Seeing Hines Ward in a different uniform might just push me over the edge! Just retire! I do not care if you have more years in you! :P

And I am not even a steeler fan...it would just be so weird to see him in something else. His demeanor just seemed "Steeler" to me. I cannot even imagine seeing him on my team, the vikings. That would be ridiculous. Could you imagine Hines Ward in a purple uniform with white pants.I sure could not.

First ballot hall of famer I hope, I have always enjoyed watching him play, and his numbers should work out. Though look at Cris Carter. He should have been first ballot hall of famer as well.

All the love for Hines Ward is surprising. I guess everyone has already forgotten his cheap tactics. Not many players inspire the creation of a new rule.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    All the love for Hines Ward is surprising. I guess everyone has already forgotten his cheap tactics. Not many players inspire the creation of a new rule.
    Its just because he has played with that team for so long. With all this I wonder what the reaction will be when the Colts trade Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbojonez View Post
    Hines is violent on the field, god forbid a contact sport has contact in it. Im sure your team is all perfect little angels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Its just because he has played with that team for so long. With all this I wonder what the reaction will be when the Colts trade Manning.
    The Colts won't be trading Manning. They have three days to trade him before they are on the hook for $28 million. They can trade him after that, but that would be hilariously stupid. That would be like James Dolan paying Chauncey Billups a massive bonus in the NBA this offseason and then amnestying him a couple days later. Irsay would have to be incredibly dumb to pay that kind of money and then trade him. They can't trade him before that since no one wants to pay that money. With his balloon payment plus the rest of his contract they wouldn't get nearly the return they deserve.

The Colts have three days to either bench the best QB prospect since Manning when he should be on the field from game 1 or having the world's most expensive backup quarterback. The best option financially and for the sake of your team going forward is to cut Manning. You can't have two QBs on your roster eating up a huge chunk of your cap space especially not when your team has so many other holes to fill.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-04 at 04:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Colts won't be trading Manning. They have three days to trade him before they are on the hook for $28 million. They can trade him after that, but that would be hilariously stupid. That would be like James Dolan paying Chauncey Billups a massive bonus in the NBA this offseason and then amnestying him a couple days later. Irsay would have to be incredibly dumb to pay that kind of money and then trade him. They can't trade him before that since no one wants to pay that money. With his balloon payment plus the rest of his contract they wouldn't get nearly the return they deserve.

The Colts have three days to either bench the best QB prospect since Manning when he should be on the field from game 1 or having the world's most expensive backup quarterback. The best option financially and for the sake of your team going forward is to cut Manning. You can't have two QBs on your roster eating up a huge chunk of your cap space especially not when your team has so many other holes to fill.
    Yeah I meant cutting him but still the reaction would be nuts and I mean the 49ers won a superbowl after Montana and the Packs won one after #4 so Colts fan do not be to depressed if they get rid of him think of it as having a chance to get another QB for 10 years that can be one of the best in the league and might bring you a Super Bowl himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players are associated with franchises. Peyton Manning is the face of the Colts, most people cannot imagine them without Manning, much like people thinking of the Packers without Favre. As you mentioned skar, they had more success without him later on but that is hindsight, back then it was a horrifically ballsy move, much like slashing Manning. Although Luck is much more touted as a potential NFL QB than anyone has been in years.

@ the Ward subject, would he have been a "dirty" player even in the early-mid 90's? Nope, that is how he always played. I loved his love of the game, and I loved to hate him, I am glad I no longer have to watch him plant some potentially devastating blocks against Ravens players twice or thrice a year, but it is going to be saddening to see him outside of a Steelers uni.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    The Bounty system story is getting worse every day. NFL is now investigating every team Williams has coached at and it seems that he has ran the same system in every stop at Washington, Buffalo, Tennessee, and of course New Orleans. This could have real big implications for the players and teams, especially New Orleans. There should be some very serious suspensions handed out in the coming weeks before the GM meetings at the end of March. I can't wait until someone goes game by game and figures out every single injury caused in games against Gregg Williams' led teams. Obviously the biggest two are Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. Dungy already talked at length about the Manning hit. Favre was taken out against the Saints by a questionable high-low hit by a couple defenders. Someone will have a compilation video on Youtube soon and I can't wait to see it.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-05 at 01:29 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Bounty system story is getting worse every day. NFL is now investigating every team Williams has coached at and it seems that he has ran the same system in every stop at Washington, Buffalo, Tennessee, and of course New Orleans. This could have real big implications for the players and teams, especially New Orleans. There should be some very serious suspensions handed out in the coming weeks before the GM meetings at the end of March. I can't wait until someone goes game by game and figures out every single injury caused in games against Gregg Williams' led teams. Obviously the biggest two are Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. Dungy already talked at length about the Manning hit. Favre was taken out against the Saints by a questionable high-low hit by a couple defenders. Someone will have a compilation video on Youtube soon and I can't wait to see it.
    This story is going to explode big time. Even though Williams promoted bounties in Buffalo, Wash and NO,, He had to get the bounty money from somewhere and my only guess is the ownership. Management had to be aware that club fines were being redirected to the bounty system. Can you even imagine the lawsuits that's going to come if team ownership was involved?
    Last edited by kunah; 2012-03-05 at 04:36 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Lynch got signed 4 years for 31m to Sea. Not surprising. Now lets see what happens in the draft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Lynch got signed 4 years for 31m to Sea. Not surprising. Now lets see what happens in the draft.
    Good. Lynch is one of the best running backs in the league, and he's doing it mostly himself. I'd love to see another go at a 2k yard season for a back.

Saints put the franchise tag on Brees, no real surprise there either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Good. Lynch is one of the best running backs in the league, and he's doing it mostly himself. I'd love to see another go at a 2k yard season for a back.

Saints put the franchise tag on Brees, no real surprise there either.
    Yeah, I hope Lynch can keep going like this for 4 years though. Sometimes I feel like he pushes himself so hard that he will be done in no time.

I didn't pay attention to the Brees stuff. I would have been very shocked if NO gave him up.

Is anyone else a major Andrew Luck doubter? everyone says he is the best QB prospect in years, but he has never even been the best QB in college the last two years, its kind of silly to see all the hype about him. I watched several of his games, and he really did not "wow" me more then any other college QB I have seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Is anyone else a major Andrew Luck doubter? everyone says he is the best QB prospect in years, but he has never even been the best QB in college the last two years, its kind of silly to see all the hype about him. I watched several of his games, and he really did not "wow" me more then any other college QB I have seen.
    Only through the power of sheer randomness do I think Luck is going to be a bust. Basically, just because he's the number one pick doesn't make him awesome, and I'm betting on sheer numbers that he won't be great.

I'll probably be wrong, but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Only through the power of sheer randomness do I think Luck is going to be a bust. Basically, just because he's the number one pick doesn't make him awesome, and I'm betting on sheer numbers that he won't be great.

I'll probably be wrong, but meh.
    I think if he plays this season, people will just be shocked how bad he will be in the NFL. Cam Newton>>>>>Him in college, and he will be better then him in the NFL. And I am not a fan of Cam (Think he has a shitty attitude)

Honestly if RGIII is still there at 3 and the Vikings do not take him, I think I will literally cry. I think he will have a better pro career then Luck will. Kiper or whatever his name is has RG going after the Vikings, and the Vikings taking some random OL. If that happens I swear I hope the team moves.

Ponder is not the answer. He is not even the best QB on our team imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ponder isn't even a backup QB at this point.

And speaking of Kiper, I like seeing Trent Richardson up at number five. The one problem I see with him, is that he's going to have a short career. He works too hard, he's gonna kill himself.

Something to remember about Luck:

1.) He played in a pro-style offense
    2.) His offense ran the ball just as much as they threw it

He was able to put up absolutely phenomenal numbers while throwing the ball only half the time. His offense wasn't catered to his abilities like Cam Newton, RGIII or Tim Tebow, but he put up numbers like it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Something to remember about Luck:

1.) He played in a pro-style offense
    2.) His offense ran the ball just as much as they threw it

He was able to put up absolutely phenomenal numbers while throwing the ball only half the time. His offense wasn't catered to his abilities like Cam Newton, RGIII or Tim Tebow, but he put up numbers like it was.
    Hey I could be completely wrong about him. I realize he ran a pro style offense, however when he was throwing, and his decision making, I was never that impressed. That and him playing in an incredibly weak conference makes me weary.

I would actually like it if he did turn out to be the next Peyton Manning, my friends brother is pretty much the biggest colts fan I have ever met, and when that guy is in a good mood, EVERYONE has a good time. He is just that kind of person. When colts won the SB I was at his house and it was a great night

I just do not see it happening.

I used to also not really see what the big deal with him was, until I watched a full game of him playing. He systematically finds open receivers and throws them balls that only they can catch, and aside from the occasional moving around in the pocket that's about it.

I am pretty sold on the guy, at least for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I used to also not really see what the big deal with him was, until I watched a full game of him playing. He systematically finds open receivers and throws them balls that only they can catch, and aside from the occasional moving around in the pocket that's about it.

I am pretty sold on the guy, at least for right now.
    He could very well make me into a jackass, but from what I have seen (And I watched several full stanford games) the teams he was playing were just not very good. Good NFL defenses he is going to be sacked and pressured a lot.