Surprised Brees was held under 300 yards. Me happy.

How about 'em, the Broncos!?!? With the easiest remaining schedule I'm not surprised if the Broncos finish 13-3.

Quote Originally Posted by voorswrath View Post
    How about 'em, the Broncos!?!? With the easiest remaining schedule I'm not surprised if the Broncos finish 13-3.
    Yeah that's a longshot. Ravens are going to be tough, Rivers and SD will eventually fall out of their funk and Oakland is looking confident. Bucs are also dangerous.

Eli Manning and Jamaal Charles lost my game for me this week. 6 points together? Really guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voorswrath View Post
    I don't see them getting the win at Baltimore, and away games in the division always have the tendency to produce odd results.

I'll tentatively put them at 11-5.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

went to the steelers/redskins game yesterday, notice a few things.

1. my eyes are bleeding for one obvious reason
    2. The way Dwyer runs makes me think of jerome bettis again, this guy is solid.
    3. Despite clark going out, polamalu being out, and all other defensive woes, the steelers very selectively blitzed and humorous did what few other teams could do all season, Contain RGIII. Chalk up several dropped passes to the rain, but its not like the rain hurt just the redskins.
    4. Back to Dwyer, he's the first steeler running back to have back to back 100 yd games since i believe willie parker in 08.
    5 Ben roethlisberger was never sacked against a potent redskins front 7, I feel Todd Haley's quick pass scheme is helping and the O-line is certainly improving.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Rivers and SD will eventually fall out of their funk
    Lol. Here's all I have to say about San Diego. Can anyone give me one reason why Norv Turner is still the coach of the Chargers? Literally one reason that makes some amount of sense. The Chargers are one of the most inept teams in the NFL and it isn't like this is something new. Turner took over a 14-2 team in 2007 and subsequently made it worse every single year.
    2007: 11-5
    2008: 8-8 but division title
    2009: 13-3 first round bye, promptly lost to the wild card team
    2010: 9-7
    2011: 8-8
    2012: If they have more than 7 wins I'll be honestly surprised.

So outside of one year, the Chargers have regressed, badly. If you honestly think the Chargers are going to "fall out of their funk" you haven't been watching this team for the last couple years. This is who the Chargers are. They are mediocre on the field in all facets of the game and they are downright horrible on the sidelines. The Chargers just came off a bye and lost 7-6 to one of the three worst teams in the NFL.

I am a huge Manning homer, but this division is over. The Broncos season was literally their first six games. If they came out of that with a new QB who hadn't played in a year and a new offensive system while playing three of the best teams in the NFL with a record above 2-4 it was going to be impressive. They came out 3-3 while having frankly blown a win in there and all the losses were close. The Broncos are going to kill about half the teams on their remaining schedule and they should be a favorite or heavy favorite in every single game they have left except in Baltimore. They play Tampa at home, significant advantage Broncos. Oakland looks confident? They just beat two of the bottom three in the NFL (Jags, KC, and Browns at the bottom three) and they barely won either one of those games. @Cinncy and @Balt are literally their own even somewhat tough game left and you never know what Cinncy team is going to show up. The more the coaches take the reins off Peyton and let him dictate the offensive pace and play calling, like he has done more and more over the last couple years and did during his tenure in Indy, the better Denver is going to get. Manning is having one of his best seasons ever and that is with working with a completely new group of players. If I am an AFC team, I want absolutely no part of Denver going forward.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 12:58 PM ----------

Other thoughts:
    -I think the Vick era in Philly is as close to over as it is going to get. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the front office forces Reid to put in the rookie in the next couple weeks unless something changes big time.
    -What the fuck Pittsburgh? Usually when teams where throwbacks, the sole motivation is to boost jersey sales. That ain't happening in Pittsburgh with those jerseys. Those things were bad. A couple years ago, the Habs wore a similar jersey in Montreal that were red, white, and blue striped with basically the exact same pattern as the Steelers jersey. I still think those are slightly worse, but the Steelers jerseys were the closest to those I ever thought I'd see. No one bought those Habs jerseys and no one is going to buy those Steelers jerseys.
    -I found myself rooting against the Lions yesterday. I was surprised.
    -Way to no show in Jacksonville Green Bay. I was expecting some fantasy slaughter. It didn't occur and I was sad.
    -Its Tebow Time. Put him in and see if Sporano can maybe call a functional offense for him. Sanchez threw something like 58 times yesterday. Mark Sanchez. Mark "career 50% passer" Sanchez. Mark "my team has zero NFL caliber receivers" Sanchez. Fire Sporano, put Tebow out there and let them just play sandlot football. Surely that can't look worse than they currently do.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-10-29 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    -What the fuck Pittsburgh? Usually when teams where throwbacks, the sole motivation is to boost jersey sales. That ain't happening in Pittsburgh with those jerseys. Those things were bad. A couple years ago, the Habs wore a similar jersey in Montreal that were red, white, and blue striped with basically the exact same pattern as the Steelers jersey. I still think those are slightly worse, but the Steelers jerseys were the closest to those I ever thought I'd see. No one bought those Habs jerseys and no one is going to buy those Steelers jerseys.
    I have family in Pittsburgh, ive spent more time in that city than i can remember. On top of that i was actually at the game, and there was a staggering number of people wearing those jerseys. If youre looking at long term sales, no they wont mean big bucks for Pitt or the NFL, but the way that city is, the way they support their team, people will want a momento of that game, and that jersey does an exceptionally good job of reminding people who may never come back what their trip was like. That said, i would never buy that jersey.
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I don't see them getting the win at Baltimore, and away games in the division always have the tendency to produce odd results.

I'll tentatively put them at 11-5.
    The Ravens do play better at home, but it wouldn't shock me at all to see them lose to the Broncos. People in Baltimore don't like to admit it, but this is probably the worst defense we've had since the mid/late 90's. The defensive line consists of Haloti Ngata and nothing else. Offensive linemen are consistently pushing threw to the linebackers and teams can basically run at-will. Our corners are terrible; Williams is doing everything possible to prove that last year was a fluke year and for as bad as he's been, Smith (a former 1st round pick) has yet to beat him out on the depth chart. It took a season-ending injury to Webb for Smith to see full time on the field.

It's looking like the only way for this team to win now is if they consistently put up a ridiculous amount of points and I just don't trust this offensive line or Cam Camerons's playcalling to do that. Houston showed last week that a good offense can score at-will on this defense and Cam Cameron showed, once again, that if he's down by even 3 points, he's shutting down Ray Rice and making Flacco throw, throw and throw again. I have a very bad feeling that Flacco is going to be spending most of the game on his back, staring up at Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    I have family in Pittsburgh, ive spent more time in that city than i can remember. On top of that i was actually at the game, and there was a staggering number of people wearing those jerseys. If youre looking at long term sales, no they wont mean big bucks for Pitt or the NFL, but the way that city is, the way they support their team, people will want a momento of that game, and that jersey does an exceptionally good job of reminding people who may never come back what their trip was like. That said, i would never buy that jersey.
    There must be a staggering number of blind people in Pittsburgh lol.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 02:58 PM ----------

NFL rescheduled the trade deadline to Thursday because of the hurricane. And still there will be no major trades.

10+ Year Old Account
    NFL rescheduled the trade deadline to Thursday because of the hurricane. And still there will be no major trades.
    NFL.com is trying to get shit going about Braylon Edwards being a trade prospect. Seattle would be dumb to depart with him unless they got somebody proven good. Plus the team loves him.

I think the worst part about being a Seattle fan is always saying "well maybe next year." I'll probably eat those words when they go on a winning streak with their fairly easy schedule coming up till december, but unless the top NFC teams start tanking, I don't see it happening anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

They really need to change this.

Really no point in having it this early in the season. No one is going to give up talent when at least 80% of the league is still, technically, in the playoff hunt. When was the last meaningful trade that was made in-season??
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    They really need to change this.

Really no point in having it this early in the season. No one is going to give up talent when at least 80% of the league is still, technically, in the playoff hunt. When was the last meaningful trade that was made in-season??

trade deadline in the NFl is generally very silly, so few teams actually look for a trade during the season, and rarely is it for high profiile players. This isnt baseball or basketball, schemes in football are a lot to learn, you lose a week on your trade basically by executing a trade.

Honestly im more in favor of them disallowing trades during the regular season, as teams basically have all the personnel they needed during season.
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

eagles started 4-8 last year, same number of injuries, defense was playing worse, OL was the youngest since the merger
    eagles are 3-4 now, 2 games out of first in the NFCE, dominated that division for a long time now and have most of their division games left to play still and they seem to be imploding lol

media seems to have gotten to them. hope they don't give up and start foles though, he has no chance, RG3 and cam wouldn't have a chance because neither of htem can get away from pressure like vick and they're down to 2 OL on the roster who made the cut, 4 from the practice squad, 3 of those starting. worst OL in my lifetime that wouldn't compete at a college level

just gonna ruin foles, any chance at saving the season and any faith anyone still had in reid

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Yeah that's a longshot. Ravens are going to be tough, Rivers and SD will eventually fall out of their funk and Oakland is looking confident. Bucs are also dangerous.
    The Ravens are banged up missing out on Lewis, Webb, and others. Throws in with Peyton's love to play against the Ravens which he went 7-2 against with a couple of subpar Colts teams he carried to the playoffs. I think the Broncos pull a close one in Baltimore.

The Chargers will have to come to Mile High City to play the Broncos. No way we will lose to them here in Denver.

The Raiders' victories were against the Chiefs, and the Jaguars. I'll give them some credits for beating Steelers, but nothing else to write about.

We get to play the Bucs here in Denver on Dec 2. They won't like the weather here in Denver plus the altitude as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    NFL.com is trying to get shit going about Braylon Edwards being a trade prospect. Seattle would be dumb to depart with him unless they got somebody proven good. Plus the team loves him.

I think the worst part about being a Seattle fan is always saying "well maybe next year." I'll probably eat those words when they go on a winning streak with their fairly easy schedule coming up till december, but unless the top NFC teams start tanking, I don't see it happening anymore.
    Gonna toss this out there. Dwayne Bowe. Seattle needs a #1 receiver. Rice is a #2 imo. Every single week with that team it is "they would have won if the receiver didn't drop the damn ball." That has directly lost them at least one game this year and killed a drive or two against the Lions. Bowe is reportedly on the market since he wants out of KC badly (who wouldn't). If you can get Bowe for a 2nd or something similar why not do it?

Other names being kicked around on the market are Cook the TE from the Titans, Steven Jackson since he is rapidly being replaced, Williams the RB from Carolina who has been replaced but iirc has a horrible contract, and Legarette Blount in Tampa among others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna toss this out there. Dwayne Bowe. Seattle needs a #1 receiver. Rice is a #2 imo. Every single week with that team it is "they would have won if the receiver didn't drop the damn ball." That has directly lost them at least one game this year and killed a drive or two against the Lions. Bowe is reportedly on the market since he wants out of KC badly (who wouldn't). If you can get Bowe for a 2nd or something similar why not do it?

Other names being kicked around on the market are Cook the TE from the Titans, Steven Jackson since he is rapidly being replaced, Williams the RB from Carolina who has been replaced but iirc has a horrible contract, and Legarette Blount in Tampa among others.
    I dunno. I like Rice and I'm a huge fan of him, I think he can fit the role of number one a lot. The thing is, everybody knows hes number one and we've got really nobody else and they cover him with their best.

I was hoping Golden Tate would step up... he makes a lot of rookie mistakes and he isn't a rookie. Doug Baldwin is out, but he can perform well and is rumored to have the best synergy with Wilson. Ben Obamanu I never was a fan of.. hes always been very meh. Reminds me of an older Tate, but sometimes makes big plays. Charlie Martin made one good play in preseason, got hurt really bad on the 20 attempts in the endzone at the arizona game and is just getting back. Braylon Edwards. This guy I just don't know. It feels like the coaching staff hates him or something. Maybe they are using him as bait. But you gotta make your bait look good in order to sell it off to somebody.

I don't think our receiving core is as bad as it seems on paper, but its just inconsistent as hell. Yesterday they played good, played very shitty against the 49ers, played good against the patriots, played ok against carolina. I really think Pete has the tools needed to win games. They aren't like, on par with the giants receivers or anything but they are good. What I hate is how they are turning Russell into a screen passer. Hes better throwing deep balls. Our receivers aren't good at making yards after catching the balls. I honestly think our offensive play calling is the reason for the inconstancy in the receivers. Because the shittier we do, the more I find myself screaming "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT PLAY" at my screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome game by the 49er defense tonight. And holy hell, that YAC on offense. That is fantastic to see. One hitng that drives me nuts is wondering what Alex Smith is going to show up week by week, the patient, accurate one that was tonight. I mean, the only incomplete pass was a drop. Or the one that was palying against the Giants, with three interceptions.

You need to give props to the Cards players that did well tonight, Campbell mauled everything tonight, that man is a MONSTER. And then Fitz, truly that man is the class of the NFL, fighting like hell at the end there, after having taken a beating and knowing that even if you score, you still lose. Larry Fitzgerald, you will likely never read this, but you are one of my favorite players in the NFL because of your incredible acts both on and off the field, and you are the kind of guy who I am proud to look up to and yet consider a rival due to my favorite team being the 49ers.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fitzgerald is amazing. In the days of drama, hype, and attitude filled star WR's, Fitzgerald is incredibly humble and spirited. I agree, my favorite player in the NFL as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lions traded an undisclosed draft pick to the Jags for WR Mike Thomas. I know what you're thinking. Who is Mike Thomas? Mike Thomas is a receiver who has played 52 NFL games and has 6 TDs receiving, 1 on a return. He is terrible and the Lions just traded away something possibly useful for someone absolutely worthless. This is why I hate the Lions. You can make a trade without it being a major splash and still help your team. This move doesn't help the Lions at all.