Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WTB No Fall Damage EOT

Why have they not added a no fall damage buff to the start of bgs, Eye of the Storm in particular. There is always that pally that leaves Crusader Aura on and you start off bg with 20% hp.And yeah this dose annoy me being only random bg i get.

/end rant

Well, since The Horde also get fall dmg the BG's should start rather equal.
    If that isn't enough for you, skill Engineering and get parachute on your cloak.

there is an easy way to not take dmg at the start. jump onto the rock infront and turn around and jump to the ground behind it........
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Hibz View Post
    Well, since The Horde also get fall dmg the BG's should start rather equal.
    If that isn't enough for you, skill Engineering and get parachute on your cloak.
    Not really saying its not balanced, its just annoying have to eat up right after. Playing classes that cant heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe blizz should just put another rock below that rock you jump off, so you dont fall so far.

Even with crusader, if you go to the edge of the starting rock, edge sideways to the right so you fall on the lower rock you can jump down without taking any damage at all.

Clearly a learn to play issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Takanasi View Post
    Even with crusader, if you go to the edge of the starting rock, edge sideways to the right so you fall on the lower rock you can jump down without taking any damage at all.

Clearly a learn to play issue here.
    You cannot do that trick with crusader aura, its not possibe. iv did more EOTS then you have bgs prolly.

Deleted
    Well going by your avatar / sig.. You're a fucking priest! L2 Levitate

It's a good way to spot all the noobs and keyboardturners in your battleground so it should stay.
    If you're halfway smart and can manage to get past the first goomba in Super Mario then you should also be able to jump down there without taking any fall damage. Even with crusader aura active.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkama View Post
    Cant mount while lev, and im sure as hell not walking down thats slow as shit.

Edit: OR they can just add a buff like i stated. =).

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    It's a good way to spot all the noobs and keyboardturners in your battleground so it should stay.
    If you're halfway smart and can manage to get past the first goomba in Super Mario then you should also be able to jump down there without taking any fall damage. Even with crusader aura active.
    lol with crusader aura you cant do that...

Quote Originally Posted by Alkama View Post
    this

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    You cannot do that trick with crusader aura, its not possibe. iv did more EOTS then you have bgs prolly.
    I do that said trick all the time, and I'm a Paladin. you just aren't doing it right.

But I still sympathize. They should add another rock on both sides.

Cant mount while lev, and im sure as hell not walking down thats slow as shit.

Edit: OR they can just add a buff like i stated. =).
    OR: You can run off with crusader aura, and right when you leave the platform, cast levitate and float far as hell then quickly mount up. i know its a 1.5 second cast, probably too long for you if youre complaining about this.

lol with crusader aura you cant do that...
    Yes you can. I'm a paladin, I do it all the time and it is super easy. But every once in while there is somebody in the BG who yells at me "TURN CRUSADER AURA OFF EVERYONE WILL TAKE FALLDAMAGE". It's quite hilarious. You're probably one of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Yes you can. I'm a paladin, I do it all the time and it is super easy. But every once in while there is somebody in the BG who yells at me "TURN CRUSADER AURA OFF EVERYONE WILL TAKE FALLDAMAGE". It's quite hilarious. You're probably one of those guys.
    Nope im one the guys that yells forget the flag do a 3 cap, while people like you are trying to take control of the middle like the baddies they are.

Nope im one the guys that yells forget the flag do a 3 cap, while people like you are trying to take control of the middle like the baddies they are.
    That is relevant how? You are just making baseless, random assumptions. His assumption that you take massive fall damage is based on your post saying that its impossible to get down with crusader on and not taking fall damage.

Also if you can't manage with crusader like the rest of us, you can jump off with your mount and crusader, instantly levitate, and float at full mount+crusader speed pretty much all the way to DR.

Hop on the floating rocks. That's what I do.

Roll druid and switch to cat form. No (or greatly reduced) fall damage (that's how I got "Going Down" with my druid BTW.)

Quote Originally Posted by gregd8888 View Post
    OP is a retard
    Inc Ban

On Topic, I don't like the start for EOTS period, I personally think blizzard needs to just stick us on the ground and get rid of the fucking bubble, make a corral for all I care

Fall damage is annoying in pvp, when a class wins because of it, like Ele shamans at LM or even if its only a short distance but you take say 40% of your health in damage, in PvP it has no place imo

Stand on the left side of the platform. Angle right. Land on right side of rock. Turn to the side. Jump off on the hill.

I'm a paladin. I've never been yelled at for having Crusader Aura up. And I only take fall damage if I have a derp moment.

I had to learn to do it that way because even without Crusader, my run speed talent is enough to make me launch past the lower rock if I run straight out.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2010-11-05 at 12:08 AM.