10+ Year Old Account
    Cincinnati are also apparently looking at Green-Ellis as well as Bush, with the former also due to visit early next week.

Some reason I don't seem them taking both, and Bush won't want to come from being second to McFadden to being secondary elsewhere.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    [/COLOR]OMG the Lions just gave Megatron the biggest contract in NFL history. 8 years, $132 million. $16.5 million per year. I think my brain just broke at how much money that is. $60 million in guaranteed money.
    Dios mio! I would never make a WR the highest paid player. The position depends on a QB to do anything. I can't think of a worse way to spend money besides giving it to a punter or kicker. Hell, even the kicker and punter do not rely on another position for success.

I know he is awesome, but not that awesome. Am I just missing something here?
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    And yea Megatron can laugh all the way to the bank with that deal. Sure he is good but tbh I think it's a bit overpriced. It's just... insane.
    I love Megatron, but I am not happy about that deal at all. That is way too much money over the length of the deal. I blame this on Dan Snyder also. Johnson's people must have argued that he is literally three or four of Pierre Garçon and should be paid like it. It drops his cap number big time this year though from like $22 million previously to only about $9 million. That should free them up some money right now to resign Stephen Tulloch, who I would have been absolutely pissed to lose, and go after maybe another defensive free agent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry Dallas fans. When Romo "collapses" and you demand the team goes to the back up, Kyle Orton is there to save the day. In all honesty, I think Bush's free agent tour ends in Cinncy on Monday.
    If I hadn't said it enough here, Romo is underrated, or at least doesn't deserve most of the shit people throw at him. Signing Orton? Not too worried. Orton is a great back-up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If I hadn't said it enough here, Romo is underrated, or at least doesn't deserve most of the shit people throw at him. Signing Orton? Not too worried. Orton is a great back-up.
    I love Romo. If the Lions didn't have Stafford I would take him in a heartbeat. I think so many people blame him still for dropping that kick hold a couple years ago when he shouldn't have been out there anyways. Seriously, who sends your starting QB out to hold a kick? That is just an absolutely super way for them to have the hand or fingers broken. Between that and the Dallas collapses last year, which only the Lions one can really be placed on him, he gets way more crap then he deserves. Maybe he shouldn't have dated Jessica Simpson.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 04:09 PM ----------

Speaking of the Cowboys, they signed Brandon Carr. Just a slight upgrade over Newman lol.

Seems like I missed something out lol. I didn't knew he was at Chicago.. I'm surpriced they even wanted him.
    My top 5 for what the Bears needs now is;
    1. DE
    2. WR
    3. CB
    4. OL
    5. TE
    And yea Megatron can laugh all the way to the bank with that deal. Sure he is good but tbh I think it's a bit overpriced. It's just... insane.

Mmm the only reason I can see why they want him is because they just KNOW that Forte will not sign another contract. Just seems like a RB that you would have as number 1 at some team, that needs one. Forte/Bush could be a good combo, and I welcome him if he is cheaper than what the Bears gave for Marshall.
    Good luck to Orton in Dallas. Is he going to be 2th QB?
    Why is DE so high for you? I dont see that as a primary need at all with Peppers and Idonije manning the starting positions. Both did very well last year. Can get another guy for security and the rotation thats all. For me the #1 need is Safety cause my god the bears ones cant play very well and continue to get beat deep. After that it would be something on offensive line, somebody to be a staple for them. TE would be nice Im just not sure what there really is unless you draft a rook you like

I disagree about Forte I believe he will get resigned during this year. The media made such a big deal about him not getting paid and they dont even udnerstand the facts. Everybody acted like the bears were just dissing him. They offered him a deal. A pretty nice deal. but because of Chris Johnson and Jonathan Stewart he wanted more. The thing is though... those guys got TERRIBLE DEALS! Just cause one team is dumb and overpays doesnt mean you have to. I'll sit here and listen to Mike and Mike how Chris Johnson is proof that Matt Forte needs the big deal now cause you dont know how long youll be good and im just like "LOL WTF" thats actually the exact opposite proof of why the Bears SHOULDNT overpay him not a reason why they should. I have no problem giving the man good money Im not giving him top 3 money as hes not a top 3 RB. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnson's cap number at the end of the contract was so ridiculous there was no way he could be franchised, he had complete leverage in his future contract

his franchise tag number would have been something like $26 million

I like Meachem going to SD, though I hate to see him leave the Saints, its a good opportunity in the wake of Jackson's departure and there was no way he was gonna be able to get comparable money in NO

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Olineman on the market. Bucs just released Center, Jeff Faine.

Eagles sign WR DeSean Jackson to a long term deal; 5 years, $48.5 Mil. (not sure how much of that is guaranteed) That doesn't seem too bad considering some of the WR contracts over the past 2 days.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 08:46 PM ----------

Eric Winston and Eric Mathis (G, Eagles) set to visit w/ Ravens. Yay

ProFootballFocus.com had Mathis as their top rated guard in the NFL last year. Didn't allow a sack all year and did well run blocking.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-03-15 at 12:37 PM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry Dallas fans. When Romo "collapses" and you demand the team goes to the back up, Kyle Orton is there to save the day. In all honesty, I think Bush's free agent tour ends in Cinncy on Monday.
    Lol as a Cowboys fan, the "Romo haters" irk me. Sure he screws up sometimes but he's a hell of a lot better than what a lot of other teams have.

10+ Year Old Account
    LG Ben Grubbs signs with the Saints () 5 years, $36 Mil. with $10 Mil. guaranteed.

Titans off Peyton a Deal for Life. Basically, sounds like he'd be the starting QB for as long as he wanted to keep playing and he would have a spot in the front office once he decided to retire.
    Last edited by Elbren; 2012-03-15 at 03:00 PM.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Long qoute done short.
    The reason why I want a another DE is to improve our pass rushing. Mario Williams would be great to have, or Kamerion Wimbley if he gets released.
    Never said that Forte woudn't resign with the Bears. I'm sure Emry will get a deal in the house, but why would a guy like Bush be the 2th guy, when he clearly is a 1th guy? So as I said the only reason I see him signin with the Bears is because they just KNOW that Forte wont sign a deal, or they can get Bush really really cheap.
    Good god I havn't followed FA today, it's all about Diablo3! (Right back on topic.)
    Right I still hope the Bears manage to get Royal, would be sweet to add him to the roster.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still hope the Bears manage to get Royal, would be sweet to add him to the roster.
    The Redskins have started courting Royal too. They also have CB Aaron Ross visiting today and S Brandon Meriweather visiting some time soon. (not exactly sure when)

I hate my browns organization so damn much... I'm I. A terrible terrible mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario Williams is still in Buffalo. It's looking more and more likely that he's gonna sign w/ the Bills.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    At least they got rid of Peyton Hillis And they just signed Bengals DE Frostee Rucker who had a decent year last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Dios mio! I would never make a WR the highest paid player. The position depends on a QB to do anything. I can't think of a worse way to spend money besides giving it to a punter or kicker. Hell, even the kicker and punter do not rely on another position for success.

Well, the current pass-dominant era the NFL is in makes a WR with his physique, talents and age a supremely desirable commodity. Granted, you need a good QB to exploit a WR to their fullest, but I can understand what makes Megatron so valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pats are having LaRon Landry visit this weekend. Hopefully, he doesn't pull anything walking off the plane.

someone in our division has to look bad :P. You guys gotta be working some seriously bad karma.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Mario Williams is still in Buffalo. It's looking more and more likely that he's gonna sign w/ the Bills.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 11:23 AM ----------

At least they got rid of Peyton Hillis And they just signed Bengals DE Frostee Rucker who had a decent year last year.
    Worst decision of them all. I'll admit hillis is an above average back but the people of Cleveland live and breath his style and attitude, he wasn't just a player but an icon here. The organization underestimated how good he was for the city and just spat in our faces.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post

Maybe you missed the fact that they have a 5000 yard passer on that team, as well?

15+ Year Old Account
    Worst decision of them all. I'll admit hillis is an above average back but the people of Cleveland live and breath his style and attitude, he wasn't just a player but an icon here. The organization underestimated how good he was for the city and just spat in our faces.
    So you guys would rather have a running back that had his production plummet last season, admitted to sitting out games he could have played, etc. over looking for a better option? Peyton Hillis is replaceable.

Can't believe Mario signed with the Bills.