Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I bet a lot of bandwagon Seahawk fans was crying but I think the true fans are thinking how good they will be the next 5 years.
    In the next 5 yrs we will be talking Luck winning his 2nd SB because he's learning how to be a qb (standup pocket passer). Running qbs are always fun to watch but always 1 snap away from a season ending injury. Kaepernick, Newton, Vick, Rg3, maybe Wilson, gonzo.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    In the next 5 yrs we will be talking Luck winning his 2nd SB because he's learning how to be a qb (standup pocket passer). Running qbs are always fun to watch but always 1 snap away from a season ending injury. Kaepernick, Newton, Vick, Rg3, maybe Wilson, gonzo.
    To be fair, Cam's held up for two years pretty well. I think RG3 just takes too many chances. Kaepernick only seems to run when he knows he wont get touched.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Luck is actually a decent runner himself if he needs to be. Is 0-40 time is pretty decent (IIRC) and is vertical is crazy. I would say in the next 5 years he will be the premier QB in the League baring injury or something crazy. Man colt's fans are lucky bastards getting Manning now Luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    To be fair, Cam's held up for two years pretty well. I think RG3 just takes too many chances. Kaepernick only seems to run when he knows he wont get touched.
    That and hes so quick that he can't be touched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    My point stands unaffected. The Ravens were in that superbowl, but they didn't win. That went to the Giants.
    The Ravens won the superbowl in 2001 34-7 over the Giants... Not sure what you're thinking about.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    The Ravens won the superbowl in 2001 34-7 over the Giants... Not sure what you're thinking about.
    Yeah I remember watching that game the Quaterback for the Giants was K. Collins if I remember and I remember rooting for the Ravens and my friend rooting for the Giants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    I have to also question your stats since the Falcons have been in and WON the super bowl

I'd really recommend getting facts straight
    I side with your point, but you just got every fact painfully wrong. Falcons were only in the superbowl once and lost to the broncos, ravens have also only been there once and beat the giants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Bowl_champions
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2013-01-15 at 12:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Luck is actually a decent runner himself if he needs to be. Is 0-40 time is pretty decent (IIRC) and is vertical is crazy. I would say in the next 5 years he will be the premier QB in the League baring injury or something crazy. Man colt's fans are lucky bastards getting Manning now Luck.
    If Luck can cut down on his gunslinger mentality he is going to be great. If he can't he will just have to be the next Favre. Oh darn...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Kaepernick and RG3 I worry about because they're lankier, Newton is generally bigger than the guys hitting him so I'm less worried, Wilson has shown a good instinct for getting down prior to contact, Vick gets hit more in the pocket than on the run these days

and Luck is pretty fast, his 40 time was only slightly longer than Newton's

I wouldn't be all that worried about Cam Newton getting hurt. He is literally one of a kind with his size and speed, plus his instinct is to pass first. Fun fact: he already has more seasons where he played all 16 games (2) than Michael Vick does (1) for their careers.

Wilson is very responsible at getting down before contact. He could probably eke out an extra couple yards on most of his runs but he slides instead. Not worried about him either.

Kaepernick takes some risks that could bite him in the ass one day. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses games due to an avoidable injury somewhere along the line.

Wilson IMO is going to be the best QB of all them after watching his poise in that Atlanta game being down that far and leading his team too literally inches of being in the next game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new quarterbacks in the NFL are going to be fantastic as a whole unless they get hurt. I think that Wilson, Kaepernick, and Luck are going to do the best out of them though, with the current talent on the teams, as well as how protection goes. RGIII is going to get hit a lot more often than the other two "running" quarterbacks due to both offensive line talent, as well as from what I have seen, he doesn't duck out of bounds or slide, and that is what I have seen both Wilson and Kaep do.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be interesting to watch them next year. Kaepernick has only played 9 games so we will see next year if he holds up under a full schedule. RG3 barely made it thought his first season. Seems like Wilson has the best chance if they can keep him in the pocket and throw away any running plays. Newton has won 13 games in 2 years. Who even knows whats up with Vick?

Opinion only; Aside from a occasional sneak. A qb should only run if there is blown coverage and the backfield is wide wide for a critical play. Last option on busted plays.

This is nothing new. I remember Randall Cunningham being proclaimed the "Quarterback of the Future". 3 years later and a ACL and he's out. And there has been nothing but standup qbs succeeding ever since and before. Which is why I like Luck.
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-01-15 at 05:53 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Newton won 13 games in 2 years with a dysfunctional team and coach. Out of all the new wave QBs he's in the most fucked up situation. Luck's situation is pretty bad too but the Colts had a really easy schedule this year and they won a lot of close games. I expect them to do worse next year but they should still be competitive for a wild card spot.

RG3 had a good but not great team thanks to Alfred Morris and some veterans with winning experience on his team like London Fletcher. Kaep and Wilson of course came up on the best situations by far. Both those teams had everything going for them except the QB position.

Opinion only; Aside from a occasional sneak. A qb should only run if there is blown coverage and the backfield is wide wide for a critical play. Last option on busted plays.
    Why? If you have players talented enough you should play to their strengths. Obviously Belichick won't be putting Brady in the pistol, and Harbaugh won't be telling Kaepernick to run the hurry up any time soon. Doesn't mean running QBs are bad or that the hurry-up is bad, just means that some teams can do it and some can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Novar
    Wilson IMO is going to be the best QB of all them after watching his poise in that Atlanta game being down that far and leading his team too literally inches of being in the next game.
    Agreed. He was so fucking poised and prepared. No INTs either. The only mistake he made was taking that sack at the end of the first half that resulted in them not getting even a field goal. Granted that wasn't all his fault, but he could have done more to prevent it.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-01-15 at 06:35 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Newton won 13 games in 2 years with a dysfunctional team and coach. Out of all the new wave QBs he's in the most fucked up situation. Luck's situation is pretty bad too but the Colts had a really easy schedule this year and they won a lot of close games. I expect them to do worse next year but they should still be competitive for a wild card spot.

RG3 had a good but not great team thanks to Alfred Morris and some veterans with winning experience on his team like London Fletcher. Kaep and Wilson of course came up on the best situations by far. Both those teams had everything going for them except the QB position.

Why? If you have players talented enough you should play to their strengths. Obviously Belichick won't be putting Brady in the pistol, and Harbaugh won't be telling Kaepernick to run the hurry up any time soon. Doesn't mean running QBs are bad or that the hurry-up is bad, just means that some teams can do it and some can't.
    It's just what everyones philosophy of what a qb should be. Mine is that a qb reads defs, calls plays, delivers the ball downfield or gives it to somehow who can run it. Of course they need some movement to buy time, but never a designed running play. The game is all about the qb and it's just too risky to have him out there with defenses hitting like they do these days. I can't think of a single qb that won a superbowl that was not a standup qb.

But I will say that they are exciting as hell to watch. Watching Wilson go throw a block at the goal line in that Washington(I think) game was amazing. RG3 is a beast when healthy. I am thinking SF will win the SB so maybe this is the year of the new breed of QB. idk
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-01-15 at 06:41 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Probably one of the best QB's of all time was a scrambler, Steve Young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Says the guy whose team also does it, as well as a shitton of colleges

I mean, come on, if you're gonna trash talk, at least do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Says the guy whose team also does it, as well as a shitton of colleges

I mean, come on, if you're gonna trash talk, at least do it right.
    Too many hits to the head man. NFL players can't talk shit anymore. Rappers do it better.

is this guy even a starter? when you talk against the patriots youre just adding fuel to their fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Tim Tebow was spotted working out in Phoenix. Insert like to the 1,000 stories saying he might be the next Cardinals QB here.

I hope he is spotted in London next and the rumor starts that they are going to build the London Knights around Tebow when they expand there soon.