Deathwing Vs Alex quest

I'm just curious if someone could explain this quest to me; Alexstrasza has these 4 beams being channeled into her as she battles Deathwing in human form. I'm wondering what those things were? Deathwing's power was supposed to be 10x what it was last time they fought, yet she seems to best him in human form and in dragon form (she's convinced she killed him, though he survives). I'm just wondering if there's some explanation for this or if we're just supposed to assume she's nearly as powerful as him, regardless of his enhanced strength.

He could have just been f***ing with her, bad guys tend to do that. They let you think you have a chance, then steamroll you.
    The problem with opportunity is that it just knocks. Temptation kicks the door in.

Quote Originally Posted by boo_6917 View Post
    He could have just been f***ing with her, bad guys tend to do that. They let you think you have a chance, then steamroll you.

wait... like post-4.0.1 Shockadins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Should people like the OP take a chill pill and pull Cairne's favorite tree trunk/ weapon thing out of their asses?
    Yes. Most definitely

10+ Year Old Account
    She didn't "nearly best him". She thought she beat him (why, I don't know), but he escaped unharmed while she was badly injured.

It's irrelevant as Blizzard changed the whole quest altogether. Deathwing no longer goes into his human form and there's barely any type of battle between Alexstrasza and Deathwing in the circle of life. The confrontation is there, but soon after Deathwing says "Then witness my new gifts, bestowed by this world's true master's", he basically spits fire upon Alexstrasza and flies away. A hit and run, if you will. The whole thing is a cutscene too.

In my honest opinion, they really should have kept the original quest in tact, because it was much more impactful and meaningful to the storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cortinator View Post
    It's irrelevant as Blizzard changed the whole quest altogether. Deathwing no longer goes into his human form and there's barely any type of battle between Alexstrasza and Deathwing. The confrontation is there, but soon after Deathwing says "Then witness my new gifts, bestowed by this world's true master's", he basically spits fire upon Alexstrasza and flies away. A hit and run, if you will.

In my honest opinion, they really should have kept the original quest in tact, because it was much more impactful and meaningful to the storyline.
    Unless they changed it very very recently (in the last build), the fight doesn't end there. Alexstrasza changes into dragon form and follows him, then you get a quest to fight Twilight drakes on the back of a red dragon while Deathwing and Alexstrasza grapple in the air, then they fall into Wetlands and disappear until Alexstrasza reappears and says she won.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Unless they changed it very very recently (in the last build), the fight doesn't end there. Alexstrasza changes into dragon form and follows him, then you get a quest to fight Twilight drakes on the back of a red dragon while Deathwing and Alexstrasza grapple in the air, then they fall into Wetlands and disappear until Alexstrasza reappears and says she won.
    Yeah, the initial meeting between the 2 changes drastically, but the battle between them in their dragon forms pretty much remained the same.

Also, the new version of the quest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22qMoXR7uYU

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the initial meeting between the 2 changes drastically, but the battle between them in their dragon forms pretty much remained the same.

Ahh, I see what you meant.

I feel better about how this went, plus no weird tentacle crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Fftide04 View Post
    I feel better about how this went, plus no weird tentacle crap...
    Agreed. Not like killing those non-elites was fun or anything anyways. ^_^'

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Ahh, I see what you meant.
    btw, are you an argonian? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fftide04 View Post
    btw, are you an argonian? :O
    Although that's always what I play as in Morrowind and Oblivion...no.

It seem very choppy that cinematic... But still Epic.