10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I PM'ed conscript to ask if he was interested in doing it, but if you feel up to setting it up then perfect. I've been using ESPN for my mock drafts, have you any idea which site you will use? I'd like to see their stuff in action so I'm accustomed to where I need to look for information and such.
    If con wants to do it than thats fine.

It'll be yahoo or espn. I have to research it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    If con wants to do it than thats fine.

It'll be yahoo or espn. I have to research it.
    Feel free to start it up this year if you want Vet. I'll have to make sure to watch closely for sign ups. I have a chance to be more active on this site, finally. Missed you guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Feel free to start it up this year if you want Vet. I'll have to make sure to watch closely for sign ups. I have a chance to be more active on this site, finally. Missed you guys.
    Alright, it'd be cool if you could participate. Plus more active posters is always a good thing.

Stafford got signed an extension, chops off about 4m over the next few years. I've always kinda been a Stafford supporter, though I don't agree with how much hes getting paid. On par with Brees and Flacco money wise. Then you got Megatron getting paid a ton (rightfully so).

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, it'd be cool if you could participate. Plus more active posters is always a good thing.

Stafford got signed an extension, chops off about 4m over the next few years. I've always kinda been a Stafford supporter, though I don't agree with how much hes getting paid. On par with Brees and Flacco money wise. Then you got Megatron getting paid a ton (rightfully so).
    Stafford is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. He has awful mechanics. His stats are only so inflated because he plays with the best receiver in the NFL who can catch literally anything within 20 feet of him and on a team that has literally no running game. If the Lions had a consistent running game at all his stats would plummet. He is a turnover machine (23 last year), he threw a TD every 36.3 attempts last year (727 attempts, 20 TDs), but the year before he put up monster stats. One of those years is probably an anomaly. But hey, Stafford is a QB that 15+ teams in the NFL would kill to have and you absolutely have to lock up one of those guys when you have the chance.

Its the problem the Cowboys have with Tony Romo. Everybody in the league wants an elite QB, but there are maybe 6 or 7 of those guys max. If they dump Stafford there's just nobody better to go get.

Romo is miles better than Stafford.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was reading about Stafford earlier. He is 1-26 against teams over .500

Guess what that 1 team is?

Yup, Seattle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...just-how-i-am/

Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else been watching the 2013 Jaworski QB Rankings on ESPN? Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the list so far. I think RG3 is to high, Romo and Rivers to low.

Here is the list.

13 Robert Griffin III 71.4
    14 Jay Cutler 51.9
    15 Tony Romo 62.7
    16 Matthew Stafford 58.9
    17 Philip Rivers 40.6
    18 Cam Newton 54.2
    19 Andy Dalton 50.7
    20 Alex Smith 70.1
    21 Josh Freeman 53.1
    22 Sam Bradford 51.6
    23 Carson Palmer 44.7
    24 Ryan Tannehill 52.3
    25 Michael Vick 46.0
    26 Brandon Weeden 26.6
    27 Christian Ponder 53.8
    28 Mark Sanchez 23.4
    29 Chad Henne 29.9
    30 Kevin Kolb 38.0
    31 Jake Locker 48.1
    32 Matt Flynn 23.4

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the number on the right? Anyway, I think Cam should be higher, Cutler probably lower. If they're going by last year only, yeah, Philip Rivers and Carson Palmer make sense, but if the rankings are based on career, Rivers at least deserves to be higher. Also, Alex Smith should be higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What's the number on the right? Anyway, I think Cam should be higher, Cutler probably lower. If they're going by last year only, yeah, Philip Rivers and Carson Palmer make sense, but if the rankings are based on career, Rivers at least deserves to be higher. Also, Alex Smith should be higher.
    Sorry the number on the right is Total Quarterback Rating (QBR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Rivers at least deserves to be higher.
    w0t. I'd put Rivers on my do or die list for 2013.

10+ Year Old Account
    w0t. I'd put Rivers on my do or die list for 2013.
    Damn you harsh considering they are in rebuild mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a Hawks fan since day one I still hate everyone in the AFC West so it kinda made me laff at the Bronco front office having a couple of lushes. no wonder Russell ran into a marked cruiser his BaC was .246 You have to be pretty faded to have a content that high. 7 hrs after being busted Heckert's was still a .162 which is a pretty solid buzz LOL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-the-arrest/
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been away from the thread for a while. Hope yall have a enjoyable 2013 season. I cant wait.

Any opinions on AFC east?

Pats still own the division in spite of all the distractions? They still have Belichick and Brady.

Miami's year?

Jets still a sideshow?

Bills?
    Last edited by kunah; 2013-07-11 at 03:09 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Damn you harsh considering they are in rebuild mode.
    Yeah, but have they had a consistent coaching staff while Rivers has been QB? I don't know that, or does it really sway my opinion. He threw away a shut out performance at the half against Denver. He plays against a 1 team division right now honestly. Chiefs might do better than first round draft level this year, but still. No excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    Been away from the thread for a while. Hope yall have a enjoyable 2013 season. I cant wait.

Any opinions on AFC east?

Pats still own the division in spite of all the distractions? They still have Belichick and Brady.

Miami's year?

Jets still a sideshow?

Bills?
    Patriots still on top. Miami getting better. Possibly better than .500. Jets still a 3 ring circus with Rex Ryan, and the Bills probably on the upswing but not near Miami.

I think Buffalo is going to be terrible. although their schedule is pretty favorable. Miami is mediocre, but their schedule is pretty brutal to start: @Cleveland, @Indy, Atl, @NO, and Balt. That sucks. Then they get the early bye week, so no rest late in the season. The Jets should be lousy. The in conference games are going to be awful. New England should walk away with the division again. They have two tough games down the stretch @Houston and @Balt, but those will probably matter more for playoff seeding than the division race.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but have they had a consistent coaching staff while Rivers has been QB? I don't know that, or does it really sway my opinion. He threw away a shut out performance at the half against Denver. He plays against a 1 team division right now honestly. Chiefs might do better than first round draft level this year, but still. No excuse.

Patriots still on top. Miami getting better. Possibly better than .500. Jets still a 3 ring circus with Rex Ryan, and the Bills probably on the upswing but not near Miami.
    I believe in Belichick. He seems to be able to always put a good team on the field. Some good receivers will emerge from all this.

I think we will have a week to week Rex Ryan firing watch this season. They start slow, then he's out mid season.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah Norv Turner was there longer than he should have been. He will always be a better O-coordinator then a head coach. To be fair they went 4-2 in their division only losing to Denver twice. I tend to give QB's more rope when they have to carry their offenses because their rushing attack finished like 30th.

I agree that the Patriots are King of their division until proven otherwise. Until the Jets get rid of Mr.Buttfumble they don't have a chance. Miami is trending up and are worth watching this year. Bills have some more work to get done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    I believe in Belichick. He seems to be able to always put a good team on the field. Some good receivers will emerge from all this.

I think we will have a week to week Rex Ryan firing watch this season. They start slow, then he's out mid season.
    Belichick + Brady will always be a winning combo IMO.

Yeah Norv Turner was there longer than he should have been. He will always be a better O-coordinator then a head coach. To be fair they went 4-2 in their division only losing to Denver twice. I tend to give QB's more rope when they have to carry their offenses because their rushing attack finished like 30th.

I agree that the Patriots are King of their division until proven otherwise. Until the Jets get rid of Mr.Buttfumble they don't have a chance. Miami is trending up and are worth watching this year. Bills have some more work to get done.
    I give QBs a lot of rope as well, but I don't really see anything striking about him.

Like I believe in Tannehill, Romo, Cutler even if hes going to be thrown into a read option offense this year.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Thx. I wonder how Tebow is going to shake out. If he is not willing to catch the ball and help out receiving in this time of need,, then he might be out.
    Operation Red Wing