I fully admit that that was a knee jerk reaction to one week. So if they pull together and become the dominant unit we've come to expect, feel free to gloat.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Also, I think the Pittsburgh defense is officially washed up now. Five years ago, wouldn't Polamalu have run down Thomas on that catch and run for the long touchdown? Granted, they were missing Clark and Harrison, but the defense just didn't look like that vaunted Pitt D of old.
    Oh, you mean they're missing one of the most intregal parts of their defense and they didn't play well? Harrison wreaks havoc on the OLine and Clark lets Troy be Troy. Ryan Mundy can't fill the same role, and forced Troy shifted over to play Free Safety - something he isn't great at. Regarding Thomas, Troy didn't catch him because he was blitzing, watch the play. I'm not bitching about the officiating, but there was a serious hold on Mundy too which went uncalled or he would have been tackled. Pittsburgh's defense is also 26.5 years old, on average, which is fairly young all things being considered. The defense, which was older than last year, ya know the "washed up" one, beat the Patriots handily while getting to Brady.

The fact is, without letting Polamalu do his thing on the field and Harrison and Woodley on the outside, the defense isn't the same. I'm shocked.

Something to think about.
    Last edited by Bamboozled; 2012-09-10 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, Pete Carrol just expressed his desperation for receivers in a press conference saying "everybody is an option" after being asked if Kellen Winslow is still an option for that gap.

Weird question and reply... makes me very curious as to where that can actually go, because we lost Charlie Martin in that last attempt for a score. Apparently hes pretty banged up and still in Arizona with a bruised lung.

Least there was light in the receiving core though. Sidney Rice performed very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozled View Post
    Oh, you mean they're missing one of the most intregal parts of their defense and they didn't play well? Harrison wreaks havoc on the OLine and Clark lets Troy be Troy. Ryan Mundy can't fill the same role, and forced Troy shifted over to play Free Safety - something he isn't great at. Regarding Thomas, Troy didn't catch him because he was blitzing, watch the play. I'm not bitching about the officiating, but there was a serious hold on Mundy too which went uncalled or he would have been tackled. Pittsburgh's defense is also 26.5 years old, on average, which is fairly young all things being considered. The defense, which was older than last year, ya know the "washed up" one, beat the Patriots handily while getting to Brady.

The fact is, without letting Polamalu do his thing on the field and Harrison and Woodley on the outside, the defense isn't the same. I'm shocked.

Something to think about.
    I know all of that, that's why I put out the disclaimer that I did. When Manning went into that no huddle though, they just had no idea how to react. They were never quite ready for it. It could be week one conditioning, the mile high effect, injuries, or all three. They just looked out of sorts. Again, if they are a top 10 defense by week 15, feel free to make fun of me for being a nonbeliever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ when did that god awful Seven Nation Army chant from the Euros find it's way over to NFL?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Christ when did that god awful Seven Nation Army chant from the Euros find it's way over to NFL?
    The White Stripes song?

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels good to have Rice on mah team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The White Stripes song?
    Yeah, I don't recall hearing it in previous seasons, then it suddenly got overplayed at the Euros, and followed on to the Olympics.

I am really excited about RGIII, I would have picked him over andrew luck any day of the week (As I said before the draft, I think Luck is going to be the next Ryan Leaf, perhaps slightly better) and all, BUT, he was playing against a saints defense that got tore apart in there last game last year by the niners, dont forget that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flacco is lighting it up, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I am really excited about RGIII, I would have picked him over andrew luck any day of the week (As I said before the draft, I think Luck is going to be the next Ryan Leaf, perhaps slightly better) and all, BUT, he was playing against a saints defense that got tore apart in there last game last year by the niners, dont forget that either.
    Leaf had a serious commitment issue that the chargers didnt take into account. There are series of stories members of the colt family have told saying they saw all these warning signs about leaf. Luck is about as opposite of leaf as you can get. The guy is hungry, on top of that, he's talented but shows extreme humility. A quality both him and Griffin both share along with their extreme play smarts. Im excited to see both act like professional adults on and off the field when in front of the camera. This was something that Ryan Leaf critically lacked, and ultimately led to his swift kick in the rear out of the NFL and most unfortunately into a very bad place in life.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 08:07 PM ----------

wow, i dont like the ravens in the slightest, but good lawd, head hunting much?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Andrew Luck the next Ryan Leaf? Theres no chance of that happening. Watching him play you could tell he had serious NFL talent. Its his 1st game on the road against a good team and his team around him is pretty garbage besides Wayne. Nobody expected to play great and he still put up some decent numbers. Not good numbers but decent. He will easily get to pro bowl caliber level. Whether he ends up being a better player than RG3 remains to be seen. Wont really be able to say that for a good 3-4 years at least.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    RG3 has really good talent around him and played against a team that has one of the worst defense's last year that has their defensive leader out. Andrew Luck is on a rebuilding team that played against one of the better defensive teams in the NFL. I think most of the scouts was saying that RG3 would have a better 1st season then Luck but then Luck would have the better overall career. RG3's first 6 passes was a screen pass at the LoS they pretty much built the offense around what RG3 could do in college and the Colts are building Luck into more of a pro style offense. I'm not taking anything away from RG3 I'm just saying his first game was set up better for him to succeed. One last note Shanahan has won just about every one of his opening games and that also ties in with RG3 having the better coach then Luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luck is way too boring to flip out at reporters

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, just saw a new Mists promo in a commercial break.

10+ Year Old Account
    These BS PI calls.

Ugh. I'm going to lose it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    These BS PI calls.

Ugh. I'm going to lose it.
    Yeah, Ravens probably would not have finished that drive without that one.

But the more important question is, what pro quarterback killed Joe Flacco and stole his skin, a la Men in Black?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, Ravens probably would not have finished that drive without that one.

But the more important question is, what pro quarterback killed Joe Flacco and stole his skin, a la Men in Black?
    Eli and Flacco traded bodies, clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flacco is like a reverse Samson.

The less of that terrible moustache he has on his face, the better QB he becomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Flacco is like a reverse Samson.

The less of that terrible moustache he has on his face, the better QB he becomes.
    Whats even worse is Aaron Rodgers sports that stache sometimes too.