Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Breaking news:

My fantasy team totally sucks this year.
    ya mine blos as well. I need to change my draft strategy for next year. I usually stack rb's and trade up for whatever I needed. All the good rbs are gone by the middle of the first round.

But when I see Broncos run only 13 running plays for 38 yards it makes me wonder. The game is changing.
    Operation Red Wing

My team was looking to win my head to head matchup this week only to get blown out by tom brady

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lions just completely routed the Chiefs today. Seems like the Lions bandwagon is getting bigger and bigger, but we'll have to see if they can actually keep on playing like this.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The Lions just completely routed the Chiefs today. Seems like the Lions bandwagon is getting bigger and bigger, but we'll have to see if they can actually keep on playing like this.
    48-3 holy shit.

Its all up to them. Remaining tough games will be GB(twice), NO, Altanta and possibly Dallas(maybe). There rest or thier games are winnable.

They could go 11-5 for a wildcard.
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-09-19 at 04:31 PM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    How bout Tony Romo playing with a fractured rib or two? Dallas is in a bad way if he, Felix Jones, AND Miles Austin are hurt though. Expectations? Nah, not this year, sorry.

Better yet, Matt Hasselbeck and the Titans taking out the RAVENS? ...How?....

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How bout Tony Romo playing with a fractured rib or two? Dallas is in a bad way if he, Felix Jones, AND Miles Austin are hurt though. Expectations? Nah, not this year, sorry.

Better yet, Matt Hasselbeck and the Titans taking out the RAVENS? ...How?....
    I think the Ravs were full of themselves after the Steelers thrashing. Great eye opener for the Ravens that they have to play every game.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost a game we should've won after winning a game no one expected us to..... Gawd that infuriates me. Also, another thing that frustrates me is why the hell Tandon Doss isn't getting off the inactive list for B-more, he is far better than Smith is at WR.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I thought we lost that game. Romo hurt, Miles out, and Felix doing absolutely nothing on the ground. Romo and Holley Won that game and props to the D for keeping it close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I thought we lost that game. Romo hurt, Miles out, and Felix doing absolutely nothing on the ground. Romo and Holley Won that game and props to the D for keeping it close.
    The comeback and the win in OT was incredible, but Harbaugh played a huge part in giving Dallas the win. When San Fran kicked the field goal in the fourth and opted to take Brooking's penalty on the kickoff rather than take the first down I was shocked. I know the old addage of "Don't take points off the board," but come on that was just absurd. At worst, barring a turnover which weren't exactly plaguing the Niners, you get three more plays, run another 1:50 off the clock and kick another field goal. If things go right you run off much more time and add another touchdown. Sure the field goal made it a two score game with about 11 minutes to go, but that is a huge opportunity to pass up. The penalty would have put the ball at the 22.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Lost a game we should've won after winning a game no one expected us to..... Gawd that infuriates me. Also, another thing that frustrates me is why the hell Tandon Doss isn't getting off the inactive list for B-more, he is far better than Smith is at WR.
    You'd think they would try to do something. I can't say how often Smith is on the field as I haven't watched either game, but the Ravens desperately need some kind of production from the receivers. The number of Ravens WRs with catches so far this season? TWO. Q and Lee are their only actual WRs with catches with 7 and 2 respectively. Every other completion has been to a TE or RB. That is one of the things that drives me crazy about Flacco and the Ravens offense. Outside of Ray Rice running the ball, they have no punch at all. Such a tremendous amount of the receptions go to guys out of the back field or TEs for short completions. There are few teams in the NFL that scare me less with their QB and passing game. As much as I absolutely love their defense, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis remain my favorite non-Lions D players in the league, I don't think I can take them seriously as a Super Bowl contender because they simply can not move the ball through the air. I don't know if it is purely systemic or if it is Flacco, although I would suspect the former since the Ravens have never had a passing game, but something desperately needs to change before I would ever pick them to beat the powerhouse clubs consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You'd think they would try to do something. I can't say how often Smith is on the field as I haven't watched either game, but the Ravens desperately need some kind of production from the receivers. The number of Ravens WRs with catches so far this season? TWO. Q and Lee are their only actual WRs with catches with 7 and 2 respectively. Every other completion has been to a TE or RB. That is one of the things that drives me crazy about Flacco and the Ravens offense. Outside of Ray Rice running the ball, they have no punch at all. Such a tremendous amount of the receptions go to guys out of the back field or TEs for short completions. There are few teams in the NFL that scare me less with their QB and passing game. As much as I absolutely love their defense, Ed Reed and Ray Lewis remain my favorite non-Lions D players in the league, I don't think I can take them seriously as a Super Bowl contender because they simply can not move the ball through the air. I don't know if it is purely systemic or if it is Flacco, although I would suspect the former since the Ravens have never had a passing game, but something desperately needs to change before I would ever pick them to beat the powerhouse clubs consistently.
    The issue is: I think that Harbs and Cam don't quite trust the other WRs yet, and as thus; don't put them on the field as much. Doss has been inactive both games, I saw Torrey out there several times, and I saw LaQuan out there for maybe one play. Torrey has shown NOTHING to have made him worth that second rounder thus far, preseason or regular, I know it is two weeks in, but I do NOT like that pick right now. LaQuan did well in the offseason, and I want to see him getting more repetitions, but not as much as I want to see Tandon Doss on the active players and getting out there. I am satisfied with how our TEs are playing thus far, but Flaaco needs to stop looking for the LBs covering a TE or Rice, because that WILL be noticed by defensive coordinators, and will likely have their teams keying off it, not a good sign for "Checkdown Flacco" as I now call him.

I am unsure as to why Flacco had one of his worst statistical games against the freaking Titans, I know that Grubbs is a good guard, but is he the freaking lynchpin in the offensive line or something? He had way too much pressure on him that game.

P.S. conscript, what about Haloti Ngata? Guy is a freaking BEAST. You don't like him as much as Ray Lewis or Ed Reed? I honestly think that the big man Haloti is a major factor as to why Ray still looks freaking amazing.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-09-23 at 02:17 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    P.S. conscript, what about Haloti Ngata? Guy is a freaking BEAST. You don't like him as much as Ray Lewis or Ed Reed? I honestly think that the big man Haloti is a major factor as to why Ray still looks freaking amazing.
    Ngata is fantastic, don't get me wrong, I am just a huge fan of Ray's leadership and the ridiculous ball hawking ability of Reed. Ngata is a beast, but the other two dudes are legendary.

How about that Jerome Simpson for the Bengals? Apparently a 2.5 lb package of pot, which was being tracked by the Feds, was delivered to his house. When the Feds investigated his property after the package was delivered they found 8 lbs of pot, scales, and other distribution material. Apparently the guy is operating a drug distribution network out of his house. Is it just me or does this stuff only happen to the Bengals? Almost every time you hear of a guy being busted for something stupid it is a Bengals player. It is like the owner goes out of his way to make bad decisions on personnel like locking down Carson Palmer and not getting a great trade package for him to improve their terrible team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand having hero worship for Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. They're both future HOFers, and as a Steeler fan, I have (very) grudging respect for them. That said, both are on the downside of their careers. Frankly, I don't know how Ray is even still playing. He's unnatural. LOL

But, coming from the opposition's POV, Ngata is the keystone of your defense. You could lose Ray, or Ed for a game or 3 and keep on chugging. Losing Ngata would be more hurtful. As a Steeler fan, if I could pick one player to be missing against the Steelers, it would be Ngata every time. Suggs is terrific. Ray and Ed are legends. But Ngata is devastating to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conscript, I doubt that they would've gotten a great deal for Palmer in the first place, my thoughts are possibly a second round pick at best for them, primarily due to the fact that there were also other options for teams. Palmer wasn't the same after his injury, don't get me wrong: he wrecked us, I was glad to see that he wasn't going to be playing my Ravens anymore, but Mike Brown is the worst owner in the NFL, hands down. He HAD to prove a point, he wouldn't give into a player no matter what, Palmer played his arse off for that team, and he deserved the dignity of playing for an owner who wanted to get his team somewhere.

At least Al Davis TRIES to make his team better, he is bad at it, but at least he freaking tries. For the fanbases of both the Raiders and Bengals, I hope that Mike Brown's and Al Davis' planes crash into each other this year.

Forgot to add this: R.I.P Orlando "Zeus" Brown. Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens tackle. He passed away at age 40, a terrific player on the field and a great guy off the field whose career was probably marked by getting hit in the eye with a penalty marker and mauling the referee who threw it.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2011-09-25 at 02:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. Except the 3-0 Detroit Lions baby. Although technically the Bills overcame a 21-0 deficit and the Lions only a 20-0. Either way, holy hell what a couple of games those were. Can not believe the Bills beat the Pats or that Brady threw FOUR picks. Too bad he came short of 400 yards again by 14 yards. Dude is a beast. Too bad their defense is terrible apparently.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 04:49 PM ----------

I think Torrey Smith heard your criticism Robby lol. 3 TDs in the first quarter. I think the Ravens might have recovered from whatever ailed them last weekend lol.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-09-25 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills. Except the 3-0 Detroit Lions baby. Although technically the Bills overcame a 21-0 deficit and the Lions only a 20-0. Either way, holy hell what a couple of games those were. Can not believe the Bills beat the Pats or that Brady threw FOUR picks. Too bad he came short of 400 yards again by 14 yards. Dude is a beast. Too bad their defense is terrible apparently.

---------- Post added 2011-09-25 at 04:49 PM ----------

I think Torrey Smith heard your criticism Robby lol. 3 TDs in the first quarter. I think the Ravens might have recovered from whatever ailed them last weekend lol.
    That stuff was freaking nuts. I would kill for the Sunday Ticket, but alas, I have DISH and was stuck with the Giants/Eagles game, and now the Seahawks/Cardinals game. I can't tell which I am happier about: The Lions coming back to win, the Patriots losing, or Torrey Smith proving me wrong in one quarter.

I was flipping between the Bills and Lions games and getting absolutely none of my readings for this week done. Worth it. Both teams are super exciting to watch right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    That stuff was freaking nuts. I would kill for the Sunday Ticket, but alas, I have DISH and was stuck with the Giants/Eagles game, and now the Seahawks/Cardinals game. I can't tell which I am happier about: The Lions coming back to win, the Patriots losing, or Torrey Smith proving me wrong in one quarter.
    Dude get Redzone. $7 per month on Dish. It flashes back and forth between every game going, no commercials, and you never miss a scoring play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah! I found a streaming site in time to watch the fourth quarter. Haloti deserved that TD.

I was reading some of the conversations going on after the Ravens/Rams game, lots of Rams fans are delusional, calling Bradford a bust and Spagnolo a terrible coach. Show me the NFCW team that makes it through a Philly/NYG/Baltimore stretch with even one win. The Rams have it brutal the first bit of the season, watch them start to get better as they play the other NFCW teams, or watch the otehrs fall as they start getting more difficult schedules.

I wonder if Vick will be able to play next week - broken non throwing hand. He is complaining about the referees not "protecting him like everyone else" - look to your offensive line first before bitching at the referees, I don't think it was a late hit on him that seemed to have been the injuring play, but I am still unsure on how that is defined unanimously in the league.

To quote a friend as well: "Celebrate well my friends! For today we all are fans of the Buffalo Bills!" Man I LOVE the fact that they beat teh Patriots, that cannot be overstated.

I'm so happy the Lions are also 3-0. That way the Bills don't get overhyped...I don't want them to lose the chip on their shoulder. I'd much rather have more games like the Kansas City one than these past two.