10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Also this won't benefit roughly 90% of this thread, but..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/19487814

Squeee
    Cool. And you get the double header next week.

Thinking they might bring back the European Football League?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Doubt they'll bring back NFL-Europe. It really sunk in most countries, it ended up being almost entirely in Germany.

More likely they'll continue the tour games, the game struggles to sell without the big names.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt they'll bring back NFL-Europe. It really sunk in most countries, it ended up being almost entirely in Germany.

More likely they'll continue the tour games, the game struggles to sell without the big names.
    Does ESPN America, or whatever it's called in England, air a lot of games? At least they can give you more than one game a week.

Nice, another delay, and most snaps they cut it close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does ESPN America, or whatever it's called in England, air a lot of games? At least they can give you more than one game a week.

Nice, another delay, and most snaps they cut it close.
    They show a couple of matches each Sunday on Satellite, wish they'd use the interactive options to let you pick from all the games but they tend to just go with "We'll guess at what they want to see and keep feeding highlights of the rest"

Monday coverage has been poor for a while, since it went to one of the other freestations and the BBC has a good team.

10+ Year Old Account
    They show a couple of matches each Sunday on Satellite, wish they'd use the interactive options to let you pick from all the games but they tend to just go with "We'll guess at what they want to see and keep feeding highlights of the rest"

Monday coverage has been poor for a while, since it went to one of the other freestations and the BBC has a good team.
    Huh. Well, here's a question then. Do you prefer the British commentators, or the American ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Well, here's a question then. Do you prefer the British commentators, or the American ones?
    We tend to actually freeload off the US live commentary but have UK presenters. Which is why I prefer it when they show the CBS games, better team IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    We tend to actually freeload off the US live commentary but have UK presenters. Which is why I prefer it when they show the CBS games, better team IMO.
    For some reason, when I think CBS, I think AFC, and then NFC for Fox. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but for some reason it feels that way.

Hell yeah, Miles gets some action, 14 point lead with 6 minutes to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, when I think CBS, I think AFC, and then NFC for Fox. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but for some reason it feels that way.
    Very accurate from my point of view, I can't think of an AFC West game I've seen in over 10 years off the top of my had that wasn't CBS.

I might be a minority, but I actually enjoy listening to Rich Gannon. Then Phil Simms has been the voice of the AFC for me since I started watching back in 2000.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually Fox covers 90percent of cowboy games and that might be why it seems that way.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 10:15 PM ----------

Very accurate from my point of view, I can't think of an AFC West game I've seen in over 10 years off the top of my had that wasn't CBS.

I might be a minority, but I actually enjoy listening to Rich Gannon. Then Phil Simms has been the voice of the AFC for me since I started watching back in 2000.
    I actually like Gannon as well.

Also if Romo plays like this all season u might have to make a case to put him in that first tier of QB's. 21/28 3 TD's and almost 300 yards isn't shabby and a 129 QB rating. Speaking of QB rating what ever happened to that new QB rating that was suppose to go up to 100 did espn just say F it because it didn't take off.http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...y-see-position
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-09-06 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lead is down to 7 with 2:30-ish to go. I'm not buying Eli pulling off another Eli moment this time.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Hell yeah, Miles gets some action, 14 point lead with 6 minutes to go.
    That is just how the rights to games are split up. CBS has AFC rights, Fox the NFC. I'm still not positive how they decide who gets out of conference games though. I've always assumed it was by the home team, but that isn't always true.

Actually I found it:
    The "AFC package" for CBS is summarized as the following:
    - All afternoon games in which the visiting team is from the AFC
    - If there are not enough games to broadcast, then a game in which the home team is from the AFC will be played (against the NFC); this has never happened.

The "NFC package" for Fox is summarized as the following:
    -All afternoon games in which the visiting team is from the NFC
    -If there are not enough games to broadcast, then a game in which the home team is from the NFC will be played (against the AFC); this has happened only once (Denver Broncos–Minnesota Vikings during Week 13 the 2011 NFL season). The NFL permitted the game's move from CBS to Fox due to the fact that Fox initially had just two games in the early (1pm/ET) time slot under the NFL's flex schedule scenario.

...dejavu at the moment. This is almost a recreation of last year.
    Last edited by RollTide; 2012-09-06 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas scoring that down on 3/12 at 2:11 probably just tied up this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got distracted by that ridiculously amazing Clinton speech and missed a ton of offense in this game apparently. Ogeltree blew it the fuck up today. 100+ yards and 2 TDs. Dude is going to be a hot waiver addition in fantasy football and then put up 100 yards and 2 TD over the next 15 games.

Good move by Witten nearly fucking the Cowboys and giving the ball back to the Giants with that holding. Good thing Dallas converted the long third or it was Eli time.

Deleted
    Gooooo Cowboys! 24-17!!! =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    That is just how the rights to games are split up. CBS has AFC rights, Fox the NFC. I'm still not positive how they decide who gets out of conference games though. I've always assumed it was by the home team, but that isn't always true.

...dejavu at the moment. This is almost a recreation of last year.
    As far as I know, national games are assigned by the NFL to the schedule and the networks have the right to bump a certain number of same day games to their primetime slots. Like NBC can move a game or two from 1 or 4 to 8 on Sundays if the scheduled teams are going to bomb ratings. Grats Boys on a seriously important win.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was all about O-tree NOT being on this team all off season. I can honestly say I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    As far as I know, national games are assigned by the NFL to the schedule and the networks have the right to bump a certain number of same day games to their primetime slots. Like NBC can move a game or two from 1 or 4 to 8 on Sundays if the scheduled teams are going to bomb ratings. Grats Boys on a seriously important win.
    Flex scheduling doesn't kick in until mid-season though.

Big win. Week 1 or not, needed to be able to go into NY and close one out. Especially after last year.
    Last edited by RollTide; 2012-09-06 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that game. So lucky Romo connected after that hold by Witten.

Also what the hell is up with NBC signing terrible artists for shit? No Doubt? Wuuut?

Well, at least we know Romo can pick apart our backups at corner and patchwork d-line. That game was aggravating, not a stunning start to a title defense season.

15+ Year Old Account

No but there will be a team in Europe (almost certainly London) by 2020. Grats on getting MNF. Ungrats on having to listen to Gruden unendingly suck everyones dicks.