Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysal View Post
    using my mouse to click 1 spell hardly prevents me from turning fast.

Well heck if its been said.. It's proof.

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 04:53 PM ----------

I think part of the reason people think its cluttery is because the first SS has explanation text on it.. Look at the 2nd screenshot.
    It impossible to click a spell on your action bar whilst also turning with the mouse.

Keybinding has that advantage, no matter how good a clicker you are, you can only compensate so much.

I know many great players who click, it isn't an issue really.. For PvE anyway.

It isn't a problem if they are good players.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I will admit I was a FAST clicker my first like 5 months in Vanilla when WoW first launched then my friends said "why don't you keybind it" and I'm like "KEEEYBINNNDDD??!!" So now most of my Hand of and such are on vuhdo with shift modifiers macroed to my mouse but here is my UI which is the newest LUI 3.3 with my own flava and yes that is 19.7 k dps i am doing as prot weeeeeeeee
    What Addon are you using to make your inactive spells red? I like that.

Also I should note.. It will be game over for my current UI this weekend anyway because I'm picking up a Razer Naga and the only spells on my screen will be a small row for my main rotation spells. Other than that the obvious target/ToT/Player(in some form -_-) grid, omen, and power auras. Currently I'm running a 2 button mouse.

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlemon View Post
    It impossible to click a spell on your action bar whilst also turning with the mouse.

Keybinding has that advantage, no matter how good a clicker you are, you can only compensate so much.

I know many great players who click, it isn't an issue really.. For PvE anyway.

It isn't a problem if they are good players.
    I agree with this poster.. you can always turn your camera really fast during GCD. If you need to turn faster than that you probably need to improve gameplay in some other area ( not speaking to quoted posted there just anyone in general)
    I went to the woods bc I wished to live deliberately to front only the essential facts of life & see if I could not learn what it had to teach & not when I came to die discover that I had not lived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    I will admit I was a FAST clicker my first like 5 months in Vanilla when WoW first launched then my friends said "why don't you keybind it" and I'm like "KEEEYBINNNDDD??!!" So now most of my Hand of and such are on vuhdo with shift modifiers macroed to my mouse but here is my UI which is the newest LUI 3.3 with my own flava and yes that is 19.7 k dps i am doing as prot weeeeeeeee

That's really awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heya Towelliee

< Drinkadin from wow forums lol

Still pushin out that dps shot? =P

Another question for toweliee what button facade is that?
    I went to the woods bc I wished to live deliberately to front only the essential facts of life & see if I could not learn what it had to teach & not when I came to die discover that I had not lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysal View Post
    Another question for toweliee what button facade is that?
    That is Darion

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yovmit98 View Post
    Heya Towelliee

< Drinkadin from wow forums lol

Still pushin out that dps shot? =P
    You know it!
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Towlliee, have you had any problems with LUI 3.3? I tried installing it today after seeing you mention they'd updated it, but had to remove it shortly after before it kept freakin out. Kept getting the blizz popup thing saying 'Your addons are freakin out, press here to reset them'

did you get this as well, and if so how do I fix, cause I've really missed my LUI :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Galahad try putting the stuff in addons folder into your addons folder then the other 3 folders in YOUR interface folder the stuff like buttons and glue folders, then turn on all the addons LUI is using from the login screen addons window and turn off any UI altering mods you have currently, when you log in you should have a giant INSTALL darkened screen and just click and it reloads your UI to LUI if your not getting that "install" thing taking up your whole wow screen it probably has a conflict

Oh and Jaysal the only suggestion i have on your UI is taking your bars away from the center of the screen, most stuff is centered to you as a tank and you don't want them to get in the way, or another route is to allow click through on them as well to some extent.
    Last edited by Cryogenic77; 2010-11-04 at 05:48 AM.
    Former Heroic raid lead for <Zeroes to Heroes> @ Stormrage-US Alliance @ Cryogenic-Stormrage

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks shadow, but I've use LUI before :P I know how to instal it, the problem comes post instal, everything sets up fine, but from that point everything goes down hill. The main problem seems to be with ForteXorsist, before I unpacked that there was a few problems(the only really bad one was the inability to rightclick buffs to cancel them, which is wierd), but nothing serious, once I had FX up and running it all went to shit. But now that I actually looking back at Towlliee's UI he doesn't seem to be using FX :P so I may try running it without that, see how it works out. Also what is that Hpo meter that I see everyone using? looks much nicer that the one that comes with LUI.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I updated my UI quite heavily.. I figured out that if you scale your UI down in you blizzard advanced video options.. Blizzard raid frames becomes a very legit unit frame option, even in 40 man raids!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    thanks shadow, but I've use LUI before :P I know how to instal it, the problem comes post instal, everything sets up fine, but from that point everything goes down hill. The main problem seems to be with ForteXorsist, before I unpacked that there was a few problems(the only really bad one was the inability to rightclick buffs to cancel them, which is wierd), but nothing serious, once I had FX up and running it all went to shit. But now that I actually looking back at Towlliee's UI he doesn't seem to be using FX :P so I may try running it without that, see how it works out. Also what is that Hpo meter that I see everyone using? looks much nicer that the one that comes with LUI.
    Thanks for being understanding, just hitting all the bases :P and yes I'm not running FX on mine at all and it works fine, try it that way and you should have no conflicts
    Former Heroic raid lead for <Zeroes to Heroes> @ Stormrage-US Alliance @ Cryogenic-Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhex View Post

Oh and Jaysal the only suggestion i have on your UI is taking your bars away from the center of the screen, most stuff is centered to you as a tank and you don't want them to get in the way, or another route is to allow click through on them as well to some extent.
    I think i pulled stuff away a bit since the last time you saw it.. No need for click through im a tab targeter... if theres ever a real need to target specific mobs in a encounter I always make a fast macro. Thanks for the input

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...x1080Wide.html

This is the pack to my UI since I have received numerous PM about it.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm Towelliee's UI...

YOINK! I'll stick that up now, see if LUI bugs out less when it's set up properly

yup, it does, okay got everything working fine, thanks a bunch Towlliee, once quick question, my castbar seems to be stuck under my char pane, how do I move that? couldn't work out which addon was responsible.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2010-11-07 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone know how to move the self cast bar on Towlliee's UI? Mine is stuck underneath my healthbar, making it hard to see.

First image is idling in Ironforge.
    Second, in a raid, out of Combat.
    Third and Fourth are in combat, third showing enemy cast bar above my target (covers Target of Target health, but not their name)
    Fourth just better shows name plates, though their borders are bugged atm, and showing vertical lines atm, but not usually.

Some things are not visible as such, such as boss timers, omen (located to the right of Grid, in a similar style to Skada, shown to the left of Grid)

The buttons either side of the clock are faded out of combat, (show on mouseover), only for things I haven't managed to keybind yet.

Buffs in the top right are filtered not to show buffs that are shown as bars above my own unit frame. The bars above my unit frame show short buffs such as Divine Protection, Hands, trinkets etc. The bars below my unit frame are Cooldowns, and current self missing buffs. Bars in the top left are missing raid bufs (only visible in a raid). Bars under enemy units are my Debuffs.

Addons
    AzCastBar
    Aloft - (Nameplates)
    Bartender 4
    BigWigs
    ButtonFacade
    ButtonFacade: *Shadow* (There are 2 faded bars, one on either side of the clock. They have stuff like Conjured Food, buttons for equipment swapping. Not useful to be always shown or keybound)
    ButtonFacade: Caith (On the buffs)
    Chinchilla Minimap (Just the minimap, not the text on it)
    Class Colors
    eePanels2
    Grid
    GridIndicatorCornerIcons
    GridManaBars
    GridStatusRaidIcons
    HolyTrinity (Holy Power bar only) - SoulBurned on my Warlock, looks the same, except purple, also only use for Soul Shard bar.
    LittleWigs
    Mapster
    Omen3
    OneBag3
    OneBank3
    OneRing3
    oPie (For Raid Marks, Raid Flares, Auras, Seals & Blessings, Tradeskills)
    oRA3
    Parrot (Not Visible, I'll add a screenshot later in combat)
    Pitbull Unit Frames 4.0
    Postal
    Prat
    RatingBuster
    Raven
    RSA - Raeli's Spell Announcer
    Shared Media
    Skada
    SL Data Text (Modified to also show Date seperate to time)
    tekJunkSeller
    TipTac
    xLoot
    xLoot Group
    xLoot Master
    xLoot Monitor

10+ Year Old Account
    what's updated/changed in this pack then Towlliee?
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2010-11-09 at 02:01 AM.