Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    I feel for you, but the Bills had several VERY close ones, not as many as Detriot. But several close games.
    Gonna take a while to cleanse themselves of the Flutie curse.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-07-18 at 04:49 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Check out this new rule

Booth reviews on all scoring plays.

Why don't they just copy college, instead of remaining incompetent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I want them to remove that freaking catch rule that BSed Detroit out of the Bears game. Johnson CLEARLY had control of the damn ball, that was a catch, through and through.

Oh, and everytime that a coach uses both challenges: and both were correct, the coach should get the challenge capability back. If the referees are screwing up on calls, the team playing shouldn't have to suffer for it. I know that it rarely happens, but still.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-07-19 at 03:14 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree on both. In regards to the challenge thing though, if they win both challenges they get one more. I think they should keep going til they lose.

Or, you know, copy college already

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I also didn't specify about the challenges. I agree with your method.

I only really started watching college ball last year, am I correct in the guess that someone reviews every play? I am still shaky on that, although I have watched the NFL for about 14 years now, fully understanding most of it. I am ashamed.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pretty much every play is reviewed, just like the last two minutes of each half in the NFL. Coaches also have a number of challenges, though I'm not sure on that part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that would work. It could be time consuming though.

I hope that they hurry up and get this resolved so I can watch the frenzy of free agency, and the wizardry of Ozzie Newsome. Also, to stop all of this nonsense of "Where will Nnamdi land?" Or "Where will XX land?" Good lord, I want the season to start already!

If there's no season this year, my Green Bay Packers will be the default Champions for an extra year. That's the one upside of not having a season.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be a season, that is almost guaranteed, plus they seem to actually be getting things done right now *gasp!* If Tom Brady is part of the players' group though.... Khorne help us defensive fans....

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Agree on both. In regards to the challenge thing though, if they win both challenges they get one more. I think they should keep going til they lose.
    I can't even tell you how much I agree with this. If they keep winning challenges, they're obviously seeing something the ref isn't and shouldn't be restricted to three.

As for the owners approving ratifying the proposal, I have a strong feeling the players won't. If the owners are ready to agree to a deal, then push it at the players says they're trying to sneak something in there that the players won't agree with and be forced to reject it. Once they do, the owners can turn around and say 'hey, we tried. the players are being difficult and rejecting offers. blame them' turning fans against the players. Don't get too excited yet, players on twitter aren't feeling this deal at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can only be hoped. I really do hope that they get it done soon.

The NFLPA needs to call the owners' bluff. One of the few times I agree with Whitlock on something... wait a few more weeks, put paid games in jeopardy and the owners will bend over backwards to get a deal done. We shall see, but hey, atleast the Phillies are keeping me entertained here in Philly.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the free agent season to hurry up and start though. I hope that the Players have Chris Carr involved in the reading of the proposal, the guy is actually certified to be a lawyer. I want both sides to get something done with both sides getting somethings of what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    The NFLPA needs to call the owners' bluff. One of the few times I agree with Whitlock on something... wait a few more weeks, put paid games in jeopardy and the owners will bend over backwards to get a deal done. We shall see, but hey, atleast the Phillies are keeping me entertained here in Philly.
    Players will also lose money if they miss pre-season games.

And I frown for my Cowboys.. They are way above the cap and I don't think we will be able to pick up anyone in FA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Players will also lose money if they miss pre-season games.

And I frown for my Cowboys.. They are way above the cap and I don't think we will be able to pick up anyone in FA.
    A good reason why every other owner didn't splurge like mad with the uncapped year. Dallas has several players that they are essentially planning to be rid of however, such as Roy Williams and Marion Barber.

Other teams of the other hand, will have a hell of a time reaching the spending floor if they so instate it, such as the Bungals, Mike Brown is a money monger. The Cardinals also are way under the cap.

A good reason why every other owner didn't splurge like mad with the uncapped year.
    Steelers are 10 over. I don't think they're as bad as the Cowboys though, we always have guys like Will Gay we can cut. Useless tit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas is like 18 over. Also, you guys can restructure contracts/Get Woodley's contract taken care of. Once you get Woodley off of the tag, that should do a decent amount as well.

Baltimore is 5 under as it stands, we'll get more room by getting rid of McGahee, and getting Ngata off the tag. I hope that we get Vickers off of the Browns, that would be GLORIOUS!! He wouldn't complain about being a fullback, and he blocks better than McClain anyways. Screw Nnamdi, I'll take Vickers in Free Agency, Resign Josh Wilson, and signing a half decent pass rusher opposite Suggs. That would be an overwhelming success in my eyes, we didn't get torn apart so much via an aerial attack like you guys, and we got Jimmy Smith as well.

If you guys get under and start making movement, I would think that you go after a vet CB, possibly Joseph from Cincy to bolster your pass defense, that was what wrecked you guys in the Super Bowl.

Dallas is like 18 over.

I'll take Vickers in Free Agency, Resign Josh Wilson, and signing a half decent pass rusher opposite Suggs.

If you guys get under and start making movement, I would think that you go after a vet CB, possibly Joseph from Cincy to bolster your pass defense, that was what wrecked you guys in the Super Bowl.
    I guess not having Romo last year was a big waste of money. They'll be 110% better this year, I feel sure.

The last thing Ben needs is another guy comin' at him from Baltimore. In all seriousness, you need a Linebacker to replace Rayray when he's gone. The Ravens LB core is strong, but when Lewis is gone how strong do you think they're going to be?

In a perfect world, we'd resign Ike Taylor and sign someone like Joseph, or Nnamdi to play opposite him. I'd love to have Cromartie come here, but I have a strong feeling he'll resign with the Jets and make that just a pipe dream. You're right, though. If we had a decent shutdown DB, the Superbowl would have been a lot different. On top of that, the whole team played like shit but I won't beat a dead horse.

What's the point of Cincy and Cleveland even building a team, it's gonna be another AFCN race between Baltimore and Pittsburgh. It'll be 1-1 next year for the series too, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wanting Matthews to fall to us in the third round , he could've been a possible Ray Ray filler. Because let's face it, there is no way in hell you can actually replace the guy. He is possibly one of the best leaders in NFL History, as well as one of the best LB's to ever play. When he finally does retire, I am practically willing to bet that he goes back to the Ravens as a coach.

Ellerbe, McClain, and Gooden are all decent players, obviously they cannot fill the void that he will leave, but they are effective so long as McClain stays healthy. I will take those three over a brand spanking new player right now, I don't pay much attention to college ball, but I haven't seen an up-and-coming MLB that I really want in the future. I wouldn't have minded had Rolando McClain fallen to us awhile back, but there was no way that was going to happen, you guys would've likely traded your entire draft to foul that up, because that kid sitting behind Ray Lewis. I can only imagine.......

If we get someone like him at all, he won't have to sit and learn, Ray didn't, and look at where he is now.

Also, it isn't to defeat Big Ben, Suggs does that by his lonesome, but we sucked balls at getting to the opposing quarterback other than against you guys, we had 27 sacks on the season, tied with the lowly Browns (no offense Browns fans).

Besides, we need a decent O-coordinator to beat you guys . I mean blowing a double digit lead several times? Not just against you guys, but Cam Cameron cannot keep a lead to save his life, he has no killer instinct.