15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Snip
    You are really not buying the Chiefs hype lol.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It's a QB league and they have a mediocre one and a superstar reciever(with a superstar attitude). I'm sure they'll be alright, but they won't be able to keep up with SD and Denver's offenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeff Demps was placed on IR? Wow..

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see Seattle and my personal favorite, the 49'ers dueling it out for first, both teams a rather phenomenal talent on defense, and some potential rising stars on offense, Seattle got SMASHED by the injury bug on the oline last season, which as quite a few fans can tell you, is a bad thing to have happen.

If the 49ers stay as healthy as they did last year, they have a chance to run away with the division, but I don't see that kind of luck happening twice.

Whoever picks Baltimore to win the division is counting on a few things though, sure they do have a great defense still, but talk about an atrocious offensive line, the only guy who I would take on a team is Yanda, the right guard, who is a beast mind you, but when the best lineman you have is a guard, and the others would barely even scrape being a backup on any other winning team, I don't see that team making it very far, especially with a rather talented Bengals team in the division.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2012-09-01 at 06:17 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I will no longer argue in defense of my Giants until after the season. Anything else I say at this point will just be a jinx. I sincerely hope you guys don't have money on the Cowboys and Eagles actually living up to their potential and actually playing well for a full 16 games. I think both of those teams are good enough to be playoff teams, but find new ways to lose and hand over games constantly. They will lose a couple games they probably should have won, because they always do. Take those 10-11 wins you give them and knock it down to 8, 9, or 10 absolute max. This would be to adjust for bonehead plays, stupid coaching decisions, and games where they inexplicably choke away a win. Plus if you're betting on Vick staying healthy for 16 games, good luck to you.

Jibjabb, you also give the Falcons a lot of credit for being a team with a decent defense, a mediocre QB, an aging RB, and one receiver. I don't see them winning 12 games, even with a somewhat soft schedule. Nine wins for Frisco seems low, too.

Well the hardest thing with any prediction especially ones with record is predicting injuries. I can name about 15-20 players that if something happens to them I would drastically change the standings for that team. Vick is of course one of those players, I wouldnt say I expect him to play every snap but if its something like 14 games they should have a solid record overall, they finished strong at the end of last year so I am expecting them to continue off that production.

Giants have a pretty tough schedule other than Bucs, Browns, and possibly the Redskins every team they face is pretty formidable. I dont think they are bad I however cant see them surviving that many seemingly tough games with a overwhelmingly good record. 49ers and Packers I expect to get their revenge for getting eliminated in the postseason, maybe they wont who knows.

My predictions for Atlanta is partially because I dont think New Orleans can survive without their coaches and quite a few players that were important. I think it will prove to be too much to overcome, plus theres the whole they are hosting the super bowl jinx I believe. Atlanta also has to have a sense of urgency, they are constantly good but never great, somewhat similar to Dallas. I believe both teams take solid steps in the regular season to improve and avoid stepping on their own foot like they have in the past. Whether I think either will do anything in the playoffs I really cant say. Personally Packers/Bears are what I would say are the 2 most dangerous teams in the NFC and probably Patriots/Texans in the AFC (potentially Baltimore as well).

In San Frans case I had them losing to: Packers, Jets, Seahawks, Cardinals, Bears, Saints, Patriots. The Jets is more I think thats the kind of playstyle team the Jets want to play, one that isnt high scoring and defensive so they can play ball control/turnover game for a low scoring win using Tebow and their wildcat gameplan. Cardinals/Seahawks I think are dangerous conference foes for them, Cardinals even managed to beat them last year when SF had that great record so I dont expect either to get swept. The Saints game is in New Orleans which is hard for anyone and I think the Packers, Patriots, and Bears are just flat out better teams. NE/GB can simply score too much for them to keep up and the Bears while less capable offensively are still able to put up points while playing a much more stingent defense.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-09-01 at 07:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Jibjabb, you also give the Falcons a lot of credit for being a team with a decent defense, a mediocre QB, an aging RB, and one receiver. I don't see them winning 12 games, even with a somewhat soft schedule. Nine wins for Frisco seems low, too.
    I hate the Falcons mind you, but they certainly have more than one receiver, a great TE, and I think Burner ends up losing his job to Jaquizz Rodgers before the year is out. 12 might be high, but they should have double digit wins prior to their inevitable first round playoff collapse at home.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Falcons might have the best one two receivers in the league also I wouldn't call Matty Ice (that's for conscript lol) mediocre hes pretty good not great but pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forget Julio Jones and a Hall of Fame Tight End.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The problem with KC is for every game they're amazingly brilliant in there's 1-2 games where they are absolutely poor. Throw in a Chargers team that doesn't quite gel most of the time and an Oakland team that needs to forget about anything in the next 5 years while they rebuild from the ground up, and it's a one Donkey division.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see one prediction for Cleveland at 1-15, and another at 3-13. somehow, it still feels like you're overestimating their chances...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Cleveland is bad idk as a major sports city they have to be the most cursed and worst city out there as far as sports go. Indians stink, Browns stink, and Cavs stink I guess at least they can root for IDK Ohio State.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have on spot left open in our MMO-C fantasy league. Draft is tomorrow night at 6pm EST. Send me a PM if interested and I will send the first person to respond the league id and password on Yahoo. Need someone to join by tonight to lock the league so it sets up the draft and scoring starting this week.

Edit: Last spot taken again.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-01 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You forget Julio Jones and a Hall of Fame Tight End.
    Not forgetting. That HoF tight end is at the tail end of his career, and is maybe 75% of what he was. Jones had a really good rookie season, but there's always a sophomore drop off. Also, when Jones was very involved in the offense, Atlanta played worse.

Also, Matty Ice isn't good. There's a reason they've been a run first offense for the whole time he's been in the league. He shits the bed in big games too. You could do worse, but there aren't really any upgrades out there either. One more first round exit in the playoffs where he does nothing and Atlanta is drafting a QB though.

I also think Rodgers will likely be starting at RB by the end of the year, I just don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. It could be, but he's never been an NFL starter so it's a huge question mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not forgetting. That HoF tight end is at the tail end of his career, and is maybe 75% of what he was. Jones had a really good rookie season, but there's always a sophomore drop off. Also, when Jones was very involved in the offense, Atlanta played worse.

Also, Matty Ice isn't good. There's a reason they've been a run first offense for the whole time he's been in the league. He shits the bed in big games too. You could do worse, but there aren't really any upgrades out there either. One more first round exit in the playoffs where he does nothing and Atlanta is drafting a QB though.

I also think Rodgers will likely be starting at RB by the end of the year, I just don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. It could be, but he's never been an NFL starter so it's a huge question mark.
    Last year Matt Ryan had 29 TD's and 12 INT's with a 92 QB rating he is pretty solid. Those stats are about the same as Eli Manning with 4 less interceptions. Like I said hes not in the Brady,Rogers, and Brees greatness but he is in that 2nd tier with Romo,Eli,Stafford,Rivers thou if Stafford has another season like last year he will be in that first tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    #3 QBs are a dying breed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    #3 QBs are a dying breed
    I look forward to the first team having two QBs get injured in a game and ending up playing a WR at QB who has experience from high school or college lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    #3 QBs are a dying breed
    Greg McElroy, calling it, starting at least one game for the Jets.

10+ Year Old Account
    MJD is back in camp that will help out the fellow MMO-Champion fantasy football players.http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...holdout-sunday

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    MJD is back in camp that will help out the fellow MMO-Champion fantasy football players.http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...holdout-sunday
    Didn't read the story, but he isn't going to be starting week 1 apparently. Not necessarily a bad thing the way their backup has ran all preseason.