Cowboys break my heart yet again. Defense controls Brady for 3 and half quarters and cracks with 2 minutes left. It kills me to think how good this team could be if they'd finish. That defense under Rob Ryan is going to be incredible for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    my 49ers are 5-1. woohoo

10+ Year Old Account
    Update, apparently Campbell's out for at least the remainder of the regular season with a broken collarbone. This means unless someone can come in and learn a playbook fast we're running with Boller and his history of poor performances and injuries and the untested rookie in Pryor. Next week we're home to the Chiefs in what should have been a comfortable win, suddenly it's not looking so comfortable.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Update, apparently Campbell's out for at least the remainder of the regular season with a broken collarbone. This means unless someone can come in and learn a playbook fast we're running with Boller and his history of poor performances and injuries and the untested rookie in Pryor. Next week we're home to the Chiefs in what should have been a comfortable win, suddenly it's not looking so comfortable.
    Tough break for the Raiders, but especially for Campbell. I don't keep up too much with the Redskins, but from what I did see, it never seemed like he got a fair shake in Washington. He has a nice start to the season, his team looks like it has a good chance at the playoffs and poof ... his season is done. From everything I've read about Pryor, no one remotely thinks that he's ready to start in the NFL ... unfortunately, unless Kyle Boller suddenly forgets that he's Kyle Boller, I have a feeling you'll be seeing Pryor sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2011-10-17 at 02:02 AM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Tough break for the Raiders, but especially for Campbell. I don't keep up too much with the Redskins, but from what I did see, it never seemed like he got a fair shake in Washington. He has a nice start to the season, his team looks like it has a good chance at the playoffs and poof ... his season is done. From everything I've read about Pryor, no one remotely thinks that he's ready to start in the NFL ... unfortunately, unless Kyle Boller suddenly forgets that he's Kyle Boller, I have a feeling you'll be seeing Pryor sooner rather than later.
    Boller needs to get into the right state of mind fast, because his lack of gametime showed when he came on today, instantly got sacked twice and found himself hesitant under pressure a few times, his communication with his wide receivers needs working on too. That said there were some moments he was pretty damn brilliant, couple of times he'd just see an opening in the defence line and just run with it and picked up some good yardage.

But I think in all serious Boller will remember that he is infact Kyle Boller, and we'll be throwing in Pryor as a baptism by fire. It'll be interesting to see if the kid can hang. Not expecting him to be an Manning or a Marino, hell sod being a miracle Rookie QB I'm not even expecting him to be a Rich Gannon. But as long as he can deliver solid consistent performances, he's got a good team around him that can guide him in.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL.com Link Looks like Brandon Lloyd is on his way to St. Louis. Still not sure what the Broncos are getting in return.

Heard on the radio that the Raiders were talking to some QB's. Garrard and McCown were both mentioned. Carson Palmers' name was also mentioned, but I only caught this conversation in the middle, so I'm not sure if they've actually contacted the Bengals, or if this was pure speculation. Looks like the Raiders are intent on keeping Pryor on the bench and that they have about as much trust in Boller as I do.

EDIT: Totally forgot that St. Louis resigned Mark Clayton. He's on the PuP, so they should be getting him back soon. Their receiving core looks like it's getting a lot better in a hurry.

EDIT 2: Looks like the Raiders DID contact the Bengals about Palmer. The Bengals Owners' response was, "Nope ... no interest. He can stay retired." Also, looks like the Broncos got a 6th round pick for Lloyd. Could be a 5th, depending on his number of receptions. Ouch.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2011-10-17 at 06:25 PM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT 2: Looks like the Raiders DID contact the Bengals about Palmer. The Bengals Owners' response was, "Nope ... no interest. He can stay retired." Also, looks like the Broncos got a 6th round pick for Lloyd. Could be a 5th, depending on his number of receptions. Ouch.
    Palmer would have been hilarious for the wrong reasons, granted his best days in Cincinatti have been when Hue Jackson was the offensive coach there and seeing them link up again might have some merit. But then you consider why he's retired, and how he'd gotten to dislike the Bengals rough and dirty playstyle, a trade to Oakland would put him in hell at the moment, considering that we're set to break the all time record for fouls in a season.

Well if the worst comes to the worst we could always sign JaMarcus Russell...

Deleted
    Looks like the Raiders DID contact the Bengals about Palmer. The Bengals Owners' response was, "Nope ... no interest. He can stay retired." Also, looks like the Broncos got a 6th round pick for Lloyd. Could be a 5th, depending on his number of receptions. Ouch.
    Can't really blame the bengals for saying no. Oakland looks like a contender for the wildcard spot and so do the Bengals. Helping the Oakland Raiders would be a foolish move at this point in the season. I'm sure if the Dolphins or Colts had come asking they would be more intrigued.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Can't really blame the bengals for saying no. Oakland looks like a contender for the wildcard spot and so do the Bengals. Helping the Oakland Raiders would be a foolish move at this point in the season. I'm sure if the Dolphins or Colts had come asking they would be more intrigued.
    Firstly, no the Bengals do not look like a Wild Card competitor. Not even remotely. The record of their opponents they beat- 7-16. Games against the good teams in their division: 0. They beat a middling Browns team, a terrible Jacksonville team, an incredibly terrible Indy team, and a great win against the Bills. The Bengals have absolutely no shot at all at making the playoffs. Not even remotely. They have two games left against each of the Steelers and Ravens, and then Houston and Tennessee. They luckily get to play the rest of the NFC West still which is terrible. If the Bengals finish with 6+ wins I will be impressed. Hell I thought they would only win 2-3 games all season so they are already beyond my expectations.

Moral of the stroy, Mike Brown is an egotistical moron. He wouldn't be interested in anyone that came knocking for Palmer because he absolutely refuses to cave to demands of his players. Remember when he could have dealt Chad Johnson for a first or second round pick to a number of teams but refused? That worked out well. Now he is refusing to deal Palmer even though he could actually improve his franchise thanks to his ego and stubborness. There is a reason Cinncy has no shot at winning the Super Bowl anytime soon or anytime in recent memory. There is a reason Cinncy is far and away the worst attended team in the NFL. That reason is Mike Brown.

On Lloyd, yoikes what horrible compensation. Considering they are also apparently looking to deal Royal and potentially others you have to wonder what is going on. Great move for the Rams giving up practically nothing for a guy who is going to help out Bradford big time. Speaking of giving up nothing, how bout that Texans deal to get Mason from the Jets. No compensation owed if he catches less than 33 balls the rest of the year. That is how much they wanted him gone.

---------- Post added 2011-10-17 at 04:35 PM ----------

Well if the worst comes to the worst we could always sign JaMarcus Russell...
    Or Brett Favre...

Not a lot of options on the table really. Stick with Loller, bring in Delhomme or Favre, give Pryor a shot, or try and trade for someone's backup. They need someone in there that can at the very least look like a threat to pass the ball to keep guys from stacking at the line to stop McFadden. Favre was pretty good that one year with AD. Sure he was absolutely abysmal that other year with AD, but well, ya there's no defending that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favre can't even pass basic NFL medicals due to concussion, he's retired and not coming back unless I missed something?

Oakland needs to get Denver on the phone and make a deal for Orton asap. Denver has said they are open to trading him in the division. No Orton isn't a superstar, but he's good enough to keep this team afloat and potentially get them to the playoffs. Boller(Seriously, he's still in the league?) is awful. I watched him in baltimore for years. Oakland has no idea what they are getting themselves into with him. He makes the most basic things look difficult.

I do disagree that there is no chance Carson Palmer could be sent to Oakland though. Yes Mike Brown is a stubborn tool and one of the worst owners. But if any team is likely to make some insane offer, it's the Raiders. They might be able to out-crazy Mike Brown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orton being traded in looks like the likely scenario if we can't get Mike Brown to realise sending Palmer to Oakland would be mutually beneficial for both him and us.

Part of me is worried we'll be running with Boller, not because the management does little to nothing before the deadline, but because we simply don't get the options or they decide that Boller really is the guy for the job. I know that watching Oakland means unpredictable risks will happen, but there's doing daft stuff in the hope of a big payoff, and there's just watching a guy and you're worried he'll manage to screw up every time the ball is snapped. It hurt enough to see our awesome passplay team struggle when Gannon was injured a few years back, but if this running offence falls apart because of the QB I'll cry till my ribs hurt.

On the upside, if we do struggle on offence at least they're backed up by an excellent specials team, Janikowski's confidence is at an all time high right now, I'd not batter an eyelid if he takes an opportunity to break the FG record if the situation presents itself. I'd put money on him to convert it too.

Whoever did scheduling and decided Jets/Fins would be great on Monday Night needs to be fired. Even if the Jets were good, it's still an awful game. And now it's like watching two JV high school teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a game? I thought it was a pre match comedy. It's been entertaining simply because they're playing so damn awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Firstly, no the Bengals do not look like a Wild Card competitor. Not even remotely. The record of their opponents they beat- 7-16. Games against the good teams in their division: 0. They beat a middling Browns team, a terrible Jacksonville team, an incredibly terrible Indy team, and a great win against the Bills. The Bengals have absolutely no shot at all at making the playoffs. Not even remotely. They have two games left against each of the Steelers and Ravens, and then Houston and Tennessee. They luckily get to play the rest of the NFC West still which is terrible. If the Bengals finish with 6+ wins I will be impressed. Hell I thought they would only win 2-3 games all season so they are already beyond my expectations.
    I have to agree with this for no other reason that I can't see both wild card teams coming out of the same division.

Injuries not withstanding, I don't see either of the Ravens or Steelers falling off enough to push themselves out of the playoffs, meaning whoever doesn't win the division is locking up one of the wild card spots. Not saying it couldn't happen, but they'd have to get by the Bills, Jets, Titans, Texans, Chargers and Raiders. Yes, each of those teams has a lot of questions and yes, 2 of those teams will end up winning the South and West, removing them from the list, but that's still 4 other teams for the Bengels to get past. That's without mentioning that they still have games against the Steelers (twice), Ravens (twice), Houston and Tennessee.

I like Dalton and definitely think they're a team to look out for in the future but I just don't think this is their year. Of course I also thought this when they first got Palmer too.

Moral of the stroy, Mike Brown is an egotistical moron. He wouldn't be interested in anyone that came knocking for Palmer because he absolutely refuses to cave to demands of his players. Remember when he could have dealt Chad Johnson for a first or second round pick to a number of teams but refused? That worked out well. Now he is refusing to deal Palmer even though he could actually improve his franchise thanks to his ego and stubborness. There is a reason Cinncy has no shot at winning the Super Bowl anytime soon or anytime in recent memory. There is a reason Cinncy is far and away the worst attended team in the NFL. That reason is Mike Brown.
    I have to agree with this also. This has more to do the owner being vindictive than it does any kind of playoff implications. By the way, for all the Cerrato fan's out there (), he feels the same way and mentioned how he offered TWO first round picks for Chad Johnson and Browns' response was, "He's not going away ... stop calling."

Speaking of giving up nothing, how bout that Texans deal to get Mason from the Jets. No compensation owed if he catches less than 33 balls the rest of the year. That is how much they wanted him gone.
    Did something happen with the Jets and Mason?

I haven't really kept up w/ Mason since the Ravens cut him (salary reasons), but that trade seemed really odd to me.

I know he's at the end of his career, but I'm sure he's not too happy about sitting behind a guy like Plax who hasn't even played in the league for the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    I do disagree that there is no chance Carson Palmer could be sent to Oakland though. Yes Mike Brown is a stubborn tool and one of the worst owners. But if any team is likely to make some insane offer, it's the Raiders. They might be able to out-crazy Mike Brown.
    Do they have anything to offer in a trade though? Thought I read somewhere that they only have 2 (3?) picks in the next draft.

Orton being traded in looks like the likely scenario if we can't get Mike Brown to realise sending Palmer to Oakland would be mutually beneficial for both him and us.
    I actually think Garrard is the most likely replacement (unless he turns them down for some reason). Not much different than Orton and they don't have to give up anything to get him.

Cambell out SIX WEEKS they are saying now, not rest of the regular season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Cambell out SIX WEEKS they are saying now, not rest of the regular season.
    NFL.com Link

Not sure what to take from this since the only mention of a time frame is Campbells' one quote, "If everything goes right, I could be back in six weeks." Would you even want him back by then if it's week 12 or 13? If you're in the playoff hunt, are you gonna break up whatever chemistry the team has and start a QB that hasn't played in a month-and-a-half plus? If you're already out of it, are you going to want him back there for only 3 or 4 meaningless games?

I really like the show of faith that Jackson gives Boller though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hue Jackson
    If you're a quarterback out there, and you want to come play for the Raiders, give us a call.

Don't know who the next Raiders QB is gonna be, but it looks like it won't be Garrard. Yahoo Sports Link

He'll be having Back Surgery ... and from his agents comments, it looks like the Jags knew he'd eventually need surgery when they cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrards' Agent
    What a first-class organization ... I have lost a lot of respect for them. Nine years of loyalty, and he’s released because they would have to pay him for 4-6 weeks of down time. Now you know why players hold out and try to get everything they can. This team had knowledge we didn’t have. They used it against David’s kind nature and released him. Terrible!

15+ Year Old Account
    Did something happen with the Jets and Mason?

I haven't really kept up w/ Mason since the Ravens cut him (salary reasons), but that trade seemed really odd to me.

I know he's at the end of his career, but I'm sure he's not too happy about sitting behind a guy like Plax who hasn't even played in the league for the past couple of years.

Do they have anything to offer in a trade though? Thought I read somewhere that they only have 2 (3?) picks in the next draft.

I actually think Garrard is the most likely replacement (unless he turns them down for some reason). Not much different than Orton and they don't have to give up anything to get him.
    Apparently there were some bigger locker room issues with Mason from what I heard on NFL radio. Not sure of the extent, but to basically give away your 3rd WR it must have been significant or they really wanted to get their rookie from TCU on the field more.

The Raiders don't have a 1st, 2nd, or third round pick this year iirc. So if they are going to get Palmer, or anyone else, it is going to have to be for a package of late picks, a three team trade, or using 2013 picks.

Garrard is out. Raiders contacted him and he declined informing them he was having back surgery this week. No idea how soon he will be available, but not soon enough to prevent Boller from starting a game lol.

My fantasy team dropped to 4-2 last night. I had a 13 point lead going into the game with Shonn Greene playing for me and the Jets Defense playing for the other guy. I lost by two... I am so, fucking sick of Shonn Greene. He might actually be the biggest non-injury bust I have ever drafted. The Jets are freaking terrible this season. What the hell happened to them? The defense is amazing. Their offense didn't lose anyone aside from Edwards iirc and there is no way at all he could have impacted their running game like this. They just simply can not move the ball on the ground consistently.

Edit: I was wrong, prior to today the Raiders didn't have their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 7th round picks this year. Now they lack a 1st also. Busy draft for the Raiders then lol.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-18 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Raiders don't have a 1st, 2nd, or third round pick this year iirc. So if they are going to get Palmer, or anyone else, it is going to have to be for a package of late picks, a three team trade, or using 2013 picks.
    I imagine that at this stage of his career, Palmer isn't worth that much anyway. I'd go for it, he's a better option than some back-up.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to Jay Glazer, Mike Brown has caved. The Bengals and Raiders have agreed in principal to a trade for Carson Palmer for a 1st round pick and another future pick. Deal isn't done in ink so Brown can still screw it up, but you have to think he has to get this deal done. Who would turn down a 1st round pick plus another pick for a guy that is sitting at home right now? All that is left to do is figure out what the conditional pick is.

If this deal does come to pass it is a pretty good deal for both sides assuming Palmer can deliver up to his potential. He never had an amazing supporting cast in Cinncy before he got injured, but he was always a decent QB. He is coming into a familiar offense, has the best RB in the game to support him, and has a decent but not great set of guys to throw the ball to. I was already on the Oakland bandwagon to win that division. If Palmer works out even decently, I am all in for that team over the Chargers as I still feel they will inevitably choke it away, if not in season then certainly in the playoffs, because Turner is just plain awful as a head coach.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 10:37 AM ----------

According to reports it is a 1st in 2012 and a conditional 1st in 2013. That is a damn steep price to pay for anyone let alone a guy coming off Tommy John's just a few years ago.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-10-18 at 02:28 PM.