Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Enha get screwed again......

ST would be too OP if they made the range increase baseline.........fail.

About time. Now fix EQ.

Why exactly is that bad for enh shamans?
    ST has a MUCH higher range than the Magma Totem has, which really needed to be replaced every damn time the boss moved pre-patch.

I mean... wtf, ST shoots Blood Queen during air phase, even when placed at the stairs where she was tanked. I absolutely see no reason to complain. It's a lot better than Magma Totem was.

i heard from someone on the beta that searing only shoots your flame shock/ss target. really dont see why they cant make it 40 yard baseline
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

As enhance, 40 yards away and your totems wouldn't be buffing you anymore. You're still going to have to redrop them all. With mana not being an issue, I see no problem with this. As enhance, you just have to get used to dropping totems all the time. I really would love for them to change our totem buffs to 100 yard range like the new Totem of Wrath mechanic, but I don't see that happening. I'm more concerned with the fact that fire elemental has become near obsolete for ehnahce. The dps is very similar when you can use Fire Nova with it, but if they boss moves just enough then you might as well just redrop searing or it's a dps loss.

They made it so searing only hits your shock debuffed taget so that if you drop a searing in lets say, a 5 man heroic, it's not going to just randomly shoot whatever is within 40 yards of it.

So, basicly we're left with 1 talent to spend as we want if we go for ~41 yard range on Searing totem... So much for the "We want players to have room to pick up fun talents" statement... -.-"

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    They made it so searing only hits your shock debuffed taget so that if you drop a searing in lets say, a 5 man heroic, it's not going to just randomly shoot whatever is within 40 yards of it.
    While this is nice for PvE, how does it affect PvP? So if your Flame shock get dispelled, ST will just sit there doing nothing until you reapply the flame shock?

Searing Totem needs a 30yd range baseline, and talented to 40yds thru Elemental Reach. Get rid of Totemic Reach for the love of god.

Also, Shock and Shear need to be updated to 30yds baseline.

And I think Searing totem only requires FS or SS at the beginning of the fight. If FS falls off, it will still hit the target you were attacking, but it won't hit random targets. So it's more like a pet now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamannoroth View Post
    I need to l2read. So this changes nothing for us enhancement shamans, we're still gonna have to redrop ST each time the boss moves an inch.
    • You're gonna have to redrop it every minute anyway.
    • You were dropping it in melee, right? So the boss has to move 20 yards before he's out of range.
    • You've got free GCDs in your rotation, precisely so you CAN do stuff like redrop ST, and not lose DPS.

Really not seeing how this is at all an issue for Enhancement. It's a vast improvement over Magma Totem, and the only complaint through WotLK was it felt silly using our AoE totem for single target DPS.

Seriously, Enhancement. I played that spec for all of WotLK. You need better range on Searing and Shocks like Elemental needs increased melee attack speed.
    Last edited by Endus; 2010-11-04 at 01:29 PM.

Now ele has no talents to play around with, there is 1 spec that outperforms all others yet again.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89 View Post
    Now ele has no talents to play around with, there is 1 spec that outperforms all others yet again.
    Until 85. When we'll have at least 3 floating points.

There's also 1 point you need to invest into Reverb or Elemental Warding just to move up the next talent tier, and neither of those has much effect on DPS in PvE; Reverb reduces cooldowns on shocks, which are more limited by Flame Shock's duration and Rolling Thunder procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    And I think Searing totem only requires FS or SS at the beginning of the fight. If FS falls off, it will still hit the target you were attacking, but it won't hit random targets. So it's more like a pet now.
    actually i think searing stops shooting when both debuffs wear off, not sure if its a bug or not, only tested on dummies
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    I checked it on beta, and let flame shock fall off, searing totem stopped attacking, when i reapplyed flame shock it started up again.

Update - When i first tested it I was on a Target dummy. I tried it on a mob and it does continue to attack even if FS falls off.
    Last edited by demus; 2010-11-05 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    they should really give searing totem the same AI as a pet in defensive mode...wont attack anything unless you attacked it or have been attacked by it...but also add in that its top priority for attacking are enemies with a shock or SS debuff on them.
    Last edited by BM-Hunter; 2010-11-04 at 11:33 PM.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Definitely a nice fix, still wish it worked with Fire Nova though

Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    actually i think searing stops shooting when both debuffs wear off, not sure if its a bug or not, only tested on dummies
    dummies and searing totems have never gone well together, you need to test it on a mob or something that will engage in combat with you

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Until 85. When we'll have at least 3 floating points.

There's also 1 point you need to invest into Reverb or Elemental Warding just to move up the next talent tier, and neither of those has much effect on DPS in PvE; Reverb reduces cooldowns on shocks, which are more limited by Flame Shock's duration and Rolling Thunder procs.
    http://wowtal.com/#k=_bW9gQVm.a79.shaman.

Show me these 3 points?

Quote Originally Posted by demus View Post
    I checked it on beta, and let flame shock fall off, searing totem stopped attacking, when i reapplyed flame shock it started up again.
    Was this on a creature or a dummy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have to say, this change MIGHT make up for them removing sentry totem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Finally. This sort of makes like like a warlocks Imp pet. Love it. Now if only it scaled with haste and i would be totally satisfied.
    Whaaaa:O that would be AWESOME!! " SWOSH SWOSH SWOSH!!!"