilities srly heal far too much in beta atm
    Bloodthirst already got cut down by half and Rogues have to sacrifice DPS for their heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    What do other think about this change?
    I feel... Sadness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

This was already under quite a discussion in this thread:

[Beta] Build 13221
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~