My early season predictions subject to change with injuries and such

AFC: Dont see there being much turnover in terms of which teams get in, I expect it to be mostly the same teams witch a changeup in the seedings
    1st) Houston Texans
    2nd) Baltimore Ravens
    3rd) New England Patriots
    4th) Denver Broncos
    5th) Pittsburgh Steelers
    6th) San Diego Chargers

NFC: I see changes in the NFC East and cant picture the Saints doing well with all the crap they have to deal with.
    1st) Green Bay Packers
    2nd) Philadelphia Eagles
    3rd) San Francisco 49ers
    4th) Atlanta Falcons
    5th) Chicago Bears
    6th) Dallas Cowboys

Two teams from the NFC East and neither are the Giants? Let me check something. Are Tony Romo, Jerry Jones, Mike Vick, and Andy Reid still involved in this division? Yep. I think the Giants should be fine.

Eagles are going to flop. It'll be between the Cowboys and Giants again, but I think the 'Boys will come out on top with a strengthened defense.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Two teams from the NFC East and neither are the Giants? Let me check something. Are Tony Romo, Jerry Jones, Mike Vick, and Andy Reid still involved in this division? Yep. I think the Giants should be fine.
    Romo has been a starter since 2006. In that time Dallas has won the division twice, Philly has won the division twice, New York has won the division twice. I think everybody is capable of taking the NFC East besides Washington. I just dont think it will be the Giants again this year esp after losing Manningham, Jacobs, and Ballard. But mostly because of how wildly inconsistent Eli Manning is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

AFC: Dont see there being much turnover in terms of which teams get in, I expect it to be mostly the same teams witch a changeup in the seedings
    1st) Houston Texans
    2nd) Baltimore Ravens
    4th) Denver Broncos
    5th) Pittsburgh Steelers
    6th) San Diego Chargers

NFC: I see changes in the NFC East and cant picture the Saints doing well with all the crap they have to deal with.
    1st) Green Bay Packers
    2nd) Philadelphia Eagles
    3rd) San Francisco 49ers
    4th) Atlanta Falcons
    5th) Chicago Bears
    6th) Dallas Cowboys
    AFC
    1st)Patriots 14-2
    2nd) Baltimore 13-3
    3rd)Houston 11-5
    4th) Denver 11-5
    5th) Pittsburgh 11-5
    6th) Buffalo Bills 10-6
    NFC
    1st)Chicago 13-3
    2nd) Philly 13-3
    3rd) San Francisco 12-4
    4th) Carolina Panthers 9-7
    5th) Green Bay Packers 13-3
    6th) Seattle Seahawks 10-6

That is only five teams of the annual six that change but close enough. For the NFC East I just don't buy the Cowboys until they prove it on the field as a defense and I don't buy the Giants who never should have made the playoffs last year. As bad as Philly looked at times they absolutely still should have and would have won that division if their receivers and Ronnie Brown didn't literally fumble and drop away three of the first five games. They have shored up their defense and their offense is only going to get better.

10+ Year Old Account

1st) Houston Texans
    2nd) Baltimore Ravens
    4th) Denver Broncos
    5th) Pittsburgh Steelers
    6th) San Diego Chargers

1st) Green Bay Packers
    2nd) Philadelphia Eagles
    3rd) San Francisco 49ers
    4th) Atlanta Falcons
    5th) Chicago Bears
    6th) Dallas Cowboys
    I agree with the NFC pretty much. I think it's going to be a close race between Packers and Bears. For the first time in a few years? I actually look forward to a Bears Packers game now that there is an actually chance of winning. Both teams look strong and similar on paper.
    Can't wait to see if the Bears offense can create numbers now that they have the tools.. (expect solid Oline) My only concern is Webb at LT.

I think it's going to be a hard race between Cowgirls, Giants and Eagles, but I think Eagles pull it off tbh. Sure they had a dream team last season on paper, but now that they have worked more toghter I think they can pull it off.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree with Conscript on who gets in the playoffs this go around, I can see the records going a bit differently, for example: I don't see the NFCS being taken at 9-7. I also can see the Ravens not going as well as you have them out to be, but still taking the division.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

You doubt the Giants at your own risk. I think the Eagles with all that talent on paper, might not even make the playoffs. They don't play well together, they don't utilize their best weapon (McCoy) nearly enough, and Andy Reid is a terrible coach.

AFC:
    NE 13-3
    Balt- 12-4
    Houston- 12-4
    Den- 10-6
    Pitt-11-5
    Buff- 10-6

NFC:
    GB- 12-4
    SF- 12-4
    Atl- 11-5
    NYG- 10-6
    Chi- 11-5
    Dallas- 10-6
    Last edited by buck008; 2012-07-24 at 04:15 PM.

I really wish the NFL would adopt a rule similar to the NBA's playoff rule where just because you didnt win your division doesnt mean you automatically dont get home field advantage in the 1st round. For example the 8-8 Denver Broncos had home field against the 12-4 Pittsburgh Steelers last year. It doesnt feel fair to me.

I really wish the NFL would adopt a rule similar to the NBA's playoff rule where just because you didnt win your division doesnt mean you automatically dont get home field advantage in the 1st round. For example the 8-8 Denver Broncos had home field against the 12-4 Pittsburgh Steelers last year. It doesnt feel fair to me.
    That annoyed the hell out of me too. Same with the Seahawks the year before. I also believe the Falcons (Best Record I believe) should have been able to play the Seahawks (Worst Record) rather than the Bears getting to play them.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-07-24 at 10:49 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weeden signed his deal with the Browns today... not sure if I should be excited about that or not... 3-yead contract, all the speculation I had read before said he was holding out for a 4-year agreement...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Shouldn't a 12-4 team have no problems with an 8-8 team, though? also an 8-8 team with a losing record at home, I might add

How is it fair to give the statistically better team a better chance to win, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Shouldn't a 12-4 team have no problems with an 8-8 team, though? also an 8-8 team with a losing record at home, I might add

How is it fair to give the statistically better team a better chance to win, anyways?
    Because the better record deserves the home field advantage, it can have a significant impact in a game. I wish they'd go off record more than winning the division. Its not Pittsburgh's fault they play with Baltimore who is also really good.

Because the better record deserves the home field advantage, it can have a significant impact in a game. I wish they'd go off record more than winning the division. Its not Pittsburgh's fault they play with Baltimore who is also really good.
    So the statistically better team should have a higher chance of winning, always? What's the point of the playoffs then, to see if there's a little team that could?

You could make a strong case for either side. Win the division next time and the Steelers won't have to worry about it.

By the way, Pittsburgh had a pretty easy schedule last year. The only tough games they had were 2 against Baltimore, at Houston, at Frisco, and NE at home. They lost four of those five. Beat the Ravens once and they win the division. I have no sympathy for them. If you manage to win a division in the NFL, even a mediocre one, you deserve a reward in that home game. My only exception is if you manage to win with a 7-9 record, then it's ridiculous to let a team with a losing record into the postseason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    So the statistically better team should have a higher chance of winning, always? What's the point of the playoffs then, to see if there's a little team that could?
    then what's the point of a regular season if success there merits no playoff advantages?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    then what's the point of a regular season if success there merits no playoff advantages?
    Whats the point of divisions then if winning your division merits no home field advantage over a team that couldn't manage to win theirs? Personally I am all for scrapping the division set up altogether in every sport. There is almost never a fair spread of quality teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pats sign Visanthe Shiancoe to a one-year deal.

Guess New England is the Yankees of the NFL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pats sign Visanthe Shiancoe to a one-year deal.

Guess New England is the Yankees of the NFL.
    They are apparently going to start running three TE passing sets or something lol. That right there is a ridiculously good group of TEs PLUS they finally managed to add a deep threat in Brandon Lloyd. Moral of the story, if you don't draft Tom Brady as the #1-3 pick in your fantasy league you're an idiot. This certainly looks like it is going to be another one of those 5,000 yard, 50 TD, 3 INT seasons. And the sad part is they are going to need every single one of those points because they added absolutely nothing to the worst passing defense in the AFC this offseason. So grats New England on the top ranked offense and the last ranked defense and still a record somewhere between 16-0 and 13-3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    They are apparently going to start running three TE passing sets or something lol. That right there is a ridiculously good group of TEs PLUS they finally managed to add a deep threat in Brandon Lloyd. Moral of the story, if you don't draft Tom Brady as the #1-3 pick in your fantasy league you're an idiot. This certainly looks like it is going to be another one of those 5,000 yard, 50 TD, 3 INT seasons. And the sad part is they are going to need every single one of those points because they added absolutely nothing to the worst passing defense in the AFC this offseason. So grats New England on the top ranked offense and the last ranked defense and still a record somewhere between 16-0 and 13-3.
    Well, it is a pass-happy, offense-heavy league nowadays. I don't think the Pats are going to be as good as people think though. Maybe it's just my hopes. I like to see the underdogs do well, and the Pats have been at the top long enough.