10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I don't see them keeping Manning and drafting Luck.
    I don't see why not. Think about what Aaron Rodgers is right now, after spending, what, four years watching Brett Favre? I see Manning leaving more than him being dumped by the Colts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to prove me wrong Indianapolis... THey have just declared Chuck Pagano their new Head Coach, he won the players over in Baltimore quickly, let's see what he does in Indy.

Now to see who get promoted in Baltimore...
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that was quick.

It's official. Ravens DC Chuck Pagano is the Colts new Head Coach. I wouldn't mind seeing Del Rio back as DC, but it looks like he the Broncos are also looking at him for their DC opening.

Raiders also hire a DC as their next Head Coach; Dennis Allen of the Broncos.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't see why not. Think about what Aaron Rodgers is right now, after spending, what, four years watching Brett Favre? I see Manning leaving more than him being dumped by the Colts.
    By keeping I was referring to "keeping hold of"
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Way to prove me wrong Indianapolis... THey have just declared Chuck Pagano their new Head Coach, he won the players over in Baltimore quickly, let's see what he does in Indy.

Now to see who get promoted in Baltimore...
    booo .. beat me by a couple minutes. lol
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was scanning ESPN for any news of Billy Cudiff's firing, much to my chagrin nothing yet.

I wouldn't mind Del Rio as DC again, but for crying out loud, why don't we just end the Ray Lewis coaching tree and make him our DC already?
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Colts don't have the cap room to sign Luck and keep Peyton and upgrade to better players
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I was scanning ESPN for any news of Billy Cudiff's firing, much to my chagrin nothing yet.

I wouldn't mind Del Rio as DC again, but for crying out loud, why don't we just end the Ray Lewis coaching tree and make him our DC already?
    I wouldn't hold your breath
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Colts don't have the cap room to sign Luck and keep Peyton and upgrade to better players
    If they trade Peyton, they'd easily have the money to sign Luck plus have multiple picks.

If the trade Peyton, trade the #1 pick AND let most of their more expensive free agents go, they would basically have the picks and cap room to completely rebuild within the next two years.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 09:31 PM ----------

Ray Lewis speech after AFC Loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be weird to see a Baltimore without Lewis when he eventually retires.

Undecided on Allen, instant thought is "We've signed a DC for our Head? That hasn't happened since Madden.." The Mckenzie era at Oakland is trying to head in a completely different direction to the Davis era, and for many reasons I support that. I just hope signing a DC is forward thinking and not just a means of grabbing attention.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings, but I can't help but think the idea of "Let's see if we can make another Jon Gruden" is the factor here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the Ravens may stick with an in-house coach to replace Pagano as DC. Looking at Linebackers coach Dean Pees.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link

Dean Pees is the new Ravens DC. Harbaugh also announced that Cam Cameron will be returning next year as the OC; called it, "a foregone conclusion".

Have to wonder how Flacco feels about this. From what I've read, it sounded like the Ravens were gonna Franchise Ray Rice and try and work on a long term deal w/ Flacco. His agent has already said that he's 'indifferent' about staying in Baltimore; I can't imagine this is going to help matters any.

NFL.com Link

Brad Childress is the new Browns OC.

NFL.com Link

Roethlisberger not happy about Arians leaving. Arians wasn't technically fired (he retired) but he did say on his way out that he, "wasn't wanted back by the team" and that Rooney (owner) wouldn't give him a reason why.

NFL.com Link

Raheem Morris turned down the chance to be the Vikings DC to take the Redskins job as Defensive Backs Coach. Ouch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post

NFL.com Link

Raheem Morris turned down the chance to be the Vikings DC to take the Redskins job as Defensive Backs Coach. Ouch.
    Didn't think it was possible for the Redskins to get any worst. Guess I was wrong.
    Goochy

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogers wins MVP
    Brees wins Off. Player of the Year
    Suggs wins Def. Player of the Year (love the Ravens, but still think that should have been Allen)
    Newton wins Off. ROY
    Miller wins Def. ROY

Stafford wins Comeback Player of the Year
    Harbaugh (49er's) wins Coach of the Year

NFL.com Link - Pats WR Tiquan Underwood THOUGHT he was going to the Superbowl. lol Got cut on Sat. to make room for DE Alex Silvestro (practice squad)
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-02-05 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dove in to my freezer for a pizza for dinner and saw to my surprise a Boston styled pizza in there, so of course I have it in the oven. Superstition works I tell you!

On the whole coverage pre-superbowl, I loathed every minute of it, seems the media can't get over or past themselves to paint the Giants in the same role they had last time the teams met. I hope it jinxes them in to loosing.

Anyway, I'm slowly getting the butterflies. Not to flood the thread with constant Go Team posts, I'll say it just this once.

GO PATS!

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 01:59 AM ----------

Wow that just before halftime drive by the Pats was AWESOME. Whatever happens here after, both teams have a chance to win this game in the 2nd half.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 03:59 AM ----------

Well and that's all she wrote, Giants win, again. Won't be a superbowl for the ages like the last one, I feel both teams didn't really show anything amazing. It was just a good methodical win by the Giants, and the Pats just not gettign it done on either offence or defence. Too bad.

I will now go in to football hibernation till the draft

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about tarnishing careers but kinda funny that The Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since they got caught cheating just throwing it out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I don't know about tarnishing careers but kinda funny that The Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since they got caught cheating just throwing it out there.
    Oh, come on. They win their division every year, and they just made the Super Bowl. They're always at the top of the AFC. Since they got caught, the least wins they've had is 10 in 2009. They've been to the Super Bowl twice since. Tarnished my ass.

Is it Draft day yet? =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Is it Draft day yet? =/
    There's a draft this year? /Oakland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    There's a draft this year? /Oakland
    It's almost like Al Davis was allergic to rookies. lol What do the Raiders have this year, 2 picks?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh, come on. They win their division every year, and they just made the Super Bowl. They're always at the top of the AFC. Since they got caught, the least wins they've had is 10 in 2009. They've been to the Super Bowl twice since. Tarnished my ass.
    To be fair, that division is a joke. Take away a couple good years from the Jets, and that division is basically a free pass for the Pats to get into the playoffs every year. Yes, they usually do well once they get to the playoffs, but lets not forget that they were didn't win the AFC Championship Game; the Ravens threw it away. If Lee Evans holds onto that catch, if Harbaugh calls a timeout or if the Ravens actually bothered to cut a kicker that missed half of his kicks on the road this year, the Patriots are watching this Superbowl from their couches.