View Poll Results: Which version of Cataclysm will you be using for your download?

Voters
474. This poll is closed
  • I will buy the game discs and install from DVD

229 48.31%
  • I will order the digital sale regardless of missing cinematics

113 23.84%
  • Who cares?

132 27.85%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just started finishing up the Wrathgate quest on my druid, and when I turned in the quest that triggers the cinematic it told me that the cinematic was currently not available. I have yet to download/buy cata and just have 4.0. This is most likely a bug.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooback View Post
    So is it a bug? Is it intentional? If it is intentional, why?
    Answers: We don't know.

This post (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....=1&pageNo=2#21) says it is a bug (posted this week).

This post (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...53762&sid=1#19) says it isn't a bug (posted 2 weeks ago).

Blizzard is contradicting themselves there, perhaps they don't even know.

What we DO know is that the OP in this thread is wrong to say "Digital release does not include cinematics". It should say "Digital release may or may not include pre-rendered cinematics"
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    already seen it

and i dont care about it.

sure it looks nice..

but i cant even remember the wotlk video...
    Its ALL cinematics not just the opener....its really amazing how many people go cinematics=intro. Guess they forgot about wrathgate and lich king....fools

---------- Post added 2010-10-30 at 04:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Answers: We don't know.

This post (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....=1&pageNo=2#21) says it is a bug (posted this week).

This post (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...53762&sid=1#19) says it isn't a bug (posted 2 weeks ago).

Blizzard is contradicting themselves there, perhaps they don't even know.

What we DO know is that the OP in this thread is wrong to say "Digital release does not include cinematics". It should say "Digital release may or may not include pre-rendered cinematics"
    No what we do know is that the cinematic folder doesn't exsist and they have a post saying its not a bug. What we don't know is if they will let the cines get dl near or after release date.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=1#19
    Last edited by theturn; 2010-10-30 at 04:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It pisses me off, but going to the store is an inconvenience so unfortunately. I will.

im getting the collectors edition from gamestop but ive also told the launcher to download cataclysm. the cinematics will be on the DVD anyways (the DVD you put in the TV)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

I´ll buy digital, why? well because in my country (Chile), stores sell the discs (at release) for around 35.000 chilean pesos, that´s around 70 USA dolars

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible terrible news! Meh now Ill have to go and get a real copy.

I think they mean that the Pre-rendered cinematics won't be included. The in-game cinematics will still work fine.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    I think they mean that the Pre-rendered cinematics won't be included. The in-game cinematics will still work fine.
    The specific mention of Wrathgate contradicts that.

Anyone bitching about this is retarded and will bitch about the stupidest minuscule things.
    The cinematic will play ONCE when you first load it up. A cinematic that HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED AND VIEWED MILLIONS OF TIMES.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Wait, that might be true - can anyone in the beta say whether or not there are Cinematics in your Data/Interface/Cinematics folder and if so what the names are?

Probably getting worked up over nothing.
    Cutscenes exist in the beta! I am not sure about the Cataclysm Cinematic(havent logged yet :P) but yeah Cutscenes work.
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    The specific mention of Wrathgate contradicts that.
    You've got to be fucking kidding... an in an expansion that has more in-game cutscenes then anything they've put out before?

I'm calling Blizzard in the morning. I already placed my order and NOW I find out about this.

Fuck Blizzard, Fuck Activision, and Fuck Bobby.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I'm pretty sure cinematics MUST be part of the downloaded content... somewhere... just not extracted into avi files. I mean, look at the avi files in your cinematics folder.... its 352MB for fall of the lich king, wrathgate and the intro for WoTLK.

I find it had to believe Blizzard is trying to save bandwidth when cinematics are so small. Hell, they've got people downloading 13GB+ beta/ptr clients and don't seem to care about that bandwidth.

IMO wrathgate is probably messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    I'm pretty sure cinematics MUST be part of the downloaded content... somewhere... just not extracted into avi files. I mean, look at the avi files in your cinematics folder.... its 352MB for fall of the lich king, wrathgate and the intro for WoTLK.

I find it had to believe Blizzard is trying to save bandwidth when cinematics are so small. Hell, they've got people downloading 13GB+ beta/ptr clients and don't seem to care about that bandwidth.

IMO wrathgate is probably messed up.

They said they wanted to remove the Wrath-gate incident fromt he game considering of some lore stuff.
    Why?

Deleted
    Chill out people I am pretty sure Blizz will release the whole thing even for the ones who are getting the digital download.... There was no such thing buzzing people on SC2 release, the DD was identical to standard edition minus the box and some annoying and completely useless papers :P

It's fun...It's the first time i feel so pissed off against blizzard...If they did that...i mean i dont care about the Cinematic...But the Cutscenes? I mean..COME ON!
    Why?

Dude, this sucks. I wouldn't have gotten it digitally if I'd known I wasn't getting the same content as if I'd bought it retail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daumier View Post
    Dude, this sucks. I wouldn't have gotten it digitally if I'd known I wasn't getting the same content as if I'd bought it retail.
    We don't know that yet; people are jumping to conclusions.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Lol why wouldn't you get Cinematics in digital copy of Cataclysm? Client you downloaded is not full Cataclysm yet, everything will be ready on December 7th.!

Deleted
    Its the same thing as if u download the gameclient from battlenet:P