Mike Wallace doesn't deserve the contract he wants. He's simply not good enough to warrant the pay of Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and continue to play with a perennial playoff team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Mike Wallace doesn't deserve the contract he wants. He's simply not good enough to warrant the pay of Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and continue to play with a perennial playoff team.
    Is that really the type of money he is looking for? BRB laughing my nuts off. Wallace has shown he deserves a decent contract, but he isn't on that level at all.

I was skeptical of you saying that, upon looking it up though, damn. He is really looking for trouble if he thinks he's worth a Fitzgerald sized contract. Im not even sure the steelers have ever been willing to sign someone for that kind of money. Wallace will definitely be shown the door in the end if he starts making demands and making trouble for one of the most steadfast and determined franchises in the League.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

That quote was taken completely out of context, and a lot in the Pittsburgh media have expressed this. They're saying he said something closer to "it'll take Fitzgerald money to take me away from Pittsburgh." But his agent is a dick, so he's letting this run rampant to try and squeeze a few extra dollars out of the Steelers for his client, but he'll sign a deal that's worth around 6 year, 50 - 55 million.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...132809931.html
    Bills are looking into a Division 3 QB.

Video from the article:

Pretty damn accurate.

Throwing the ball 50+ yards, hitting goal posts sequentially? No wonder he's getting a look.

Also has stats you'd expect an NFL rookie to have coming out of a conference like that (40+ TD's, etc).
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-05-07 at 03:22 AM.

make those throws with vince wilfork of NE hunting you down or Bart Scott trying to eat your soul (ok lol too far) and ill buy in. He's good, but put stress on him and see how capable he is then.

edit: says he also turned down an offer to go to the rookie camp with pittsburgh in favor of Buffalo's camp. I can see why he'd look there with Amish Rocket being sorta inconsistent. Big Ben is pretty well entrenched. The way i see it, it looks like he'll take a chance at a starting job in buffalo rather than wait 8 years and maybe never see the field in pittsburgh(assuming he makes the cut anywhere) but have a chance at a super bowl ring(maybe).
    Last edited by Logonov; 2012-05-07 at 04:26 AM.
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anthony Hargrove's signed statement about the "bounty" http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--do...-joe-vitt.html

Considering the nature of what was going on, I would be inclined to believe Hargrove's statement. I don't think it really makes a difference though anyway, we knew it was going down and it was being facilitated by higher people.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

T.O. and 3 of his babies' mama's will appear on Dr. Phil. The man really does have no shame.

NFL.com Link

From the world of I-Kinda-Just-Assumed-That, former Saints DE Anthony Hargrove says he was told to lie to the NFL about the bounty system.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Anthony Hargrove's signed statement about the "bounty" http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--do...-joe-vitt.html

Considering the nature of what was going on, I would be inclined to believe Hargrove's statement. I don't think it really makes a difference though anyway, we knew it was going down and it was being facilitated by higher people.
    lol How did I not see this when I posted?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    BaltimoreSun.com Link

LB Terrell Suggs had surgery on his torn achilles. Apparently, the damage wasn't as bad as previously thought and he could be back as early as 4 - 6 months. o.o He can begin rehabbing in 2 weeks. Huge news for the Ravens.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    BaltimoreSun.com Link

LB Terrell Suggs had surgery on his torn achilles. Apparently, the damage wasn't as bad as previously thought and he could be back as early as 4 - 6 months. o.o He can begin rehabbing in 2 weeks. Huge news for the Ravens.
    Yea that is big news for them I didn't think it was all doom and gloom for them anyways there a solid team and they don't have one superstar carrying there team.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    BaltimoreSun.com Link

how is this news? every media outlet said it was gonna be 4-6 months recovery
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    how is this news? every media outlet said it was gonna be 4-6 months recovery
    Because some media said he could be out all of next season.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    USFL is making a comeback lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/usfl-re...1375--nfl.html

reminds me of the other "competition" from recent years... anyone remember the XFL?
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    USFL is making a comeback lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/usfl-re...1375--nfl.html

reminds me of the other "competition" from recent years... anyone remember the XFL?
    Huh, I don't really get it. So it would kind of be like a minor league football then? I guess that would be cool, I mean, football year-round is like my dream. I like some of the cities for picking too. However, it seems they would be allowing NFL players to play in it, so it's not really a minor league?

10+ Year Old Account
    the NFL has lacked a D League since NFL Europe folded, so it could be interesting... no LA team? zzzzzzzzz nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    the NFL has lacked a D League since NFL Europe folded, so it could be interesting... no LA team? zzzzzzzzz nevermind
    pretty much this is an example of what they need to do. Get to the markets where the NFL isnt. Come on all that talent pouring out from USC and no LA team?

Good choices in other areas as the bible belt is a hotbed for talent. The BosWash area has no mentioned sites and i think that would be a good target area just from population standpoint.

They just need to stick with "football in the spring" campaign like before and itll be fun. USFL was great, not what the NFL is but it'd be fun.
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see hit happening for sure. Football is king in the U.S and it doesn't have a D league for players besides Arena football and that isn't quite the same. I too like the cities that they are choosing from there not big market areas but there big enough to support something like the USFL.

Don't see it happening. I hate to draw the parallel, but the NFL is a lot like WoW in that it contains everything most people that follow American Football want to see. Barring any drastic, completey game-altering changes, nothing else is going to be able to compete unless it's for a niche market.

10+ Year Old Account
    by your analogy it would work, unless WoW is the only MMO in existence