10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's game. 4-0 for the weekend, that doesn't happen to me.

Neazy, you can't really predict injuries, unless the player has a history of them. Just because the QB is a scrambler doesn't really tell you much. You see Russell Wilson is up and kicking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seattle wins but is anyone really impressed by them this game? They still look very average on the road. A healthy RG3 would've made this a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Neazy, you can't really predict injuries, unless the player has a history of them. Just because the QB is a scrambler doesn't really tell you much. You see Russell Wilson is up and kicking.
    Please. Everyone was saying RG3 is gonna get injured playing like he does. The difference between him and Wilson is that Wilson slides. RG3 didn't when he first injured that knee.

It's not like I'm happy about this. RG3 is awesome, sucks that he's gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    phew

I had to leave when the game was 14-3, nice to come back to 21 straight points

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I'm 3-0 for this weekend, I didn't really pick a winner between the Colts and Ravens. I like both teams and would be satisfied with the winning team. Now lets hope the Ravens rip apart the Broncos next week, and the Texans do the same to the Patriots.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh... 4-0 on picks. Cool I guess.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Please. Everyone was saying RG3 is gonna get injured playing like he does. The difference between him and Wilson is that Wilson slides. RG3 didn't when he first injured that knee.

It's not like I'm happy about this. RG3 is awesome, sucks that he's gone.
    RG3 seems to play how Michael Vick does. I haven't seen many of the Redskins games this season, but from this game, and last weeks game, RG3 plays like he is immune to injury. Vick got drilled so many times this year trying to make a play happen, and well he ended up getting hurt by doing that. That is also how RG3 seems to play, in my opinion

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post
    RG3 seems to play how Michael Vick does. I haven't seen many of the Redskins games this season, but from this game, and last weeks game, RG3 plays like he is immune to injury. Vick got drilled so many times this year trying to make a play happen, and well he ended up getting hurt by doing that. That is also how RG3 seems to play, in my opinion
    I think RG3 plays smarter than Vick, but he's much closer to Vick's style of play than Wilson's.

15+ Year Old Account
    So how bout them Seahawks? How does Atlanta beat them next week? Atlanta can't run the ball. They can't stop the run. The Seahawks have the best secondary in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Sherman was thrown to once this game.

Man you already know how I feel about Atlanta. Seahawks going to the NFC championship game.

The rational part of my brain wants to pick the 9ers against the Packers (they're at home, their defense is still awesome), but I have to pick the Packers. I want to see Seahawks-Packers in the NFC championship. Just imagine, a week of replaying the intertouchdownception on Sportscenter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck, Sherman got popped in the mouth after the game.

An absolute shame to not see RGIII finish that game. I got deja vu when kirk cousins came out on the field. it was like lolwut MSU vs wisconsin again?

Cousins also played well on those first few plays, looked sharp as the day he started a few weeks ago. The receivers however, looked out of tune with him and dropped catches they should have made. Pete and the seahawks were ready to handle the potential of cousins being on the field in the end.

Seahawks have a great chance next week if they just make sure wilson doesnt hold onto the ball for forever and a day, the skins gave a great defensive blueprint for controlling wilsons rollouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Small running QB's it's going to happen every time.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So how bout them Seahawks? How does Atlanta beat them next week? Atlanta can't run the ball. They can't stop the run. The Seahawks have the best secondary in the NFL.
    Seahawks can't throw the ball I mean it's pretty much they're downfall and that is a big downfall in the NFL this isn't your dads NFL anymore where running wins just look at last years super bowl teams they were last in rushing and last in defense but first in passing...
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-01-07 at 12:56 AM.

Seahawks can throw, they just don't need to. Look at his stats: 7.93 yards/throw, 2.6 TDs per INT, 64.1% completion for the season. All elite level stats. The only thing that's "low" is his total yards (3118), and that's because they can run the ball well so he doesn't need 40 attempts per game.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 3 rookie QBs entered the playoffs. One remains, and came back from a 0-14 deficit.

I don't think you can debate this at all anymore.

Deleted
    Shame that RG3 got injured so early. I'm sure the game would have been much different had RG3 been able to play at "full speed" for longer than a quarter. I was a bit dissapointed by the Seahawks, I thought they were slow and it took them forever to catch a simple 2 TD lead with the opposite side completely failing to move the ball after RG3 was crippled. The Falcons may actually have a chance next week, even if the Seahawks still are somewhat favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one of the rookie QBs is still around and I doubt anybody is surprised which one, but RGIII was doing well until his body started to decrepify

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    So 3 rookie QBs entered the playoffs. One remains, and came back from a 0-14 deficit.

I don't think you can debate this at all anymore.
    indeed

I'd look to the teams as a whole rather than at the QB to determine success or failure in the playoffs

not much Luck can do for his anemic special teams

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Seahawks can't throw the ball I mean it's pretty much they're downfall and that is a big downfall in the NFL this isn't your dads NFL anymore where running wins just look at last years super bowl teams they were last in rushing and last in defense but first in passing...
    I'm going to disagree. I think to win in the NFL you have to have an identity and stick to it. You need to be very very good at at least one thing. Seattle has two things. They run the ball better than almost anyone else, and their defense is fantastic. Atlanta has no running game that can keep Seattle from dropping a ton of people back into coverage every down. They'll be able to cover Tony Gonzalez with a nickel corner or a safety pretty consistently, which is not the mismatch he thrives on.

The rules do lend themselves well to a passing offense in this day and age, but that's only if you have the personnel to run that kind of offense. If you don't, you need to build an offense that your personnel can run. You need to do it well. The Niners were two muffed punts away from the Super Bowl last year with friggin Alex Smith. Teams get into trouble when they try to run the flavor of the month schemes without players that actually have those skills. Teams that know who they are, what they can do, and do it efficiently and well. Those are the teams that succeed.