Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior or Ret Pally

which will be better in Cata in terms of viability, strength and fun factor?

Its all opinion good sir you need to figure it out yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Depends on your personal style. You can't ask questions like "which is more viable", it doesn't get you a useable answer.

Since this is in the PVP forums.

I put it like this. Warriors and Retribution Paladins are alike... only Retribution Paladins can be kited, dispelled and silenced.

warriors if its bg and u get suprice opertunity or got healing backup, otherwise ret, guess it altso depends on what lvl u be talking about and what warrior spec, i still say arms is crap for mobility alltoe survival has gone up a bit, fury got bit bether mobility and prot even more so still w8ing for a +movment speed for the endurance junkies! xD, but yeah as above said hard to say gota figure out urself =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    rets really easy i would go with that. maybe prot pally if ret seems to hard for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure P View Post

I put it like this. Warriors and Retribution Paladins are alike... only Retribution Paladins can be kited, dispelled and silenced.
    This.

Though in Blizzard's defense, Divine Shield is such a powerful spell that keeping it and making us stronger would be OP. I'd really love if it was an absorb with a holy talent for immunity while giving use a snare break on LotL or dispell resistance(of some kind)

Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    rets really easy i would go with that. maybe prot pally if ret seems to hard for you.
    Ret's really easy? Are you still stuck in 3.3? Cause ret's not exactly faceroll anymore.

If you don't want everyone to irrationally hate you play Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure P View Post

Pretty much this. I've played a Retri Paladin for a long while, but ever since I started to play my Warrior I cannot believe I actually played a Retridin. And yea, I played my Paladin to a fair rank back in tbc, when they were even shittier.

Deleted
    Tbh Warrrior's are doing better than Rets atm. Ret is a joke, the only real threat is when they pop wings, and that can be countered by many classes anyway.

I've been playing both classes for a while, they both do well at certain things but for the most part, I feel like warriors have always been in a good place, really good mobility, high dependable damage, the full package. I've always thought of paladins as the support class in PvP.

I can't remember ANY time besides lolret in 3.0 where ret has been better at pvp than warriors. feel free to correct me with one or two times I may have forgotten about in <how ever many years wow has been out> if you feel like it, but I don't think that changes the point I'm making.

not to mention warriors getting ANOTHER gap closer while rets are losing .....lots of stuff.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors 100%. Rets aren't even close.

lol not even a question. rets have come a long way from faceroll and being boring but still the warrior class is the most fun mobile, exciting class. Charge and spell reflect should be enough imo. yes i may be bias because my main is a warr.lol

My main is a paladin and ive been trying to be ret pala in pvp since 3.3 and every time you met a mage you would either be constantly sheeped or kited beyond what's fair and balanced.
    Now in patch 4.0.1 we can nolonger disspell magic = half of our support is gone, MORE than half of our mobility has gone and we have recieved 1 damage buff that works "wings" although anyone decent enough would notice those flashy wings so fast and spellsteal them/purge/disspell them, And even if they didnt my hammer of wrath hits for 15-20k depending on resilience (around 15k for 1k resi) and hammer has a 6 second cooldown. which means if you get hit once by hammer of wrath you know that another one WILL come in 6 seconds and u can cc him then. if you break his cc most classes has absorb or such and it wont be an issue.

So, as a retpaladin i would have to say go warrior, myself ive got a lvl 71 arms warrior and he's got more chances to get close to enemies than my paladin could ever dream of. Oh and besides, the ret paladin "slow" is our seal, if we use that seal the movement speed will become 100% for the one we hit while our damage on auto attacks is halfed, if we hit a mage we get slowed by 60% or whatever while he gets slowed to 100%.. Balance is such a nice thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind many of the responses here are based on experiences in 4.0.1 and previous patches. This is not necessarily indicative of what it will be like in Cataclysm, and I'm assuming the OP was wondering about Cataclysm considering the fact that we have 1 month until release.

Who's saying ret is hard? Are u kidding me its so easy now just because they added a few new things doesnt make it impossible to play. Roll a hard class bro

Paladins are not that bad... you've got slowing seals, talents that increase your speed by 50% when you hit with judgement from far away, we still have blessing of freedom, talents that increase running speed, etc...
    Perhaps rets are harder now, but with decent opportunity self healing you could win any warrior. Word of glory every 3 holy power that heals me 10k on hit(1/3 of my total hp) is quite OP - not to mention its insta heal.
    You'll just have to play a ret like we did in vanilla days, more defensive rather than offensive. You just can't strom in and dps down ppl in 3 sec anymore.
    Last edited by Grable; 2010-11-08 at 07:09 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Retribution Paladins can do *okay*, but most of your success is really dependent on the skill of your opponent and the strength of your strikes.

Switching over from a Retribution Paladin to a Warrior (arms or prot- I don't have experience as fury) is absolutely liberating. You have so many more tools and counters in your arsenal.

Playing as a ret paladin is basically saying "I'm going to zergling rush at the beginning. Every time. I just have to hope they're not expecting it or don't know how to handle it." Warriors, on the other hand, can react to different situations. Retribution is making progress, but warriors are still way ahead in those terms.

This has been demonstrated by Retribution's performance in arenas. They do well at lower ratings, but once you get to a certain point you see nearly none of them. Almost every paladin you see in a "top X" list is holy.
    Last edited by Rude Hero; 2010-11-08 at 07:14 AM.