15+ Year Old Account
    Super bored so I went game by game to determine my official predictions for the year. Here they are with predicted records. Division winners in bold, wild cards in italics:
    AFC East:
    New England 14-2
    Buffalo 10-6
    New York 8-8
    Miami 3-13
    AFC South:
    Houston 13-3
    Indy 5-11
    Tennessee 4-12
    Jacksonville 3-13
    AFC North:
    Baltimore 13-3
    Pittsburgh 10-6
    Cincinnati 7-9
    Cleveland 1-15
    AFC West:
    Denver 11-5
    Kansas City 9-7
    Oakland 6-10
    San Diego 5-11
    NFC East:
    Philadelphia 11-5
    Dallas 8-8
    New York 8-8
    Washington 6-10
    NFC South:
    New Orleans 12-4
    Carolina 10-6
    Atlanta 10-6
    Tampa Bay 3-13
    NFC North:
    Green Bay 13-3
    Chicago 12-4
    Detroit 11-5
    Minnesota 4-10
    NFC West:
    San Fransisco 13-3
    Seattle 10-6
    Arizona 2-14
    St Louis 1-15
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-01 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Super bored so I went game by game to determine my official predictions for the year. Here they are with predicted records. Division winners in bold, wild cards in italics:
    What games do you have 49ers and NE losing?

Also, 10-6 and not making the playoffs, thats what I expect from the NFC this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Arizona 2-14? You realize they went 8-8 last year after starting 2-6, right?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    What games do you have 49ers and NE losing?

Also, 10-6 and not making the playoffs, thats what I expect from the NFC this year.
    New England losing back to back against Houston and San Fran. San Fran losing to Green Bay, Chicago, and Seattle on the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    New England losing back to back against Houston and San Fran. San Fran losing to Green Bay, Chicago, and Seattle on the road.
    Yeah, maybe.

Also, cuts happen in 25 minutes. I have a feeling I will be slightly disappointed in one way or another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Arizona 2-14? You realize they went 8-8 last year after starting 2-6, right?
    Ya but they have looked absolutely abysmal in the preseason. Both Kolb and Skelton looked bad. I could see them winning a couple more games. I have them splitting with St Louis and beating Minnesota. They could beat the Dolphins as well and maybe the Jets. Their schedule is just brutal though. They have four losses to San Fran and Seattle in division(4 losses). The play the NFC North which I think has three double digit win teams (7 losses). They play the AFC East where I think they will get destroyed by New England and Buffalo and beat by the Jets since it is late enough in the year for the Jets to have figured out their offensive woes (10 losses). They play Atlanta and Philly in their two bonus games (13 losses). I just don't see more room than for four wins under the best circumstance. Their run at the end of last year had only two real "quality" wins against San Fran and Philly. Their other wins were St Louis x2, Seattle, Cleveland, and a Dallas team falling apart like crazy. Their average margin of victory in those games was 3.4. Their defense carried their incredibly awful offense that averaged a shade over 20 points in those wins. I just don't see that happening again against a much better run of teams.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:38 PM ----------

Yeah, maybe.

Also, cuts happen in 25 minutes. I have a feeling I will be slightly disappointed in one way or another.
    Oh ya and the Seattle 10-6 was a total homer pick by me. I had the Bears, Lions, and Seattle at 11-5 initially with Seattle and Chicago getting in but switched my Chicago/Seattle game pick to knock Seattle out and put Detroit in lol.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:40 PM ----------

Yeah, maybe.

Kris Durham, Deon Butler, OL Paul Fanaika, LB Allen Bradford, LB Korey Toomer are the rumored cuts so far for Seattle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya but they have looked absolutely abysmal in the preseason. Both Kolb and Skelton looked bad. I could see them winning a couple more games. I have them splitting with St Louis and beating Minnesota. They could beat the Dolphins as well and maybe the Jets. Their schedule is just brutal though. They have four losses to San Fran and Seattle in division(4 losses). The play the NFC North which I think has three double digit win teams (7 losses). They play the AFC East where I think they will get destroyed by New England and Buffalo and beat by the Jets since it is late enough in the year for the Jets to have figured out their offensive woes (10 losses). They play Atlanta and Philly in their two bonus games (13 losses). I just don't see more room than for four wins under the best circumstance. Their run at the end of last year had only two real "quality" wins against San Fran and Philly. Their other wins were St Louis x2, Seattle, Cleveland, and a Dallas team falling apart like crazy. Their average margin of victory in those games was 3.4. Their defense carried their incredibly awful offense that averaged a shade over 20 points in those wins. I just don't see that happening again against a much better run of teams.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:38 PM ----------

Oh ya and the Seattle 10-6 was a total homer pick by me. I had the Bears, Lions, and Seattle at 11-5 initially with Seattle and Chicago getting in but switched my Chicago/Seattle game pick to knock Seattle out and put Detroit in lol.
    Our average losses were very close to. Only the Vikings, Steelers, and the 49ers the first time beat us by more than one possession. The Giants we were actually up by about 2 TDs but blew the game. I watched almost every game and they all came down to the wire, to the point where if we would have won one more game we would have had a playoff spot. We only lost to the ravens by 3 points as well, granted the ravens are as spotty as the cowboys last season.

10+ Year Old Account

Kris Durham, Deon Butler, OL Paul Fanaika, LB Allen Bradford, LB Korey Toomer are the rumored cuts so far for Seattle.
    Lol. I see Detroit doing alright this year.

I'm really pumped for the NE Seattle game though. A team that can actually challenge our defense early on.

None of those cuts really shock me yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why are the Seattle Seahawks seemingly to be hailed as the second coming?

15+ Year Old Account
    Our average losses were very close to. Only the Vikings, Steelers, and the 49ers the first time beat us by more than one possession. The Giants we were actually up by about 2 TDs but blew the game. I watched almost every game and they all came down to the wire, to the point where if we would have won one more game we would have had a playoff spot. We only lost to the ravens by 3 points as well, granted the ravens are as spotty as the cowboys last season.
    If their defense can hold them in every game like last year they will be better than what I have them at. I'm just willing to bet they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    If their defense can hold them in every game like last year they will be better than what I have them at. I'm just willing to bet they don't.
    Yeah nobody ever does, I should be used to it by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Their defense should be great/very good. I am a big fan of their depth at receiver and RB. Their lines are good and I just think Russell Wilson has "it." I hate the Badgers pretty seriously, but he is a very smart QB with his throws, is incredibly mobile, and unlike some mobile QBs (Tebow) can actually deliver on the run. If he was three inches taller he is the third QB off the board this draft but because of his perceived height issues (despite having almost no tipped passes at the line last year) he dropped below Tannehill who should be okay and Weeden who I am not buying into at all.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:55 PM ----------

Yeah nobody ever does, I should be used to it by now.
    Its a damn shame they don't have a solid QB since the Kolb acquisition completely flamed out to this point. They have the second best receiver in football and I think Floyd is going to be another incredibly solid receiver. Williams and Wells is a great RB combination. Maybe Kolb will suddenly figure it out and turn into the QB they are paying him to be. Or they start Lindley who I wouldn't be surprised at all to see be the starter at some point this year and he ends up being more successful than Skelton and Kolb.

Conscript... the Giants at 8-8 and not even in the playoffs? Philly at 11-5? Come on. If Vick was 100% and played all 16 games, I don't see the Eagles winning 11 games. That defense is vastly overrated, and since Jim Johnson passed, it had gotten steadily worse. There are pretty good reasons that team struggled offensively last year as well, and the decaying corpse of Vick is only part of it. Plus, you know, Andy Reid. I'm also waaaaay lower on the NFC South than you guys seem to be. I think New Orleans is a mess, but wins by default because Atlanta is a flawed team but a decent one, and Carolina just isn't there yet.

I'm not doing the whole league but:
    Packers, Niners, Saints, and Giants as division winners. Any two of the Bears, Lions, Seattle, and Atlanta wouldn't surprise me. I'll say Bears and Falcons. The Falcons usually manage to make the playoffs, but they'll get bounced in the first round again.

Patriots, Houston, Baltimore, Denver as division winners. And the AFC is boring this year. The wildcards will probably be Pittsburgh and maybe San Diego or Buffalo. I can't see SD being as bad as they were last year, but maybe they were just exposed. I can't even be excited about a Buffalo pick since they still have friggin Fitzpatrick at QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, they haven't shown us anything to get hyped about. Their O line is not great, and when your greatest offensive weapon is one of the best WR's in the league currently and you can't get the ball off to him its doesn't look good.

To be fair a lot of that is me around here.

Its because they have a LOT of young talent. Their defensive depth is great. Their second and third strings still holding 3 and outs. Gigantic corners to battle the gigantic WR's teams have now. Nasty safeties and a developing pass rush (Irvin has come a long way from the first game. He played the entire game last night and did well.) Thats pretty much carrying over from last year and improving on it.

Offense has a lot going for it too, but a lot of it is rookies or questionable performers (Mainly Sidney Rice and Braylon Edwards). Tom Cable is a great offensive line coach and really has shaped this line very well in a proper off season. Robert Turbin is INSANE. I actually drafted him on my fantasy team I have so much faith in him. With Lynch backing him up who is rumored to be much more faster and stronger than last year (getting multiple 60+ yard runs in practice) I think our run game is something to really not fuck around with.

As I said before, TE depth looks very nice this year. Lots of plays to them last night. Lots of good plays. Our special teams also look good but I have no clue who will be punt returner. Leon Washington is the incumbent, I'm pretty sure Golden Tate was filling in because he had an injury in practice.

Richardo Lockette cut to practice squad by Seattle. Not surprising. A lot of blogs said he didn't handle the competition well.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-09-01 at 01:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Conscript... the Giants at 8-8 and not even in the playoffs? Philly at 11-5? Come on. If Vick was 100% and played all 16 games, I don't see the Eagles winning 11 games. That defense is vastly overrated, and since Jim Johnson passed, it had gotten steadily worse. There are pretty good reasons that team struggled offensively last year as well, and the decaying corpse of Vick is only part of it. Plus, you know, Andy Reid. I'm also waaaaay lower on the NFC South than you guys seem to be. I think New Orleans is a mess, but wins by default because Atlanta is a flawed team but a decent one, and Carolina just isn't there yet.
    Philly was literally one dropped pass or one fumble by one of their receivers early in the year from being in the playoffs and the Giants being out. That is with all their injury trouble and their horrible defensive schemes. Their defense should improve this year. I still think their choice of a D Coord is fucking dumb as hell (seriously who hires an O-line coach to be your defensive coordinator?). Their LBs are much improved. If they stop screwing with Nnamdi's position their secondary will be much improved and their front four are great. If Vick is healthy that offense is dynamic. Is Vick is hurt their fucked. I assumed he would be healthy with my picks. The Andy Reid-ness won't hurt them until the playoffs. I didn't think the Giants were good last year, they managed to get hot at the right time and won the Super Bowl. I'm not buying the Cowboys at all ever again. Their coach is awful and the owner thinks he is a GM so the team is filled to the brim with headcases. I'll buy the Boys hype when the Boys win a playoff game.

As for the South, I'm putting my faith in Drew Brees just blowing it up this year. I like their additions on offense and their defense should be passable. I hate Atlanta with a passion and I don't think Carolina is there yet, although I am buying the Cam hype, their schedule is just pretty easy playing the AFC West, who I am not buying into outside of Denver and KC to a lesser extent, the East who I think is wildly mediocre outside of Philly and completely mediocre if Vick shatters again.

10+ Year Old Account
    NE cut C Dan Koppen, long time member. Shame, I always liked the O line guys from his time, Matt Light among them. Not all too sure about the O line NE has at the moment, they looked like they were having problems here and there. Brady was flat on his back against Tampa a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the Rams would go 1-15, it takes a lot of things going wrong for any team to do that poorly and just about everything went wrong last year and they still managed 2-14

and apparently the roof collapsed on the Vikings and they had to cancel a couple games there, since you have them at 4-10

10+ Year Old Account
    Josh Portis cut by Seattle is the only one that surprises me. Had to be for extra head room.

Also wow Seattle kept Jeremy Lane. He has a ton of potential. I see him as Brandon Browner a year back.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-09-01 at 02:08 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because of how good R.Wilson has been doing during the preseason.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 09:23 PM ----------

[QUOTE=conscript;18244100]Their defense should be great/very good. I am a big fan of their depth at receiver and RB. Their lines are good and I just think Russell Wilson has "it."I hate the Badgers pretty seriously, but he is a very smart QB with his throws, is incredibly mobile, and unlike some mobile QBs (Tebow) can actually deliver on the run. If he was three inches taller he is the third QB off the board this draft but because of his perceived height issues (despite having almost no tipped passes at the line last year) he dropped below Tannehill who should be okay and Weeden who I am not buying into at all.[COLOR="red"]

A Michigan man hating the Badgers...Nah couldn't be. I have always liked the Badgers their my favorite team in the Big 10 their usually small but play big.

---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I doubt the Rams would go 1-15, it takes a lot of things going wrong for any team to do that poorly and just about everything went wrong last year and they still managed 2-14

and apparently the roof collapsed on the Vikings and they had to cancel a couple games there, since you have them at 4-10
    I think Colin Cowherd has them like second in that division I pretty much /facepalmed I usually listen to Jim Rome at the time slot but he was out last week.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-09-01 at 02:25 AM.

I decided to waste some time and go through the schedule like you did, game by game to see what I came up with. Basically just went off a initial gut feeling on each game without knowing what anybody's record will be until all the games were finished. Anyways this is what I got I hope it adds up correctly.

(Playoff Teams in Bold)
    NFC NORTH
    Green Bay Packers (13-3)
    Chicago Bears (12-4)
    Detroit Lions (9-7)
    Minnesota Vikings (3-13)
    NFC EAST
    Dallas Cowboys (11-5)
    Philadelphia Eagles (10-6)
    New York Giants (8-8)
    Washington Redskins (5-11)
    NFC WEST
    San Francisco 49ers (9-7)
    Seattle Seahawks (9-7)
    Arizona Cardinals (6-10)
    St Louis Rams (4-12)
    NFC SOUTH
    Atlanta Falcons (12-4)
    Carolina Panthers (9-7)
    New Orleans Saints (8-8)
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12)
    AFC NORTH
    Baltimore Ravens (11-5)
    Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5)
    Cincinnati Bengals (7-9)
    Cleveland Browns (3-13)
    AFC EAST
    New England Patriots (14-2)
    Buffalo Bills (10-6)
    New York Jets (8-8)
    Miami Dolphins (5-11)
    AFC WEST
    Denver Broncos (11-5)
    San Diego Chargers (8-8)
    Oakland Raiders (7-9)
    Kansas City Chiefs (5-11)
    AFC SOUTH
    Houston Texans (11-5)
    Tennessee Titans (7-9)
    Indianapolis Colts (3-13)
    Jacksonsville Jaguars (3-13)

So somewhat different than Conscripts but I also have the Giants being 8-8 in this. I have their loses to Carolina, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas, Green Bay, Washington, Atlanta, Baltimore in that order.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-09-01 at 03:03 AM.