10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the refs in this game are the same ones from the Baltimore / Philly game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, first mistake of the night for the refs. Offsides isn't an automatic first down, it was just a result of the penalty. Picky I know, but still.

Deleted
    I can't wait for the game to start. I think it's gonna be a really close offensive struggle aswell as both defensive sides needing to step up. I expect Cam and Eli to both really have to work hard for everything once the game gets started.

---

Wait.. they're NOT showing footage of the Giants practising against sandbags in outfits?! O.O

This IS the.. oh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I figured with the Giants missing so many people, they'd struggle. Panthers defense looks like a high school team.

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to JPP? I missed that.

Deleted
    I LOVE that tactic!

Next Williams is gonna pick up Newton and run with him.

"Tha's what you get for reading the defense!"

Okay, maybe not, but damn that did look hillarious. Shows that he has quite an awesome mentality though in terms of just wanting to do his job. Although, he probably should give Cam just half a second more to determine the play first xD
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2012-09-21 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I was listening to Sirius today and they had a frequent caller email them with exactly what the league should do (the caller is a former owner of the Houston Rockets). The league should boost their offer closer to what the officials want BUT force them to make it a full time job. That would absolutely shatter the refs union. You would have a ton of guys who want to do that, but you would immediately have a chunk of the part time loving guys take the NFL's slightly improved but not where they want it offer. I have been with the officials for most of this ordeal on everything but their ridiculous benefits package for a part time job.
    that's exactly what the main issue is. the best NFL refs on earth are mostly lawyers, it's not worth their time to ONLY be a ref. there is no benefit to the refs to give up their "day jobs" because 100% of them would make less money.

it's this simple, the NFL has been running their mouths about how safety comes first, the refs on the field have NO control and are below average refs, the big time college guys aren't giving up their gigs because they'd have to take a pay cut to be NFL refs if the NFL gets their way.

NFL wants to spend less and they're getting exactly what they're paying for. Ed Hoculi isn't gonna sell his practice to do what he's been doing for LESS money than he's done it for and NO pension

the refs don't need the NFL, the NFL needs those refs. you have HS and lingerie football league refs doing NFL games right now and they lack control. it's a joke and business will suffer eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I LOVE that tactic!

Next Williams is gonna pick up Newton and run with him.

"Tha's what you get for reading the defense!"

Okay, maybe not, but damn that did look hillarious. Shows that he has quite an awesome mentality though in terms of just wanting to do his job. Although, he probably should give Cam just half a second more to determine the play first xD
    I think it was more a matter of he wasn't done reading the defensive tackle, which determines whether or not he dumps it off. He was coming hard, but Williams still dodged him.

I think I might end up switching to the Boise St. game if this continues into halftime...
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-21 at 01:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeah this is pretty bad.

NFL in charge of choosing good match ups for primetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeeah this is pretty bad.

NFL in charge of choosing good match ups for primetime.
    Well, to be fair, you couldn't go wrong with Cam considering the rookie year he had. You can't really predict this, no matter how good the Giants' defense is. He just isn't getting any kind of time, even with his legs.

Plus, Monday and Sunday night are bigger days. I don't see Thursday nights being that big a deal, other than getting more days with football in it (but I have college for that anyway, if they decide to put decent teams on Thursday)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, to be fair, you couldn't go wrong with Cam considering the rookie year he had. You can't really predict this, no matter how good the Giants' defense is. He just isn't getting any kind of time, even with his legs.

Plus, Monday and Sunday night are bigger days. I don't see Thursday nights being that big a deal, other than getting more days with football in it (but I have college for that anyway, if they decide to put decent teams on Thursday)
    You'd think they would be able to pick apart the Giants ailing secondary, but whenever Eli has the ball its like an unstoppable train of ownage.

Cam just put together an excellent drive. The line isnt holding so they move the action away from the pocket to force some action and buy Cam time. Giants D couldnt deny him a TD there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that was a good drive. Too late from the looks of it though.

Deleted
    Illegal block of out-of-bounds player

On the filming team.

New Camera penalty, sports journalist down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, Newton threw another INT.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 03:12 AM ----------

Oh look... Another turnover.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-09-21 at 03:29 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was just an ugly game for Carolina.

I don't like all this hype that Seattle is suddenly getting though.

Deleted
    That was just an ugly game for Carolina.

I don't like all this hype that Seattle is suddenly getting though.
    How come? They've entered my list of teams-to-watch this year =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    How come? They've entered my list of teams-to-watch this year =)
    I like it when everybody expects them to lose and they upset.

Seahawks have been known to upset a lot, then shit the bed on games they should win. Like last year losing to Washington but beating Baltimore / Giants.

2 overrated teams played each other. Somebody was going to get exposed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last night's game did not go how I expected. Good to see that just like every year it is impossible to get a good read on the Giants.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 07:08 AM ----------

I like it when everybody expects them to lose and they upset.

Seahawks have been known to upset a lot, then shit the bed on games they should win. Like last year losing to Washington but beating Baltimore / Giants.
    The Skins did beat the Super Bowl Champion last year. Twice...