Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki View Post
    Actually, P&S recalculated spellpower since the beginning. Crit was rolling, haste didn't affect and debuffs are calculated on target not on the spell so they are always irrelewant on this. "Wrong and wrong again." :P

---------- Post added 2010-11-05 at 03:07 PM ----------

Thats nothing new. Its just like with DFO and PotNL proccing same time giving over 2k spellpower, either put that to use if you can or keep on your normal rotation becouse loss outweights the gain (or its too complex for player to handle trinketprocs, PI's and potions :P)
    I meant in relation with what I assume is Blizzard's attempts at challenging content. Like I said originally, I am pretty sure they put the power auras in and changed other things within the game in an attempt to let you watch the action, not your buffs. This would be against that idea.

Perhaps I just don't have the right addons, but I find the concept of watching buffs annoying. The way this change sounds though means it wont be a big deal. I guess I'll just have to see how it works. Really, because it will be a constant thing to watch for it wont be so bad anyway compared to, say a trinket that you use for a while and get used to only to switch it out.

The only place ramp up hurts is in the arenas, with boss fights the ramp up really isnt bad because we dont have to worry about "sorry I crit my first 2 fireballs and pyro" and pull the boss of the tank. Plus with the rng of interal cd's they will most likely be proccing when we have are first MB and can take advantage of re-applying dots with the damage buff and internal cd's active. I think we will clip our first set of dots just to put the improved onces up asap but after that we will just be into our priority cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Basically this. Even though we won't have to (probably ever) after the initial ramp up, it just feels kinda clunky and just doesn't feel right I guess when I've gotten used to the playstyle of DON'T CLIP THE DAMN DOT.
    Basically wrong. What did you do when we still had shadowweaving as selfbuff? Either start with mindflays to make it stacked then dots, or just normal dots and gaining the loss of buff by having dots up earlier as they will get the buff at refresh anyways. You can work same way with the mastery as well. It's kinda similiar effect - which I don't like thou - and most shadowpriests are used to have such during WotLK.

Especially when this corrects the scaling issues, I can't really see whats the problem of using this mechanic. While you can argue how stupid it is to have Shadow Weawing back in game, arguing that it brings some new clunky mechanic into game is just wrong.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

There has been alot of discussion over on shadowpriest.com about the new opener because of shadow empowerment. You only need 1 shadow orb to activate it and it will be the same DoT % damage increase regardless of how many orbs. Example: my mastery increases dot damage by 10% when I use mind blast with 1 orb, 2 orb or 3 orbs, it does not change.

The opener thats being looked at is SW:P-SF-MF (if you have not one orb up)-MB-VT-DP.

This is to make sure VT and DP get shadow empowerment right off the bat and SW:P gets it because MF refreshes it.

The priority is still the same:

Dots-SF-SWD(if at or below 25%)-MB
    Last edited by zito; 2010-11-05 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Fix't the opener.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There has been alot of discussion over on shadowpriest.com about the new opener because of shadow empowerment. You only need 1 shadow orb to activate it and it will be the same DoT % damage increase regardless of how many orbs. Example: my mastery increases dot damage by 10% when I use mind blast with 1 orb, 2 orb or 3 orbs, it does not change.

The opener thats being looked at is SW:P-SF-MF (if you have not one orb up)-VT-DP.

This is to make sure VT and DP get shadow empowerment right off the bat and SW:P gets it because MF refreshes it.

The priority is still the same:

Dots-SF-SWD(if at or below 25%)-MB
    Don't you need a MB in your opener to trigger shadow empowerment? Or is the interpretation that creating a shadow orb will give the DoT buff?

Oh thank you for catching that I forgot to add it.

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Haste is better at 80 then mastery. This should change at 85 though.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    Pretty sure Haste is better at 80 then mastery. This should change at 85 though.
    You didn't bother reading this thread at all... did you...