Deleted

Level a Priest or.............

Hi guy's

Hopefully someone will be able to help me, I already have 2 healers at 80 a druid and a shaman (my main was a mage) after playing both the druid and shaman I decided I wanted to try a priest mainly because I hated HoTs on the druid and didn't trust them one iota and on the shaman loved the healing side but well totems where a complete pain.

Now that cata is getting closer I've decided to roll a priest well somewhat decided now my questions are is leveling a priest like it used to be ie drink fight, drink, fight (like a mage also all priests I have spoken to have said out of all the classes a priest was one of the hardest to level.

Also how is priests at healing? is it direct heals, small heals or like a shaman with chain healing?

Its either reroll or stick with my mage.

So over to you guys hopefully you can help me decide.

Priest leveling is a lot easier than it use to be and you will probably see less down time thatn on your mage once you get either meditation or glyph for spirit tap.

As for what priest healing is like it depends on whether you go disc or holy. Disc is more or less direct heals, either through retroactive healing or proactive shields.

Holy, in a word, is everything. We have all the "staples" of other classes and than some very unique spells like Binding Heal, Prayer of Mending, and the if you get the talents, Desperate Prayer and Lightwell. You won't find anything even close to those in other healers arsenal. With that being said, Pally direct heals are stronger than a priests, Druid HoTs are stronger than a priests, and in some situations Chain Heal can be more effective than say...CoH or PoH.
    Last edited by Aiurwyn; 2010-10-31 at 07:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead provides a list of spells and talent calculators, where you can search and receive detailed information. When you understand the class, the best thing then is to watch some different videos so the mechanics makes more sense. I have a feeling you'll find something about Priests aswell that won't fit (like hots and totems).

Priest abilities (level 1-85)