Quote Originally Posted by Cosset View Post
    Go Broncos and go Tebow. He may not be pretty right now but look back at manning and brady's first year. Tebow will develop and hopefully be the next John Elway. As someone who has grown up in Denver this sure has been the first exciting year weve had in a long time. Go Broncos!
    Wait. Seriously? Did you just compare him to Manning and Brady? This isn't even Tebow's first year. It's that kind of talk that is a complete disservice to the Tebow. Yes I'm sure it's exciting but come on lol.

Vince Young looked good early and he had better everything. Where is he now?

Somebody give Demaryius Thomas a contract extension.

Perfect way to fly into Colorado next week.

Edit: Damn, just saw that we got NE. Oh well, at least we were good enough to beat a banged up Steelers team.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2012-01-09 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell Atlanta, how do you manage to only score 2 points in a Playoff game?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I just watched the biggest screwjob in nfl history happen to the denver broncos. I am not a fan of either team, just watching the game to pass some time, and I can honestly say that was THE WORST onfield call, and the fastest whistle of an onfield call I have EVER seen, considering they are supposed to let "possible" fumbles play out.

The fact that the broncos would have been on the 18 yard line, clearly scoring position, but he could not challenge it due to the fast whistle, and the steelers scored right after? *hangs head in shame* And I was watching it on a shitty, 24 inch non hd tv aat the time, and I could see it live, knowing instantly it was a backwards pass..but before I could even say it to my friend, the whistle was blowing!

What a complete rigjob that was. That ref should be fired instantly, on the field. Tim Donaghy anyone?
    That happened just... yesterday. Lions=Packers game.

Intentional screw job? Of course not. Bad officiating? All year long, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    That happened just... yesterday. Lions=Packers game.

Intentional screw job? Of course not. Bad officiating? All year long, baby.
    The lions saints game had some bad calls as well, but this fumble was so obviously a fumble to everyone watching, and the ref was like "FUCK GOTTA BLOW WHISTLE AND CALL IT IMCOMPLETE ASAP!"

At least tebow got to be the hero again, soly because of this fuck up

Go Pack Go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Somebody give Demaryius Thomas a contract extension.

Perfect way to fly into Colorado next week.

Edit: Damn, just saw that we got NE. Oh well, at least we were good enough to beat a banged up Steelers team.
    Got to give credit to Tebow for tearing up that Pittsburgh defense. More passing yards against the Steelers than any other team all year long, and they were considered the number one defense! At the end of the day though, nothing satisfies me more than watching Roethlisberger lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Got to give credit to Tebow for tearing up that Pittsburgh defense. More passing yards against the Steelers than any other team all year long, and they were considered the number one defense! At the end of the day though, nothing satisfies me more than watching Roethlisberger lose.
    What's really sad is he got all those yards on only TEN completions.

Seems Warren Sapp was right in week 1. The Steeler D is old, slow and done.

What's really sad is he got all those yards on only TEN completions.

Seems Warren Sapp was right in week 1. The Steeler D is old, slow and done.
    No, they were just desperately missing Ryan Clark. He's their top tackler on the season because he acts as the contain man so #43 can do whatever he wants. Clark missing didn't stop them from stacking the box and forcing Tebow to throw, which obviously had some bad bananas associated with it.

Well, that for me is right up there with Kirk Gibson's World Series homerun on most dramatic sports plays I've watched live on tv. I was completely fooled on the play as I thought he handed the ball off and then when Thomas got around the 50 yard line I realized he was going to score so I started yelling "He got it. He got it" with both arms in the air.

While I doubt they will I do give them a chance against the Pats. How nuts would a Denver-Houston AFC Championship game be?

I feel sorry for San Francisco. They finally get into the playoffs and their first opponent is New Orleans. At least it's not Green Bay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    You won't get the chance Denver Broncos will be crushed "again" by the NE Patriots.We beat you in your house Tebow Pats 41 - Den 23
    You in our house now Tebow.
    Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Erm, that is what I am guessing as well, but this is the NFL, you never know what is going to happen. Also, the Ravens play both NE and Denver next season, so they can still tear Goldilocks and Tebow to tiny bits.

Also, why were you referring to me? I am not Tim Tebow(thankfully), I have made no motion of supporting Denver in this thread: ever. Even in the section that you quoted I even said "my Ravens", I make no notion to claim I am Steve Bisciotti however.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    No, they were just desperately missing Ryan Clark. He's their top tackler on the season because he acts as the contain man so #43 can do whatever he wants. Clark missing didn't stop them from stacking the box and forcing Tebow to throw, which obviously had some bad bananas associated with it.
    The hole where Clark should have been yesterday was enormous. Polamalu certainly did them no favors either. Tebow completely owned him all game long with play actions and scrambles. Look at every single one of those long completions and they were right over the top of Polamalu who was pinching into the box on a play fake. Have to give Tebow credit for actually reading defenses this week. He attacked and destroyed the Steelers biggest deficiency and they won despite seemingly every bounce going against them during the game. Missed facemasks, how on Earth that isn't a fumble on the lateral pass, etc.

If anything, that game illustrates a big difference between the Saints and Steelers this year. The Saints got literally every bounce in the Lions game and they took advantage big time. Getting a first down despite the ball being short of the marker by a foot or two without a measurement being done, check. Three dropped interceptions, check. Inadvertent whistle cancelling a Lions touchdown, check. Drew Brees voluntarily pulling the ball back into his body on 4th and 1 therefore negating his "forward momentum" but they still get granted the terrible spot and the first down, check. Lions d-back brushing a receivers helmet in the end zone, the receiver dropping the ball, yet it still being called a touchdown (until review) and them getting a first down penalty out of it, check. The Lions defense didn't play terribly well, but they had so many things go against them throughout that game. The Lions did literally everything they possibly could to make up for the terrible officiating but it just wasn't enough because the Saints are just too good of a team that will step on your throat if they get the chance whereas the Steelers couldn't do that at all to the Broncos.

Speaking of good teams, how about those Falcons. Three playoffs in four years, two embarrassing losses in their first game, and one loss in their first game while getting fairly controlled by the Cards. Regular season success is nice, but failing to show up for playoff games is pretty terrible. I didn't think they could surpass the embarrassment of getting shellacked by the Packers at home last year, but yikes. How do you get shut out in the playoffs on offense. The Giants defense is good, but it hasn't been that good all year.

Im a steeler fan, so yes this comes with bias no matter what (sorry can't help it)

It wasnt gonna change the game, and like tony Dungy said on the radio today "If you give up an 80 yard touchdown pass, you deserve to lose" but i saw a pretty clear helmet to helmet hit on Emmanuel Sanders (sp?) and theres no call, a helmet to helmet a few weeks ago on Hines Ward by a St. Louis defender, and both were apparently no calls on the field. This tells me a few things

1. Its becoming increasingly clear that helmet to helmet hit rule is not being followed without prejudice. Don't get me wrong harrison is not a safe player but at this rate, you might as well penalize him if hes on the field at all, nothing he does is right in the nfl's eyes.
    2. The rule seems to only apply if a player is sprawled across the ground not moving for 5 minutes. Seems if you just pop right back up its all fine and dandy. These guys are so brain damaged to begin with that any helmet to helmet hit is a risk, assuming that the nfl sees eye to eye with that statement, those hits are illegal.
    3. I thought this was a preventative measure, discouraging any helmet to helmet hits at all.

You know why steeler fans and football fans are irate over helmet to helmet hits, cause we say stuff like players drop levels and end up causing a helmet to helmet hit on themselves and flags fly as a result, but then our team (in my case the steelers) have a player do something and still get whacked in the helmet and nothing happens? ITs a bad system that over and over proves its an inconsistent system.

Looking forward:
    These playoff match ups are awesome, we have a giants squad that looks like the same teams of 4 years prior looking for blood against another Juggernaught. The miracle boy vs the AFC's 2nd most hated team. A high powered defense vs a difficult to match offense, and the ravens squad with no steelers in the bracket.

Were looking at really good ratings this post season and the games can only get better.

Cheers! Lets watch the maddness unfold
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Houston, how are they paying all these big name QB's they have (and currently aren't using/injured).

Matt Schaub
    Matt Leinart
    Jeff Garcia
    Jake Delhomme
    T.J. Yates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    Im a steeler fan, so yes this comes with bias no matter what (sorry can't help it)

It wasnt gonna change the game, and like tony Dungy said on the radio today "If you give up an 80 yard touchdown pass, you deserve to lose" but i saw a pretty clear helmet to helmet hit on Emmanuel Sanders (sp?) and theres no call, a helmet to helmet a few weeks ago on Hines Ward by a St. Louis defender, and both were apparently no calls on the field. This tells me a few things

1. Its becoming increasingly clear that helmet to helmet hit rule is not being followed without prejudice. Don't get me wrong harrison is not a safe player but at this rate, you might as well penalize him if hes on the field at all, nothing he does is right in the nfl's eyes.
    2. The rule seems to only apply if a player is sprawled across the ground not moving for 5 minutes. Seems if you just pop right back up its all fine and dandy. These guys are so brain damaged to begin with that any helmet to helmet hit is a risk, assuming that the nfl sees eye to eye with that statement, those hits are illegal.
    3. I thought this was a preventative measure, discouraging any helmet to helmet hits at all.

You know why steeler fans and football fans are irate over helmet to helmet hits, cause we say stuff like players drop levels and end up causing a helmet to helmet hit on themselves and flags fly as a result, but then our team (in my case the steelers) have a player do something and still get whacked in the helmet and nothing happens? ITs a bad system that over and over proves its an inconsistent system.

Looking forward:
    These playoff match ups are awesome, we have a giants squad that looks like the same teams of 4 years prior looking for blood against another Juggernaught. The miracle boy vs the AFC's 2nd most hated team. A high powered defense vs a difficult to match offense, and the ravens squad with no steelers in the bracket.

Were looking at really good ratings this post season and the games can only get better.

Cheers! Lets watch the maddness unfold
    I agree with you in principle. But there was no H2H yesterday. He hit with his shoulder. It was clean. (It looked bad from the opposite angle, but it was clean). The other big hit that WAS helmet to helmet came after the receiver became a "runner." Those are legal. It's only illegal when the receiver is "defenseless."

I'm more concerned about the rampant holding non-calls, the punt reception interference non-call (after we get called for the EXACT same thing just last week), a PI call on an uncatchable ball, Ben getting slammed, twisted and hit well after the pass repeatedly... no call. Big bad James Harrison nudges Timmy, instant flag.

That said, the game should have been over with a clear fumble they botched in our favor instead. They missed penalties on us too (at least 2-3 facemasks). Officiating has been poor and inconsistent all year. We got the short end often this season, but if you can't overcome them, you're doing something wrong anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    -snip-
    Tebow got a face mask at least once on him that wasn't called either, so that balances out the game.

I agree on the calls being inconsistent, but different people are going to see it different ways. You're not going to get the same call every single time, and yes, certain people are going to be looked at more. I'd put a laser scope on James Harrison at all times. The rules allow too much interpretation anyway.

Guess I'll get my picks out of the way. I was 3-1 last week, maybe my luck continues.

New Orleans at San Francisco: Poor San Francisco won't be able to stop the Saints for long. I've got zero faith in the 49er's offense, and again, all it takes is one defensive stop for the Saints to sway it in their direction
    Denver at New England: Sorry Tebow, the magic isn't lasting any longer. The Pats decimated you last time, they're gonna do it again. And the Pats have got to the be the worst team to ever be this good.
    Houston at Baltimore: No particular reasons here, but I'm gonna ride out Houston as long as they're in. Like the Florida Marlins, taking it all the way so early in their franchise.
    NY Giants at Green Bay: Bias both ways here, but Green Bay is going to pound the Giants into dust. Period.

-snip-
    I did see a really good shoulder hit on one of our recievers in the 2nd half and i wanted to complain, but the refs made a good call.

So i think were talking about different hits. the hit i saw came on the Steelers 2nd to last drive in the first half. Short slant or curl, reciever ran center upfield and did like a qb slide about 2 or 3 yards short of the first down marker. the defender lowered his level and if i recall correctly did like a forward dive into the steeler reciever. All 2 or 3 angles i saw pointed right to a direct helmet to helmet. what should have been a first down, became a 4th down.

let this be made obvious now, i said before that this play in the end most likely would not have changed the game, if a team is leaving the game in the hands of the ref, they have already lost. That said, im not looking for a steeler victory, im looking for at least the illusion of impartial lawmaking.

If youre gonna axe helmet to helmet hits, you gotta get em all, the defender led with his helmet and hit the recievers helmet. The rule even leaves open interpretation, but still seems pretty clear.

g) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or
    facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily.

In other words, you use and lead with your helmet, you are breaking this rule. They also later elaborate a condition of being "defenseless"

b. Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
    (1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or
    shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless
    player by encircling or grasping him; and
    (2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of
    the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.
    Note: The provisions of (2) do not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or helmet in the course of a
    conventional tackle on an opponent.

I cant buy the no call if the rulebook even says the player cant make that kind of hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about the rampant holding non-calls, the punt reception interference non-call (after we get called for the EXACT same thing just last week), a PI call on an uncatchable ball, Ben getting slammed, twisted and hit well after the pass repeatedly... no call. Big bad James Harrison nudges Timmy, instant flag.
    That penalty was correct under the rules, but those rules are total bullshit. Tebow threw the ball and then Harrison took another step and hit him. Tebow wasn't going to get injured on that play. Harrison barely hit him anyways. If he launches for Tebow and hits him helmet to helmet or shoulder to helmet like he has done in the past, sure flag him. But if he is completing his action on his rush and gives the QB a shove, big deal. No one is getting hurt on a play like that. Save roughing the passer calls for the time Tebow got hit in the face with an arm or had his mask twisted. It is incredibly stupid to flag plays like Harrison's hit the incidental open-handed helmet contact on the Lions d-back, etc. No one is getting hurt on those type of plays.

Next week:
    Baltimore obliterates Houston or Baltimore throws 55 times and loses by 7. Depends on which Cameron is calling the game. My prediction, Flacco throws 45 times, Rice rushes 10 times. Baltimore wins by 3 thanks to an Ed Reed pick.
    New England game comes down to controlling Gronk and Hernandez. I don't think the Broncos can consistently do that all game. New England 24-17.
    Green Bay and New York is the opposite of their last fireworks session. Green Bay's defense shows up. Manning turns back into bad Eli. Packers win 31-17.
    Can San Fran score 21 points? My money is on no (barring 2 Ted Ginn return TDs) and it will take 21 at the minimum to beat the Saints. 28-17 Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Next week:
    Baltimore obliterates Houston or Baltimore throws 55 times and loses by 7. Depends on which Cameron is calling the game. My prediction, Flacco throws 45 times, Rice rushes 10 times. Baltimore wins by 3 thanks to an Ed Reed pick.
    New England game comes down to controlling Gronk and Hernandez. I don't think the Broncos can consistently do that all game. New England 24-17.
    Green Bay and New York is the opposite of their last fireworks session. Green Bay's defense shows up. Manning turns back into bad Eli. Packers win 31-17.
    Can San Fran score 21 points? My money is on no (barring 2 Ted Ginn return TDs) and it will take 21 at the minimum to beat the Saints. 28-17 Saints.
    - Baltimore will find a way to keep it close even though it should be a blowout.
    - I actually think NY gives GB a game. But I think GB squeaks it out(Although this NY team reminds me a lot of the team that won it all, right down to how their season has played out).
    - I think NE butchers Denver. I said it before and I'll say it again. This is the the game Belichick and Brady live for. A chance to be the big bad wolf. A chance to give the middle finger to the media and the Tebow myth.
    - I might be the only person who thinks San Fran is going to beat NO. That defense has every capability to stop Brees. The Niners aren't going to drop INT's the way Detroit did. They're not going to let the Saints run the ball the way Detroit did. Drew Brees, meet Aldon Smith.

BTW, how long before we start hearing "Matt Ryan is not the answer" talk? You know it's coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts on scores this Div round:

Houston @ Baltimore: Game starts off hot for Baltimore with a couple of Touchdowns in rapid fashion due to shell shock in TJ Yates' first experience in an away playoff game, 14-6 at halftime. Cam Cameron comes out of the half playing prevent offense yet again and the Texans gain a lead by the end of the third quarter 20-14. TO start off the fourth quarter, Ray Lewis rips Cam Cameron's head off and throws it into the crowd to don the Offensive Playbook and call the shots. In a joyful frenzy, the Raven's offense scores on the first play from scrimmage in the fourth to put it at 21-20. Terrell Suggs finally gets to Yates after being held off all game and forces a fumble which is returned for a TD by Haloti Ngata, lighting up the crowd. Final score: Ravens 36, Houston 23.

Denver @ New England: In the first quarter both starting quarterbacks go down, with Tom Brady being sandwiched between Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil while Vince Wilfork downright ate Tim Tebow. The newly Ryan Mallet led Patriots win to the tune of 34-10.

New York Giants @ Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers is slammed to the turf five times overall, fumbling it twice. Eli Manning has an on-off game, throwing two picks, but leading the Giants to victory in a squeaker: 45-42

New Orleans @ San Fransisco: Patrick Willis suddenly activates Ray Lewis mode, causing Darren Sproles to fumble on the first play from scrimmage with a bone jarring collision, the 49er's strike first with a field goal due to their offense stalling out. Drew Brees responds in kind driving down the field for a TD, but on the ensuing kickoff the Saints special teams falls apart, allowing the 49er's to take the lead back with a return TD. The remainder of the game is very similar, only with Alex Smith suddenly getting possessed by the spirit of Joe Montana. 49er's take it 35-28.

*These scores merely depict exactly how I want the games to go, do not take them seriously at all* The only real thing that I think could be different though, would be the NYG/GB game going the other way.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2012-01-09 at 08:17 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!