Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The character that I'll be bringing: Xana, the young Draenei.

What your forces are made up of: I travel alone. The voices say I need to progress with subtlety, rather than force. I move fast and silent.

Arrival upon the landmass: I've teleported myself around the outer sites of the landmass, setting up a perimiter and overseeing the arrival of the other adventurers. Now I've opened up a one-man camp. Here are the things I need to continue my expedition. For now, I will wait.

Background story: The voices... We need the Crystal, we deserve the crystal, oh yes. They will give us the strenght we need. With the Crystal, I must travel to Mount Hyjal. It is there my destiny will unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    Would it be a good idea to make a bit of a paint map just to get a feel of where we start and what obstacles we are facing,along with possible interactions with the other teams.
    Seconded

Paint?

You expect that of me?

I've already made one in Photoshop. It'll be unveiled once I make the thread.

Edit: I'm far too impatient.

The island itself. Our basecamps will be around the edges. There are various large animal remains, as well as caves, and Orcish and Draenei remains. There is very little water still flowing, as most of it has dried up. There is absolutely no life left, aside from a few plants that remain near the still available sources of water. Most of the roads that once marked this land have been worn away with time, but some do still exist, yet only barely. (And yes, that is the top of Tempest Keep for the shield pylons.)

This is the city itself. Once accessable after all five pylons have fallen. The Eternal Walkway and The Lower Grove and infested with the ghosts of dead Draenei. They must be fought through to reach the central pillar. Once that has been achieved, you must scale it, by your own means.

This is a sketch of the central pillar, with the temple lying on top. It must be scaled, since the ancinet ways of travel up have been inactive since the breaking of Draenor. Once atop, you must fight the other factions present, to claim the crystal at the temple's heart. Once this is done, you must scale your way down the pillar, and make your way back to your own camp before you can leave for good.

I'm going to start this tomorrow evening, UK/Europe time.
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2010-11-03 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    The character I'll be bringing: Kanni
    Forces: Two tigers, Sympah and Tyrras
    Arrival: Teleport through an ancient Draenei device. It broke down as soon as we passed through. There's no more going back, I'll either be returning victorious... or not at all.
    Backstory: I was helping the Cenarion Expedition in Outland when I came upon a Blood Elven magus. He was incinerating trees and random wildlife. I attacked him, not even bothering to shapeshift, and with the help of my tigers I managed to put an end to his spellwork... permanently.

Searching his belongings produced a strange crystal that seemed to pulse with energies. Upon touching it I was instilled with a sense of wrongness. I realised the thing was a powerful focus for arcane energies. I quickly threw it away, but not before experiencing a vision of a strange device hidden somewhere in Ruuan Weald. I asked the trees to search for whatever was there, and soon enough their probing roots found the artifact. They dragged it out of the ground. It seemed Draenic in nature. Warily I approached it. Suddenly, it sprang to life, bathing its surroundings in purple light. Then I knew no more.

I awoke some time later, no more where I had been. The device seemingly teleported a small part of the wood onto this shattered island. The journey had damaged the artifact beyond repair. Me, Sympah, and Tyrras were stranded in this strange new land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it seems interesting, but i don't know my character does not have any thing to do in this story i feel at least. :/

Well i have a story ready to start but i just cant reply in anyway way because the thread says i dont have permission to..........

Well i have a story ready to start but i just cant reply in anyway way because the thread says i dont have permission to..........
    Send Madgod a PM.

Have you submitted an app to the roleplaying subgroup with a link to a complete charcter? It's all there in the rules

Gosh im silly... thanks for the help i have sent a pm to the group so ill be posting soon if i get invited .

already checked your character; you look splendid. Grats on RP status.

Now enjoy your roleplay Mr... Hermit... Archdruid... Stag guy :P

(yes, Malfurion looks like a hermit to me... him and his beard!)

Thank you very much Mr Mad God whose avatar honestly gives me nightmares....

whose avatar honestly gives me nightmares....
    I agree. I've told him before: it's creepy.

Thank you very much Mr Mad God whose avatar honestly gives me nightmares....
    then it does it's job well bwahahahahahahaha!

Truth be told, I'd use another avatar, but.. well... I put a good bit of effort into that one, aaaand I can't find anything better of Sheogorath :d

This actually looks like a very fun idea. I'm wondering if you are still accepting any late comers? I would very much like to take a crack at this if at all possible. I'll post my info just in case.

The character that I'll be bringing: Scourge-Lord Kartthus

What your forces are made up of: 40 Undead Ghouls, 20 Geists, 10 Obsidian Destroyers/Statues, 10 Abominations, 10 Death Knights, 5 Flesh Giants, 5 Liches.

Arrival upon the landmass: A powerful (and rather large) Deathgate created by several powerful Necromancers/Death Knights from the Scourge-Lord's base in a remote part of Northern Lordaeron.

Background story: Since the fall of The Lich King and the rise of The Usurper, Scourge-Lord Kartthus has been seeking a way to be rid of the hypnotic voice that now commands him to lay down his sword and accept a second death. Word has reach him about a powerful artifact of light called the Ata'mal Crystal. Dreading what would happen should it fall into the hands of the living which whom The Usurper is helping, Kartthus has gathered a small army of various undead to lead an assault on the long forgotten city. It is his mission to ensure that the Crystal does not reach the living, either by killing everyone after it, or more logically, destroying the artifact. Time is against him, as the living races have already begun moving to the city. Hastily, The Scourge-Lord has begun preparations to enter Outland and head straight for the city. It will be only a matter of time...

And there you have it. I was thinking about throwing in Necromancers in the army, but I don't know how rezing works in this RP (that's beside the fact I don't even know if I'm gonna be in this!). Hopefully I can join in soon and I'll keep reading this wonderful story!
    Last edited by LinksLife; 2010-11-14 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Updated to fit current story.

Quote Originally Posted by LinksLife View Post
    This actually looks like a very fun idea. I'm wondering if you are still accepting any late comers? I would very much like to take a crack at this if at all possible. I'll post my info just in case.

The character that I'll be bringing: Scourge-Lord Kratthus

What your forces are made up of: 40 Undead Ghouls, 20 Geists, 10 Obsidian Destroyers/Statues, 10 Abominations, 10 Death Knights, 5 Flesh Giants, 5 Liches.

Arrival upon the landmass: A powerful (and rather large) Deathgate created by several powerful Necromancers/Death Knights within Icecrown Citadel.

Background story: Being one of two to hold the title of "Scourge-Lord" (the other being Tyrannus), Kratthus has been ordered by The Lich King to lead an undead army and capture the Ata'mal Crystal. Hoping that this strange artifact will help turn the tide in the war against his great king, Kratthus has gathered an army that can move quickly (Geists and Deathknights), hit hard (Ghouls, Abominations, Flesh Giants), and deal with magic users (Obsidian Destroyers/Statues, Liches). He is known to be sadistic, but also a brilliant general in the Scourge army. With his king's orders ringing fresh in his mind, Scourge-Lord Kratthus will stop at nothing to complete his mission.

And there you have it. I was thinking about throwing in Necromancers in the army, but I don't know how rezing works in this RP (that's beside the fact I don't even know if I'm gonna be in this!). Hopefully I can join in soon and I'll keep reading this wonderful story!
    Are you part of the RP group? Do you have an established bio for your character?

Errrr... no. Where could I fill out the bio/sign up for the group?

Edit2: Alright, I've posted the bio on the forums. Hopefully that will be enough, but please let me know if there is anything else I need to do.
    Last edited by LinksLife; 2010-11-12 at 08:57 PM.

The story has actually progressed quite far since the start, yet, if you can find a way into it, you're welcome to.

Also, your story with the Lich King thing wouldn't work, since this is set after his death. Lastly, if an undead like you would set a hand upon the crystal, it would most likely vaporise you.

I can edit it some way... (did you mention that this took place after the death of the Lich King? I guess I should assume most RP will take place after it unless stated otherwise from now on. No worries, I had a plan in case something like that happened. ) And it's true that an undead would probably get vaporised... Hmmm... gimmie a little while and I'm sure I'll think up something. :P But thanks for the go ahead! I'll find a way to get myself and my little army in...

Quote Originally Posted by LinksLife View Post
    I can edit it some way... (did you mention that this took place after the death of the Lich King? I guess I should assume most RP will take place after it unless stated otherwise from now on. No worries, I had a plan in case something like that happened. ) And it's true that an undead would probably get vaporised... Hmmm... gimmie a little while and I'm sure I'll think up something. :P But thanks for the go ahead! I'll find a way to get myself and my little army in...
    And I shall be waiting with my 'OpinionHammer' as soon as I see your new bio!