Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
    so in total, over four iterations of the game...there are only four bosses with similar skeletons? Darn you blizzard for making the elemental lords look like one another, and curse you for making appearance a genetic thing!!!!!! /shake fist
    damn you all to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Why don't you tell the most successful multi-billion-dollar video game company on the planet that they could do better as you sit at home in your sweatpants.

buzz off.
    this^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Al'Akir is hardly a major lore character, only mentioned in passing until now.

If you want to complain about major lore characters biting it in the first tier, complain about Cho'gall.
    cho'gall is just an ogre magi though,al'akir is like the god of wind :P

anyway the order in which bosses are killed doesn't reflect their strength in lore,i think

ie anub arak got killed (initially) in a 5 man ,etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    You dislike fighting an awesome lore boss in the first tier of raiding?
    What, you think it's universally better to just fight some lolrandum nameless loreless generics? Then WHY is there a wave of QQ every time there is ANY raid without lore boss?

And "since when there are major lore figures in first raids"? How about since freaking vanilla and though all WoW?
    EVERY raid back then had an awesome Big Bad Evil Guy on top. Only lolrandum in BC was Gruul. Only lolrandum in WotLK was argent tournament and redesigned ony.
    Actually, Gruul was a lore character, conquered the blacks dragons that came trough the Dark Portal. He is a deity for the ogres of Outland.

@overtroll: Cho'gall has fused with the spirit of C'thun, says enuff.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    this whiny baby has 6 times your posts and probably 2 times your age
    Just means you've had more time to practice.

In any case, on a broad enough scope all boss fights boil down to:

1. Stay out of the fire
    2. Keep people alive
    3. Kill the boss

Repeat.

Nitpicking because of some vague similarities to another boss is just, what's the word, pointless. Especially on forums that Blizzard doesn't look at. I, for one, would be disappointed if the most powerful AIR elemental didn't try to kill me in a giant vortex.

For reference

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Pretty sure none of you have any idea what he means. Okay what he actually means is the fight is similar to Malygos, in a sense that we stand on a platform and at the end it breaks and we kill him in the Air. Dont need to flame him, because he is right, the fight looks dull and Al'akir is 'practically' in Malygos' shoes right now. Maly, a MAJOR lore charactor, was killed off by such a dull boring raid in 1st tier of raiding, hardly anyone saw the 25man version pugged nor 10man because so many failure casuals out there.
    Wasting major lore characters in small raids is horrible >.<
    By that thinking you could compare the Lich King fight to Loken in Halls of Lightning, but no we don't do that.
    Run to edge to avoid obvious hazard, then run back into middle to avoid another.
    Hell that could be said as taken straight from Murmur in Shadow Labyrinth.
    So in essence the Lich King fight is ripped straight from Murmur.
    It is just someone desperate for something to moan about.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    You're looking at it the wrong way. Here's another comparison between Mr. Smite and the Lich King:
    -before the fight both bosses taunt the player
    -they both bring a bunch of adds
    -they both incapacitate the player and then talk a bunch
    -Thrash is basically Soul Reaper
    -both of them lose weapons during the fight
    -super powerful character dies in a really lame way

It's basically the same thing.
    I lol'd when I saw this 10/10 and a /agree

15+ Year Old Account
    dunno,like...contribution to the community?while the other poster i replied to might be a troll?

also,you're totaly offtopic
    By your logic, I'm never wrong and drink from the ever-flowing cup of awesomeness. This is true, just felt like pointing it out.
    BfA Beta Time

That fight looks epic, stop the pointless QQ.

By your logic, Malygos was a rip-off of Kael'thas because we fought him up on his platform and then the windows break and we fight him in the air.

And all of them exactly as meaningful as this post.

I wonder how this fight will go on 10m, but good grief! The size of him! If he wasn't made of wind I'm wondering why he just doesn't fall on the tank and proceed to pwn the rest of the raid in like manner.

I agree with the Sarth + Maly fusion fight opinion though, hopefully raiding will cure boredom for awhile

Deleted
    As far as I am concerned Throne of the Four Winds is an platform, so what's the problem there? I don't see it. By the way, it does not seem like a copy-paste of the Malygos raid, not at all. The only thing I'd like to rant about is the difficulty. It seems pretty easy tbh... but again introducing it to the new might be the only difficulty. But, it also seems like it's hard for healers to keep it up. And that's about it. The clyclones moving around the platform seems easy to dodge. The only thing close to Malygos is the platform breaking, flying around him and killing the small sparks.
    Last edited by mmoc9634f93929; 2010-10-30 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramboness View Post
    As far as I am concerned Throne of the Four Winds is an platform, so what's the problem there? I don't see it. By the way, it does not seem like a copy-paste of the Malygos raid, not at all. The only thing I'd like to rant about is the difficulty. It seems pretty easy tbh... but again introducing it to the new might be the only difficulty. But, it also seems like it's hard for healers to keep it up. And that's about it. The clyclones moving around the platform seems easy to dodge. The only thing close to Malygos is the platform breaking, flying around him and killing the small sparks.
    The difficulty is in coordinating the death of the stormlings to roll feedback on Al'Akir (20 second duration, stacks), it's not just about dodging stuff but also maintaining very high DPS while dodging stuff (bad DPS lose focus and lose DPS when doing gimmicks) to phase him before acid rain stacks too high and maintaining precise positioning in the last phase to avoid lightning chaining without outranging your healers (you don't have much room to work with, if you move away from him you get caught in the storm). It's not really stuff you can see in a video.

Six times my posts!! WOW!

and im 30.. so hes 60?