15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    NFL.com Link

Tomorrow, the Ravens are planning to work out QB's Dennis Dickson and .... Kyle Boller.

No, that's not a typo. I think I need to change my underwear.
    The Ravens should bring back Troy Smith imo. I loved that guy. I wish he wouldn't have gotten hurt in 2007-08. He showed signs of real potential, got hurt, got replaced by Flacco. Sad day. Probably my favorite low budget QB to have on Madden back in the day.

One week and a day until draft. Wooo. Irrationally psyched to watch that for three straight days.

The new Steelers throw back jersey is just awful.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I do feel pretty good about Bears chances this year especially after seeing that schedule. Playing the AFC South and the NFC West which are I would say the worst 2 divisions in all of football, as they only have 2 solid teams Houston and San Fran. Everybody else is pretty bad. At least on paper so far. NFL always changes though.

We get to be the 1st team to "welcome" Andrew Luck into the NFL which should be fun to watch
    Getting the NFC West and the AFC South this year is going to be just super for the Bears and Lions. Lions bonus games are against Atlanta and Philly, both winnable. Chicago got Dallas and Carolina which should be good for the Bears. Good shot for the three not awful NFC North teams to make the playoffs this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    We get to be the 1st team to "welcome" Andrew Luck into the NFL which should be fun to watch
    reminds me of '09 when the Saints got to face Stafford making his first start, Kolb making his first, Sanchez making his fourth , & Freeman making his third

this year its the Griffin III welcome wagon

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet Jesus, those Steeler throwbacks are horrible. Looks like a giant bumble bee ... or a Steeler-themed prison uniform.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Sweet Jesus, those Steeler throwbacks are horrible. Looks like a giant bumble bee ... or a Steeler-themed prison uniform.
    proof that football uniforms of old were not very pretty, and for some silly reason i cant figure out why the steelers keep wanting to bring it back (as they did it the 90s)

I liked the '67 unis of gold helmet and black jersey, and white pants, its not the prettiest, but it still fits pretty well.

Uniform crimes that come to mind:

-seahawks green from mid/late 2000s
    -Buccaneers creampop
    -broncos brown and goldish yellow
    -philly throwback of yellow and baby blue
    -(personal) i shudder at the redskins gold domes
    -throwback packers were.....discouraging
    -jets throwbacks of Dark blue and gold are ok
    -saints gold jersey...it doesnt work for me
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bears throwback was terrible I think it might be Steeler's I remember watching the game thou.

Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-04-19 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Bears throwback was terrible
    [IMG]http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/d8617059abfadb57eec0ff48072fa638.jpg[IMG]
    Looks like a Steeler.

Bears throwback was terrible
    yeah old steelers back from their 90's celebration
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Getting the NFC West and the AFC South this year is going to be just super for the Bears and Lions. Lions bonus games are against Atlanta and Philly, both winnable. Chicago got Dallas and Carolina which should be good for the Bears. Good shot for the three not awful NFC North teams to make the playoffs this year.
    As a 49er's and Ravens fan who watched more NFCW games than not being in North Idaho, the NFCW should be on the rise, the Cards have a decent team without a real QB, the Seahawks actually have some damn decent players on the team, but not coached incredibly well. The 49ers are a few botched special teams plays away from the Super Bowl with an QB in training who will blow away Smith as soon as next season.

The AFCS however, dear god, what a mess.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Conscript is it true that most people from the UP are mostly Packer fans instead of Lions fans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    As a 49er's and Ravens fan who watched more NFCW games than not being in North Idaho, the NFCW should be on the rise, the Cards have a decent team without a real QB, the Seahawks actually have some damn decent players on the team, but not coached incredibly well. The 49ers are a few botched special teams plays away from the Super Bowl with an QB in training who will blow away Smith as soon as next season.

The AFCS however, dear god, what a mess.
    Yeah I don't particularly think the NFC west is gonna be a cakewalk this year. I think Seattle made a huge mistake not resigning David Hawthrone though. Seattle also has a hard schedule this year, least the first half.

Deleted
    Sorry the NFCW is still gonna suck for a few more years. Decent rosters yeah, but noname QB's across the line.

[/COLOR]Tweet by Evan Silva, Senior NFL Editor for Rotoworld, writer for NBC Sports & Profootballtalk.com.

Has a '1st round pick' every done so bad in workouts that he's completely fallen out of the draft before? lol That'd be crazy if he ends up being a UFA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Sorry the NFCW is still gonna suck for a few more years. Decent rosters yeah, but noname QB's across the line.
    I thought SF did a good job of showing the world that you don't need a premier quarterback to be successful.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Conscript is it true that most people from the UP are mostly Packer fans instead of Lions fans?
    Ya. Most of the upper peninsula is more an offshoot of Wisconsin than a part of Michigan. Wisconsin, Green Bay, Milwaukee, etc. are all bigger up there than the Detroit based teams, Michigan or Michigan State. All those teams are way closer than the Michigan teams that are all in the bottom third part of the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I don't think so. 49ers already look better on paper than last year and they were 2nd string. I haven't been following the cards or the rams at all really though. I could go more in depth about Seattle if you wish, but my guess is a 9-7 season.

Thats before the draft, so things can change a bit depending on what positions they pick up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the 9ers are going to do as good this year as they where last year. Now that defenses will have a proper off season and preseason I think they will see how to deal with Alex Smith again same goes for the turn over machine Cam Newton. The NFC west is terrible just like the AFC west thou AFC west is better esp now with Manning. 49er's schedule Packers,Lions,Jets, and Giants all in the first 6 weeks then followed by Bears,Saints,Pats there non conference schedule is pretty tuff thou there still in a weak division so they should make the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the 49ers going 13-3 again, but I see them still making the playoffs. Skar, don't forget, the 9ers had one of the top defenses in the league and you can easily make an argument for the best. Sure it slightly depends on which Alex Smith shows up, but if he shows old Alex again, I am fairly certain that if Harbaugh has faith in Kaepernick that he'll yank Smith for the much more dynamic Kaep. Plus they will have some more WR's that can actually catch the ball.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I don't see the 49ers going 13-3 again, but I see them still making the playoffs. Skar, don't forget, the 9ers had one of the top defenses in the league and you can easily make an argument for the best. Sure it slightly depends on which Alex Smith shows up, but if he shows old Alex again, I am fairly certain that if Harbaugh has faith in Kaepernick that he'll yank Smith for the much more dynamic Kaep. Plus they will have some more WR's that can actually catch the ball.
    Yeah they should probably make the playoff's like I mentioned but I don't see them like they where last year. As far as defense goes the 4 best teams last year had the worst defense's in the league really the only good teams to have any kind of defense was the 9ers,ravens,and lions.

15+ Year Old Account
    The anonymous scout coming out and saying RG3 is a selfish player and an entitled person is pretty hilarious. That is the most ridiculous load of shit ever lol. Ya he is a real selfish, me first, entitled person. That is why he busted his ass to finish his bachelor's early, with a 3.7, and was working on his master's degree at Baylor. What a joke. I loved how every tv show and radio show I saw today danced around the source without actually saying who it was. "It was someone with a vendetta against the guy" or "it was a character assassination move not even to try and sink his draft stock since it is locked in place" Everyone knows exactly what team this scout works for. Cleveland. That franchise is still bitter about Washington getting the trade down with St Louis. They whined about it for weeks after the trade was done about how it wasn't fair that they didn't get the chance to get in a final offer before the Rams accepted Washington's package. Sour grapes from a terrible fucking franchise. So now that they have no shot at RG3 and they know Washington isn't going to pass on him they decide to leak crap to the media. Best part is though, if that is the worst the can leak the kid must be a fucking stellar person and player. Usually you see teams leak Wondelric scores but Griffin's must not have been embarrassing at all. Interviews at the combine must have went well since nothing from there was leaked. To try and damage the kid they leaked that he was selfish and entitled, something laughed off by every other scout and NFL personnel guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I thought SF did a good job of showing the world that you don't need a premier quarterback to be successful.
    John Clayton ran the numbers and found that over the last 10 years when a team with a Pro Bowl caliber QB plays a team without one, the better QB wins about 80% of the time. No way they go 13-3 again. Games at GB, Jets, NE, and NO. Their own division is improving from putrid to mediocre. Still very likely winning their division, but I doubt a number one seed is in the cards this year.